Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

NIE number query

NIE number query

Old Aug 5th 2011, 7:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE number query

Originally Posted by johnnyone
If you need a NIE and do not know how to go about it, the answer is to pay a lawyer to do it for you.
No hassle, no queuing, no problem.
you still have to go in person though
Old Aug 5th 2011, 9:07 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Re the new forms.

The old EX16 was used for registration of EU foreigners on the database AND for issuing a residencia card to non EU family members of an EU citizen.

EX18 is now just for EU citizens and there is another new form, EX19 for the non EU family members residencia card.

EX16 still exists but it is now for a completely different purpose.

To apply for an NIE without registration another new form EX15, is the correct form. Previously it was EX14

These can all be downloaded at http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/modelos/extranjeria/
Old Aug 5th 2011, 2:37 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I'm not sure this is true.

When we planned to come over, our abogado got our NIE's for us whilst we were still in UK.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 2:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

It always used to be that if your lawyer organised it you still had to pick them up in person. Presumably so they could check that you were the person on the passport.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 3:02 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
It always used to be that if your lawyer organised it you still had to pick them up in person. Presumably so they could check that you were the person on the passport.
we had to 7 1/2 years ago & my dad had to a week or so back, too
Old Aug 5th 2011, 3:31 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

When we planned to come over, our abogado got our NIE's for us whilst we were still in UK.
When we were buying our house we were given the forms to fill out by the estate agant and we personally took them to the police station where they were checked with our passports and signed and stamped. When the NIE´s were ready for collection the estate agent was able to collect them for us as the person had written down that we had been seen.

This was 71/2 years ago in Gandia. I know that the office has changed their methods drastically since then.

Rosemary
Old Aug 6th 2011, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

We got ours in October 2008.
The lawyer arranged it all and we did not need to attend in person.
Old Aug 6th 2011, 7:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by snikpoh

Originally Posted by Fred James
we had to 7 1/2 years ago & my dad had to a week or so back, too
Originally Posted by The Oddities
When we were buying our house we were given the forms to fill out by the estate agant and we personally took them to the police station where they were checked with our passports and signed and stamped. When the NIE´s were ready for collection the estate agent was able to collect them for us as the person had written down that we had been seen.

This was 71/2 years ago in Gandia. I know that the office has changed their methods drastically since then.

Rosemary
Originally Posted by johnnyone
We got ours in October 2008.
The lawyer arranged it all and we did not need to attend in person.
isn't Spain wonderful
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:05 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

isn't Spain wonderful
Yes, there is no chance of getting bored, no chance of thinking that you know the answers, no chance for anyone to be a knowall.

I think that over the years we have all learnt to say "when we did it, it was done in this way" and "in our area we think that" and of course the all important ones such as "depends on who is on duty" and "depends on time of day/week/month".

Rosemary
Old Aug 6th 2011, 9:30 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Yes, there is no chance of getting bored, no chance of thinking that you know the answers, no chance for anyone to be a knowall.

I think that over the years we have all learnt to say "when we did it, it was done in this way" and "in our area we think that" and of course the all important ones such as "depends on who is on duty" and "depends on time of day/week/month".

Rosemary
is probably the most important one!!!