Reload this Page >

Nice one England

Nice one England

Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:41 am

Hoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nice one England

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
[/COLOR]

Now you beginning to talk some sense. You may get notification of this thread cos your post will have gone through the shite post scanner and come out smelling of roses
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:45 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hoyo
I am surprised at you guys prefering league - and i'm a northern working class monkey.

It is rubbish!!!
My OH has the highest grade of rugby league coaching you can get in the UK (only he lives in Spain now). When I met him he had just stopped playing and was coaching so Ive watched league for 20 years. Union just seems so bland at the side of a hard game like league.

Yesterday was a nightmare....we had footie, then rugby league, then rugby union
Old Oct 14th 2007, 7:46 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Good result for England and a really good turn around but really really ugly rugby, and an even better case for League being a better rule!
Not that silly game where they keep bending over and chucking balls through their legs.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 8:05 am

Hoyo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pam Sarky
My OH has the highest grade of rugby league coaching you can get in the UK (only he lives in Spain now). When I met him he had just stopped playing and was coaching so Ive watched league for 20 years. Union just seems so bland at the side of a hard game like league.

Yesterday was a nightmare....we had footie, then rugby league, then rugby union

Nah, give me union any day - league is for pretty boys! League is really boring. I can't get into it.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 9:43 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hoyo
Mate, that is rugby which get's results. Piss on the pretty boys throwing the ball around and looking flash.

Forward grunt.

Indomitable spirit.

Cast iron guts and balls.

And an iron chin.

Rugby warriors!!

I am so proud of the boys!

cos they is legends!
I wasn't making a statement just asking a question.

It was a good result, and quite unexpected on all counts so credit to them, but as a game of rugby it was atrocious..........but as you said, it got the game won, and if the Boks don't get turned over (and anything is possible) it is exactly the same way to play against them.

There is a win, then there is an ugly win, and I PERSONALLY prefer a running game, that's all.
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Having previously told our friend here that is staying with us that England were going to get a sound thrashing at the hands of French immensity ......... I am eating humble pie
Old Oct 14th 2007, 2:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Having previously told our friend here that is staying with us that England were going to get a sound thrashing at the hands of French immensity ......... I am eating humble pie
Welcome to my next 4 years mate!
Old Oct 14th 2007, 5:48 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

I wasn't making a statement just asking a question.

It was a good result, and quite unexpected on all counts so credit to them, but as a game of rugby it was atrocious..........but as you said, it got the game won, and if the Boks don't get turned over (and anything is possible) it is exactly the same way to play against them.

There is a win, then there is an ugly win, and I PERSONALLY prefer a running game, that's all.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one
Old Oct 14th 2007, 5:50 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by mikeoc
I'm glad I wasn't the only one
Problem is that if I say anything I get accused of being a sore loser.

Tonight's game should be a good one, and at least with either SA or the Pumas in there will be some decent rugby in the final.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:51 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

I'm now officially neutral, I just want to be entertained, that's not too much to ask, is it?
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:17 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by mikeoc
I'm now officially neutral, I just want to be entertained, that's not too much to ask, is it?
It would appear so, an ugly win is an ugly win as far as some teams are concerned.

as much as it pains me, to see Habana run the pitch and just keep accelerating was a marvel.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:26 pm
Dipsomaniac

I have just conducted a scientific experiment and hung out some washing, I then counted all the red, white and blue pegs to represent England's score, all the green and yellow SA, therefore the final score will be 24 - 23 to England. Unfortunately 24 is divisible by 3 so all England's points will come from kicks!!
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:33 pm
Straw Man.

The thing is that SA can score tries from anywhere, and they can play a tight game with very little visible exhaustion.

The only risk as far as I can see is if they have some of their stars taken out, because their replacements are not nearly as good as their rivals.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 2:39 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Problem is that if I say anything I get accused of being a sore loser.
You're a sore loser

The thing is that SA can score tries from anywhere, and they can play a tight game with very little visible exhaustion.
Listen, I already said England didn't stand a chance against the French, so I'm keeping my mouth shut on the subject