Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Noisy pool pump

Noisy pool pump

Old Aug 6th 2013, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

Fri-sche is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Noisy pool pump

Our pool pump (it's a SILEN 100 M) tells me by noise that it needs new bearings and possibly a turbine + a seal kit.
Do you know a repair shop between Calpe and Denia ?

Fri-sche
Old Aug 7th 2013, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Noisy pool pump

Hi, I had a silen 100 & the bearings were shot.

I just bought a new one it's really not worth fixing. You can use the old one as spares for anything but the shot bearings.

Get some prices for a new one - they vary a lot.

PM me if you get stuck - I am in Denia.
Old Aug 7th 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same pump. A few years ago it was submerged in floodwater for over 24 hours and after ran noisily.

About six months ago I had it fixed by a local electrical engineer (good old fashioned type) as it needed a new capacitor too.

Change out of sixty euros. It starts first time now and is as silent as new.
Old Aug 8th 2013, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by poolboy
Hi, I had a silen 100 & the bearings were shot. I just bought a new one it's really not worth fixing. You can use the old one as spares for anything but the shot bearings. Get some prices for a new one - they vary a lot. PM me if you get stuck - I am in Denia.

@ olivefarmer
I have the same pump. A few years ago it was submerged in floodwater for over 24 hours and after ran noisily. About six months ago I had it fixed by a local electrical engineer (good old fashioned type) as it needed a new capacitor too. Change out of sixty euros. It starts first time now and is as silent as new.

Thanks for your statements, poolboy and olivefarmer. Well, a new pump is about 200 € and the repair might be between the 60 € (OF had payed) and some 80 €. My pump isn't elder than 4 years and beside the costs of repair: I don't want to throw away such a value. I'll go for a repair
Fri-sche
Old Aug 21st 2013, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys,

just want to report that I'd got an address of a repair shop in Javea. Last week I delivered my pump there in the morning and collected it in the evening same day.
Costs a bit less than 90 €. The pump works like a new one. I'm satisfied!

fri-sche
Old Aug 21st 2013, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

Good result