Cricket

Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

jdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to all
Default Cricket

Hi, First post, joined a few days ago. Does anyone know of a cricket team in the Sevilla/Huelva/Ayamonte area. My husband is very keen to play if a team exists.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 12:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Cricket

Originally Posted by jdunbavin
Hi, First post, joined a few days ago. Does anyone know of a cricket team in the Sevilla/Huelva/Ayamonte area. My husband is very keen to play if a team exists.
Welcome to the Forum. Get in touch with Forteleza who posts on here.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:00 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cricket

Funny you should mention that as Cricket Ayamonte is just gearing up for its second season. We are a very amateur bunch but our players are very keen (we have a couple of ringers too!!!) Problem is getting fixtures as we tended to just play the same team last year (a team from Portugal). They also have the problem of not many being around.
However, we did talk to the Cricket Spain organisation who were very helpful and supportive and suggested we should aim to play in the national league. Despite my many protestations that we were nowhere near ready (we don't even have much kit FFS!!) they did say that it was not important as they were just keen on getting the game promoted no matter how dire we are.

So we're hoping for some bigger games this year (we've decided against the league but will play them on a friendly basis) so your OH would be most welcome. PM me your contact details and I'll be in touch
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know of any cricket clubs in the Granada or Jaen regions?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:26 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Does anyone know of any cricket clubs in the Granada or Jaen regions?
Don't think there is but you never know your luck. Here's a link to the main clubs http://www.icc-europe.org/SPAIN/DATA...IN/clubs.shtml

There are of course more out there than are on that list but I don't seem to recall any one in the Jaen/Granada region
Old Mar 27th 2008, 1:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Tallbob might know, he plays it over here I think. He's probably there just to make up the numbers, but he might have some info
Old Mar 27th 2008, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Fortaleza and Mitzy. Ive hear of clubs in Cadiz and Alfas del Pi but nowhere else.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

jdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to alljdunbavin is a name known to all

Thanks for replying my telephone number is <snip not a good idea to post phone numbers on an open forum, pm them to him>
I sure it will be fun!
Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Funny you should mention that as Cricket Ayamonte is just gearing up for its second season. We are a very amateur bunch but our players are very keen (we have a couple of ringers too!!!) Problem is getting fixtures as we tended to just play the same team last year (a team from Portugal). They also have the problem of not many being around.
However, we did talk to the Cricket Spain organisation who were very helpful and supportive and suggested we should aim to play in the national league. Despite my many protestations that we were nowhere near ready (we don't even have much kit FFS!!) they did say that it was not important as they were just keen on getting the game promoted no matter how dire we are.

So we're hoping for some bigger games this year (we've decided against the league but will play them on a friendly basis) so your OH would be most welcome. PM me your contact details and I'll be in touch

Last edited by jdr; Mar 27th 2008 at 9:19 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi, thanks for deleting the telephone numbers. I'm still trying to get the hang of how the forum works and when I pressed 'send' I realise that that wasn't a good idea. I have now sent a PM. Judith
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for deleting the telephone numbers. I'm still trying to get the hang of how the forum works and when I pressed 'send' I realise that that wasn't a good idea. I have now sent a PM. Judith
No problem.
You can always click on the edit button and edit the text within a time limit.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

Mitzy is right and wrong I do play over here and not just to make up the numbers

There are very few Cricket grounds in Spain the only 2 we play at are The Woodbridge Oval at Alfas Del Pi near Benidorm and La Manga

In the Spanish league I play for Albox and we are currently building our own ground but that's still a couple of years away, I also play for the Forty Club of Spain which is for cricketers over 40 and they only play at Alfas Del Pi and I think you can only be considered if you play in a league team anyway, when I played for the North East and East Midlands teams back in the UK you had to play in a very high standard before you got looked at

Hope this helps
Old Sep 28th 2008, 1:50 am
Just Joined

Peter B is an unknown quantity at this point

Fortaleza - Is the cricket team still going? Sorry I would PM direct but apparently you have to have a minimum number of posts before you're allowed to.

Please PM if you have any info. I'm keen but very amateur.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 7:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter B
Fortaleza - Is the cricket team still going? Sorry I would PM direct but apparently you have to have a minimum number of posts before you're allowed to.

Please PM if you have any info. I'm keen but very amateur.
you need 3 post to send pms, suggest you just say 'me to' or some such drivel to a couple of the threads in Siesta time to get your count up.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
you need 3 post to send pms, suggest you just say 'me to' or some such drivel to a couple of the threads in Siesta time to get your count up.
Dont do that please. Your posts will most likely be deleted as posts are supposed to be of a meaningful variety