nhs

Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

k8i_guapa1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face nhs

Hi everyone i'm new!
I'd lived in spain CDS for 5 years then popped back to UK to have a baby girl , now we're moving back again in sept and i was wondering to we have to go private for healthcare or can we join the NHS system if my partner works as self employed and would pay into the system, would my baby and I be allowed healthcare if it's just him working, and we're not married.. Any help would be very much appreciated! And what's the NHS system like for us expats anyway, and what services does it include ..sorry lots of questions! xx
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nhs

Hi and welcome, our daughter went back to the UK to have our Granddaughter last year, now her husband is working paying social etc., they have been back here quite a few months, and it has been a long process to register with a doctor, they had to register our Granddaughter at our local town hall before they could register with the clinic, lots and lots of paper work, everything has to have photo copies in triplicate, but well worth it.

Our son is not married, but as he was legal and paying social, he was down as the "breadwinner" and his fiance and our Grandson received free medical care under him.

Good Luck
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mrsjdr
Hi and welcome, our daughter went back to the UK to have our Granddaughter last year, now her husband is working paying social etc., they have been back here quite a few months, and it has been a long process to register with a doctor, they had to register our Granddaughter at our local town hall before they could register with the clinic, lots and lots of paper work, everything has to have photo copies in triplicate, but well worth it.

Our son is not married, but as he was legal and paying social, he was down as the "breadwinner" and his fiance and our Grandson received free medical care under him.

Good Luck
That's interesting because we have been assuming that my children will be covered because I have a job but not my partner. So does this mean with a lot of paperwork he can be covered by me until he gets sorted out?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute

Not 100% sure, I would go and see, I just know that our Grandson and our sons fiance were covered by our son, but, I will add our Grandson was born out here, so do not know if that may have made a difference.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 4:41 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydee
That's interesting because we have been assuming that my children will be covered because I have a job but not my partner. So does this mean with a lot of paperwork he can be covered by me until he gets sorted out?
I'm covered under my husband's social payments. Prior to that he was covered by my E106 when we first arrived.

JJ
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jjh
I'm covered under my husband's social payments. Prior to that he was covered by my E106 when we first arrived.

JJ
I think there is a time frame of when you become covered again or if you can prove you are going to settle. There was a thread about it a few months ago but I can't find it.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:47 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SoJohn
I think there is a time frame of when you become covered again or if you can prove you are going to settle. There was a thread about it a few months ago but I can't find it.
Sorry SoJohn, I don't understand. Can you please explain what you mean.

JJ
Old Jul 11th 2007, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Well I believe your partner is covered as soon as he starts paying National Insurance. You may have to wait a set amount of weeks ( not sure how long). I believe you can get cover faster if you can prove you intent to settle. Like a tenants agreement for 6 months or so.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 7:53 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SoJohn
Well I believe your partner is covered as soon as he starts paying National Insurance. You may have to wait a set amount of weeks ( not sure how long). I believe you can get cover faster if you can prove you intent to settle. Like a tenants agreement for 6 months or so.
Yes, you're probably right. He paid social security in 1976 for about 2 years and then in 1987 for a year and, more recently since we settled here permanetely 3 years ago, for at least 2 of those years. So, therefore, his contributions have accumulated. Goodness me this is so complicated.

Thanks for that.

JJ
Old Jul 12th 2007, 11:17 am
Account Closed

saz2312 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by k8i_guapa1
Hi everyone i'm new!
I'd lived in spain CDS for 5 years then popped back to UK to have a baby girl , now we're moving back again in sept and i was wondering to we have to go private for healthcare or can we join the NHS system if my partner works as self employed and would pay into the system, would my baby and I be allowed healthcare if it's just him working, and we're not married.. Any help would be very much appreciated! And what's the NHS system like for us expats anyway, and what services does it include ..sorry lots of questions! xx
HI

To be honest me & my partner pay privately, we are both 34 and self employed and although we are both covered for free healthcare it is sometimes hard to find an english speaking doctor. Even though we speak some spanish the medical terms are hard to learn, LOL.
We only pay 36 euros per month each and it includes dental as well.

We live in Albir so we can go to the private Levante hospital in Benidorm where they even have a brain surgeon, LOL.
We are also covered for eyes and a lot more.

You have to pay for 6 months before you can just go for a normal appointment, but it's not long to wait. You are still covered for emergencies during the 6 months just not normal appointments, like if you have a cold and want to see the doctor or a check up at the dentist etc. But covered for all emrgencies, even dental.

Message me if you need the spanish company as they are all over spain, we alos got our life insurance through them as this can be very expensive but we got a great deal.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Explain to me how you are self employed and only paying 36 euros a month? Self employed nhs contributions are around 250 euros a month and I have not found a way round not paying them so would be very interested to know how you have please.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 6:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helen17
Explain to me how you are self employed and only paying 36 euros a month? Self employed nhs contributions are around 250 euros a month and I have not found a way round not paying them so would be very interested to know how you have please.
They pay both, in the first paragraph.
Old Jul 12th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

helen17 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks jdr - it isnt clear they pay both and now it is!
Old Jul 12th 2007, 8:42 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there, how do you people go back to the UK to have babies/medical treatment? As Spanish residents we can't access the British NHS other than for emergencies. Do you pay privatelY?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 4:56 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scampicat
Hi there, how do you people go back to the UK to have babies/medical treatment? As Spanish residents we can't access the British NHS other than for emergencies. Do you pay privatelY?
It's possible they haven't informed Newcastle that they don't live in the UK any more. I know people in this area who go back to the UK for ongoing medical treatment and haven't lived there for years. When we accessed healthcare in Spain, via the E106, we had to de-register with our UK GP.

JJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.