Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

No. not the UK!

No. not the UK!

Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:17 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default No. not the UK!

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20100410/m...-20100410.html

Not like the little darlings in the UK are they
Old Apr 10th 2010, 10:35 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No. not the UK!

Ever heard of Spring break?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
http://www.diariosur.es/v/20100410/m...-20100410.html

Not like the little darlings in the UK are they
What's your point? Botellones have been a big thing in Spain pver the past 10 years. I think they're great, a chance for young people to get together and have fun without having to pay hundreds of euros to go to a festival or pay 5 euros a cubata at a bar.

As long as they do it away from sleeping neighbours and there is no violence of course.

Twice I've seen a few hundred teenagers get together for a botellon on the beach at Fuengirola, the atmosphere seemed relaxed and fun.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:04 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

As long as they do it away from sleeping neighbours and there is no violence of course.

Twice I've seen a few hundred teenagers get together for a botellon on the beach at Fuengirola, the atmosphere seemed relaxed and fun.
I think thats the OPs point!! Not like the little darlings in the UK are they!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo

Jo xxx
ok fair enough, I've got a knee jerk defense system to jackytoo's posts!
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:18 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Botellones are a great idea, but I dont think the health and safety mentality in the UK would ever allow such things. A shame cos they seem to allow youngsters the freedom and acceptance to get "it" out of their systems

Jo xxxx
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:55 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Botellones are a great idea, but I dont think the health and safety mentality in the UK would ever allow such things. A shame cos they seem to allow youngsters the freedom and acceptance to get "it" out of their systems

Jo xxxx
Don't the kids "get it out of their system" at festivals like Glastonbury, whether it be drugs or alcohol?
I'm not sure whether this affects the safety in city centres at night though. There's a small but significant minority of young (and not so young) Brits that end up fighting after a drinking session - try walking around Nottingham, Leicester or even Oxford (George Street) at night to see this. It doesn't seem to be quite as bad on the continent, even though I'm sure you can find exceptions. And why are destinations like Salou, Ibiza, Prague, Riga etc always complaining about drunken British behaviour? As I say I don't think the provision of a botellon or a festival stops this, but I'm not too sure what the answer would be anyway.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:59 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Don't the kids "get it out of their system" at festivals like Glastonbury, whether it be drugs or alcohol?
I'm not sure whether this affects the safety in city centres at night though. There's a small but significant minority of young (and not so young) Brits that end up fighting after a drinking session - try walking around Nottingham, Leicester or even Oxford (George Street) at night to see this. It doesn't seem to be quite as bad on the continent, even though I'm sure you can find exceptions. And why are destinations like Salou, Ibiza, Prague, Riga etc always complaining about drunken British behaviour? As I say I don't think the provision of a botellon or a festival stops this, but I'm not too sure what the answer would be anyway.
I dont know either, but it seems to me (and I could be wrong, I dont know too much about Botellons) that at least the kids are all in one place and they're pretty much monitored by the guardia. Not roaming around in noisy packs, looking for trouble and out of control as seems to be the case in the UK

Jo xx
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

I used to go to the Botellones a few years back before I met my OH. In general they were always pretty good natured and not once did I see any violence, however it did piss the local residents off no end due to a) the noise until the small hours of the morning and then b) the terrible mess that they wake up to the next day. And of course drugs were rife. As a youngster I thought they were great, but if I were a parent I'm not so sure I'd be so approving.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 9:12 am
squeaky clean

Originally Posted by Veleta
I used to go to the Botellones a few years back before I met my OH. In general they were always pretty good natured and not once did I see any violence, however it did piss the local residents off no end due to a) the noise until the small hours of the morning and then b) the terrible mess that they wake up to the next day. And of course drugs were rife. As a youngster I thought they were great, but if I were a parent I'm not so sure I'd be so approving.

As a parent, I dont like the idea of any of my kids going out and getting completely *****!!! But it seems that if it has to be done (I'm sure I didnt ever do it - did I???) it makes sense to keep it in one place. I'd sooner my kids, (if they have to go out and get bladdered) were in a monitored corner somewhere than roaming aimlessly and noisily thru the streets where not only would they antagonise other such groups and probably start fighting etc, but could end up anywhere ????

Also as a parent, you'd know where to find them - unlike in the UK having to drive around in the small hours looking for an errant teenager - now that is scary stuff - that was only ever done once in my household!!!!!!!!!

Jo xxx
Old Apr 11th 2010, 7:41 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

If the Crisis continues, I can see botellones for pensioners becoming popular. Why should such a sensible custom be restricted to teenagers?
Old Apr 11th 2010, 8:01 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Jo xxx
Don't know really.
It's quite hard to detect sarcasm over the computer.
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:21 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HBG
If the Crisis continues, I can see botellones for pensioners becoming popular. Why should such a sensible custom be restricted to teenagers?
Hear-hear - I'll go for that

Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunacrout
Hear-hear - I'll go for that

yeah but pensionistas can afford a few tubos, like to sit in a bar and harm a nice warm enviroment .. dont they?

kids just wanna get pissed anywhere they can.. lol
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:46 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
yeah but pensionistas can afford a few tubos, like to sit in a bar and harm a nice warm enviroment .. dont they?

kids just wanna get pissed anywhere they can.. lol
Our local bars are far from warm!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.