Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

NIE appointment

NIE appointment

Old Feb 22nd 2021, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Barbms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE appointment

Has anyone been able to get an Appointment for final stage of Residency, especially in Alicante?
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE appointment

I have mine but a friend recently told me that he was trying regularly to get one with the online system - some dates opened up but by the time he had checked with his wife etc they had gone! So seems like you have to keep trying and be prepared to accept immediately or maybe refer to a gestor.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barbms
Has anyone been able to get an Appointment for final stage of Residency, especially in Alicante?
Hi. i assume you mean for the TIE?

Depends which way you applied. But there are very few appointments.
Don't take this as gospel but our Solicitor said most of the appointments were being taken by residents who are exchanging from the old cert to the TIE and its not leaving many for the new first time applicants.
She checks every morning and gets a max of 2 or 3 every day, they have well over 100 new applicants waiting. Times that by however many you want and its going to take some time.

Would be easier if it were an automatic system and it was sorted by submission date. Making you book an appointment for something you have already applied for doesn't make much sense to me.

If you filled online yourself (and you would have need the digital signature) I believe its possible to book the fingerprint appointment yourself. You also contact them using the approval number.
If like us, it was done via a Gestor or Solicitor then you have to wait for them to get the appointment for you.

We put ours in via the Solicitor in early November, had the email saying it was approved 2 weeks later (have you had this?) and now we are all just stuck waiting. Ours are sat in Alicante as well.
In fact my driving licence exchange is going faster than the residency as I have my temporary permit.

Having the approval email gives you a case number and sort of proves you are resident, so I am carrying that around with me just in case we get asked.

Just think we are all going to have to be patient.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I have just changed mine last week all be it at Málaga. Mine was just an exchange from green card to TIE given all the hassle people were getting. I hadn't intended changing it yet but decided seeing the fiasco a few weeks ago that I may as well exchange. Normally our nearest police station is Torre Del Mar but never seems to be any appointments there so had to go to Málaga itself which isn't really any issue. They were not actually that busy when I went last week. One thing I have found is check Monday mornings for appointments it would seem they put them out first thing Monday, I may be wrong but that's when I check for any appointments. I now just have to wait 45 days to return and collect the new card.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

n77af is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve been waiting for my fingerprinting appointment for about 8 weeks. My solicitor this morning said my appointment is for 5th March. Like most things in Spain, it seems you will get there eventually. I’ve lived here a year now and if nothing else, I’ve learned that if you don’t have a certain amount of patience, then maybe it’s not the place to be. 😂😂

Last edited by n77af; Feb 22nd 2021 at 3:41 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2021, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I can say with the benefit of 20 years experience here that you are absolutely correct - so now enjoy!