NIE

Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:15 am
Just Joined

diverdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NIE

Hi

WE currently have our NIEs but since obtaining them we have moved to a new address. Do we need to inform any department of this?

dd
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NIE

Originally Posted by diverdan
Hi

WE currently have our NIEs but since obtaining them we have moved to a new address. Do we need to inform any department of this?

dd
No, you will lose yourself in paperwork probably, NIE`s are national and stay with you for life, they will soon enough find you if they need you.
They will know your change of address every time you buy or rent anything.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

.....a couple of times I've been challenged for producing a paper NIE, they say it should be a plastic tarjeta. Any info on that?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:54 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
.....a couple of times I've been challenged for producing a paper NIE, they say it should be a plastic tarjeta. Any info on that?
Who challenged you?

The NIE is always a piece of paper. The Spanish would never use it as they would always have a plastic ID card with the number on it.

If you are a resident then you would have an old style plastic card or the new style paper certificate - they both have your NIE number on it.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 1:55 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There have never been plastic NIE cards, Residencia cards yes, but they are not NIEs. Your NIE will be an A4 paper, it's vital to keep this safe as getting a replacement may be nigh impossible.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I need to get residencia (dragging my heels at the thought of the Qs not to mention not being sure where to go....I know it's the Police, but wouldn't have a clue where). My NIE is indeed A4 paper, however I have to admit I'm not sure where the original is - everyone seems very accommodating about accepting increasingly faint photocopies. So far.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:20 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I need to get residencia (dragging my heels at the thought of the Qs not to mention not being sure where to go....I know it's the Police, but wouldn't have a clue where). My NIE is indeed A4 paper, however I have to admit I'm not sure where the original is - everyone seems very accommodating about accepting increasingly faint photocopies. So far.
To get it you need passport and photocopy.
Here you need to make an appointment at the National Police Stn and pick up forms, fill out top part of form, (the same one as an NIE one) also fill out payment form and pay at bank the day before your appointment.
Turn up at appointment, give them the forms, they will give you back your PP and a pretty green sheet of A4 including an NIE number if you didn`t put one on your form.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikelincs
There have never been plastic NIE cards,...
Yes, there have. They were blue and were issued in the mid 1980s for a couple of years. I still have mine!
Old Nov 21st 2008, 6:09 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Get a gestoror or translator to help, they can usually smooth the path, and you often don't have to queue as they usually can make appointments.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 7:38 am
Just Joined

diverdan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your help.

dd