Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Noise laws..again

Noise laws..again

Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough
Default Noise laws..again

Since the old thread is closed, I thought I'll start it again.

It can't be that I am the only one going crazy with kids around the place. I love kids and have a small one also, but this Spanish kids are driving me crazy. I noved far from the main square since it was noisy, but kids here run wild unsupervised all night and that's ok, not my problem, but why do they have a need to make screeming noises or use loud whistles etc etc..What's up with that?

And the smaller kids just run around like headless chickens all day long, totally bored and screeming climbing on the fences...I don't know...

Just seems shouting all day and night. Do they do this when school year starts also? If yes, how do they get up in te morning?

Totally crazy.
:curse:
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Noise laws..again

Luckily we live up the hill outside the town, so its reasonably peaceful yet we can get the hustle and bustle if we want it by driving down to the town.

But we are plagued sometimes by a dog barking down in the valley
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

lostinspain will become famous soon enoughlostinspain will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Luckily we live up the hill outside the town, so its reasonably peaceful yet we can get the hustle and bustle if we want it by driving down to the town.

But we are plagued sometimes by a dog barking down in the valley
oh yes, dogs...Everywhere...I really don't like them inbetween the tables when I am eating as some are not trained and it really spoils my lunch.

As I write this, teens outside are screeming their heads off just going in the large groups...It seems something they do...To shout and screem and walk up and down the sidewalks. Drive me mad.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lostinspain
oh yes, dogs...Everywhere...I really don't like them inbetween the tables when I am eating as some are not trained and it really spoils my lunch.

As I write this, teens outside are screeming their heads off just going in the large groups...It seems something they do...To shout and screem and walk up and down the sidewalks. Drive me mad.
Bucket of water, upstairs window, throw water in said bucket out of window, job done
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Bucket of water, upstairs window, throw water in said bucket out of window, job done
I was told to be "nice" as they will be ringing my bell all night and the locals don't seem to worry about the noise. But at present, there is over 20 kids outside and jsut shouting. Where I am, no restaurants, jsut row of apartments and the beach. Why can't they go to disco or something
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:19 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by lostinspain
. Why can't they go to disco or something
Dunno, why don't you pop out and ask them
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

Just read about a survey done in Spain on the subject of what bothers people most in their neighbourhood - this was a survey of Spanish people rather than Brits.

In the Malaga region noise was the leader by a good stretch...not surprisingly!

It may interest you to know that Spain is the second noisiest country in the world (after, bizarrely, Japan!).
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:32 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I can remember the days when kids would go out and do wholesome things like sniffing glue, smoking dope, shagging girls in the park and drinking shed loads of cider!
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:43 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ah, I can remember the days when kids would go out and do wholesome things like sniffing glue, smoking dope, shagging girls in the park and drinking shed loads of cider!
was this with the Petworth massive matt?
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:44 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
was this with the Petworth massive matt?
Nah, didn't grow up here........

and well done for remembering where I live.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:48 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, didn't grow up here........

and well done for remembering where I live.
have mates in Graffam (sp), Selham & Midhurst, spent some early summers nr Burton Mill pond (that and occasionally had a few jars in the Egmont)

pictured you with that cider round the back of Petworth house
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:49 am
Straw Man.

have mates in Graffam (sp), Selham & Midhurst, spent some early summers nr Burton Mill pond (that and occasionally had a few jars in the Egmont)

pictured you with that cider round the back of Petworth house
Where abouts in Graffham?

My OH is from there.

Egmont has long gone.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:54 am
Democracy advocate

Where abouts in Graffham?

My OH is from there.

Egmont has long gone.
turn opposite the halfway house, past the three moles, after that I'd have to recognise the road

the Egmont has gone! "Brezhnev, he never told us!". Makes me feel old, nothing like heading to Midhurst on a Saturday night and taking your life in your hands
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:59 am
Straw Man.

turn opposite the halfway house, past the three moles, after that I'd have to recognise the road

the Egmont has gone! "Brezhnev, he never told us!". Makes me feel old, nothing like heading to Midhurst on a Saturday night and taking your life in your hands
It hasnt changed a bit, Midhurst is still as bad. A young boy got stabbed and killed a few years ago and it all calmed down, but it is getting bad again.

Yeah, the Egmont is flats now, pity, it was a good pub.

We actually live near Lodsworth, absolutely love the place but the cheapest place to rent within a 5 mile radius is £1000 a month and that's for a flat, its just getting stupid!

Lynn used to live in Midhurst.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 8:10 am
Democracy advocate

It hasnt changed a bit, Midhurst is still as bad. A young boy got stabbed and killed a few years ago and it all calmed down, but it is getting bad again.

Yeah, the Egmont is flats now, pity, it was a good pub.

We actually live near Lodsworth, absolutely love the place but the cheapest place to rent within a 5 mile radius is £1000 a month and that's for a flat, its just getting stupid!

Lynn used to live in Midhurst.
1000 for a flat, bloody hell

Lodsworth? remember the name, but to be honest it all rolls into one for me around there. (just checked on map, remember now)

What I do remember is the "Graffam Rules" that my homies south of the downs (inc myself) coined for the practises of our Midhurst and environs chums - basically Graffam rules permitted the sleeping with and swapping off partners willy-nilly throughout ones teens and twenties. I can't think of one person I know from the area who is not married (or divorced/seperated) to someone who wasn't a previous partner of another friend. (may have over-negatived that)

All seemed quite civil, sort of take one and pass it on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.