Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Noise laws..again

Noise laws..again

Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:30 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noise laws..again

Originally Posted by lostinspain
Actually, I spoke to my municipal office and was told that there should be any noise after 12 as there are laws, and also flowers should be watered at night and not in the morning, re: aptments.

Hmmm...Will try to talk to my neighbours.

That is strange as in a lot of places the noise does not start until after midnight!!!!!! Have noticed that people in apartments do tend to water their plants in the morning but I thought that was about it being cooler then rather than them following rules.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Aug 28th 2007 at 2:52 pm. Reason: bad typing
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough

yes, re: plants...But when you live in an apartment and having a nice relaxing breakfast and it gets mixed with the water and earth from upstairs "plant care" it is a different story.

And re: noise, at least that is what I was told, and yes you are right, they start after midnight, but ours is a residential area and people have to go to work in the morning etc. so there is a noise law.
I don't think anyone cares though...So hard to reinforce.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostinspain
yes, re: plants...But when you live in an apartment and having a nice relaxing breakfast and it gets mixed with the water and earth from upstairs "plant care" it is a different story.

And re: noise, at least that is what I was told, and yes you are right, they start after midnight, but ours is a residential area and people have to go to work in the morning etc. so there is a noise law.
I don't think anyone cares though...So hard to reinforce.

Have you considered mentioning to the people upstairs that the muck and water drops onto your cornflakes of a morning and would they mind bearing that in mind?

On the noise situation if there is a law is it possible people don't know about it? I wonder if you have trouble that you could call out the environmental health people or the police like in the UK?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:33 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I live in a spanish residential area and there is no noise at night. As for having kids sitting on your doorstep, they are trying it on because you are extranjeros. Reading the local newspapers more and more Spanish are now complaining about noise. If its a tourist area then you have to accept that when people are on holiday they will stay up late and noise carries, choose your area carefully.