British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Nice one England (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/nice-one-england-487119/)

jdr Oct 13th 2007 8:55 pm

Nice one England

What a turn around :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

montgomail Oct 13th 2007 8:56 pm

Re: Nice one England

I am completely exhausted now.:)

Eve Oct 13th 2007 8:58 pm

http://bestsmileys.com/sports2/20.gif

Yes well done, not a rugby fan but watch most of second half, what a turn around, and good for England football too.
xxx

Bri and Katee Oct 13th 2007 8:59 pm

Not a pretty game to watch, but the tenacity of the English players won out in the end.

Bring on the final!!

crispy Oct 13th 2007 9:07 pm

What a result:thumbsup:

Hoyo Oct 13th 2007 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by crispygirl (Post 5421333)
What a result:thumbsup:

bulldog spirit!! Makes you proud :wub: Blood and guts.

mikeoc Oct 13th 2007 9:17 pm

But what a load of shite, my old school team could play better than both sides, nerves sure are playing a big part in this world cup

pwwm Oct 13th 2007 9:22 pm

Fantastic result, lets hope they can reprise it next week:D well done boys:D

andyrich666 Oct 13th 2007 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by mikeoc (Post 5421370)
But what a load of shite, my old school team could play better than both sides, nerves sure are playing a big part in this world cup

Edith Piaf, Nicolas Sarkozy, Michel Platini, Claude Monet, Napoleon Bonaparte, Luis Braille, The Eiffel Tower, Smelly Cheese, Dirty Wine, Renoir, Thomas Castangne, Sebastian Chabel, garlic bread, truffles, charles de gaulle, cantona, napoleon,those cave paintings, eiffel tower, joan of Arc, arsene Wenger, French fries, Pepe La Peu, nicole y papa, Arsenal football club, inspector clueso, Gerrard Houliier, antoines de caunes, jean paul gaultier, christophe lambert Frogs legs, escargot, pate de fois gras, pomme fritte, and those annoyingly small bottles of lager you get in their supermarches

You took one hell of a beating !!!!!!

No mas !!

sunnydee Oct 13th 2007 10:21 pm

I closed my eyes for the last 20 mins and they won. Woopee! The OH alwas says I botch it if I watch?!

rugbymatt Oct 14th 2007 12:02 am

Good result for England and a really good turn around but really really ugly rugby, and an even better case for League being a better rule!

leighbloke Oct 14th 2007 12:34 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5421854)
Good result for England and a really good turn around but really really ugly rugby, and an even better case for League being a better rule!

Just one more example of the North being superior.

andyrich666 Oct 14th 2007 12:48 am

Originally Posted by leighbloke (Post 5421922)
Just one more example of the North being superior.

Complete neutral here, who after reading an interesting debate on a Soccer forum this morning decided to watch both big games tonight and make my own decision.

Absolutely no question - League wins hands down - the 2nd game in France was a disgrace. One team gets the ball and wellies it down the other end - they catch it and then welly it back.... and then somebody kicks it in touch....and then they throw it back in and then lie on the ground hiding it...... and then when it pops back out welly it back in touch.

At least at Old Trafford the ball was in play for most of the game.

Sorry LB I'll stick to my F1 and Footy and the occasional Rugby League game. Union is shocking.

ps. Hope we win though next week. ;)

Hoyo Oct 14th 2007 7:15 am

Mate, that is rugby which get's results. Piss on the pretty boys throwing the ball around and looking flash.

Forward grunt.

Indomitable spirit.

Cast iron guts and balls.

And an iron chin.

Rugby warriors!!

I am so proud of the boys!:wub:

cos they is legends!

Pam Sarky Oct 14th 2007 7:32 am

Now you beginning to talk some sense. You may get notification of this thread cos your post will have gone through the shite post scanner and come out smelling of roses :lol: