Next?

Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:17 am
  #76  
Banned
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Living in a good place
Posts: 8,824
jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Whatever happened in the past, fair or not it, is a new generation and they are there to stay. When Israel conceded land back to Palestine what happened...the teacloth wearing despot who had siphoned billions into swiss bank accounts, turned fertile land back to desert and used it for a convenient site to lob rockets into Israel. There is a lot in the UK newspapers when Israel takes out a few militants in a car but they don't bother to report that it was a retaliation for another missile that was fired by Hamas.
jackytoo is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 5:59 am
  #77  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Whatever happened in the past, fair or not it, is a new generation and they are there to stay. When Israel conceded land back to Palestine what happened...the teacloth wearing despot who had siphoned billions into swiss bank accounts, turned fertile land back to desert and used it for a convenient site to lob rockets into Israel. There is a lot in the UK newspapers when Israel takes out a few militants in a car but they don't bother to report that it was a retaliation for another missile that was fired by Hamas.
Jacky, Hamas are shits, but they got into power because Israel would never deal with the more moderate Pals.

In a fight, IMO, who throws the first punch carries the blame. The Israelis started it, and when the Pals retaliated, they simply kept upping the game.
bil is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:11 am
  #78  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,828
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by bil
If you react, you give them power.
If you do not react you give them confidence to up the ante and that is the present problem and if it carries on with one section of society having a slapped wrist while another take the brunt then extreme right wing policies will be voted for. It always happens when a majority feel put down. I do believe or at loeast hope that this government has the balls to do something about the disaster that Labour called integration and repairs at least some of the damage.

Graham
Rosemary is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:15 am
  #79  
MODERATOR
 
Rosemary's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Costa Valencia
Posts: 14,828
Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

We fought the Germans to stop them invading our country, Israel was created using the same principles, taking over palestinian land by force.

Graham
Rosemary is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:17 am
  #80  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
We fought the Germans to stop them invading our country, Israel was created using the same principles, taking over palestinian land by force.

Graham
Yeah. I always wonder, when they finally clear the 'promised land' of all the palestinians, will they ship them out in cattle trucks, or will the irony simply be too much?
bil is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 6:20 am
  #81  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by The Oddities
If you do not react you give them confidence to up the ante and that is the present problem and if it carries on with one section of society having a slapped wrist while another take the brunt then extreme right wing policies will be voted for. It always happens when a majority feel put down. I do believe or at loeast hope that this government has the balls to do something about the disaster that Labour called integration and repairs at least some of the damage.

Graham
There's reaction and reaction. There needs to be something done, but what is done will need to be thought out carefully, and not the ridiculous kneejerk politics that is the usual response.

Ideally, you want to shame them.

Integration isn't a bad thing. Without it, you get ghettos and the ghetto mentality that breeds fundamentalism.
bil is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 7:23 am
  #82  
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,590
anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

I notice that Syria has said it will tow the line now that the Libya problem is over for Nato and American troops are coming out of Iraq, I think they are thinking the same thing too, "who's next"? now they're not too busy.
anonimouse is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:13 am
  #83  
Not Banned (yet)
 
steviedeluxe's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Madrid
Posts: 6,400
steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by anonimouse
I notice that Syria has said it will tow the line now that the Libya problem is over for Nato and American troops are coming out of Iraq, I think they are thinking the same thing too, "who's next"? now they're not too busy.
Eventually the US may* succeed in pacifying the Middle East and getting rid of any "Axis of Evil" nations. Just in time for China to benefit as it becomes the no.1 super-power...

* I think they may bite off more than they can chew with Iran though.
steviedeluxe is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:20 am
  #84  
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: In the middle of 10million Olive Trees
Posts: 12,053
Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by bil
There's reaction and reaction. There needs to be something done, but what is done will need to be thought out carefully, and not the ridiculous kneejerk politics that is the usual response.

Ideally, you want to shame them.

Integration isn't a bad thing. Without it, you get ghettos and the ghetto mentality that breeds fundamentalism.
in my part of the uk that is what we have, ghettos breeding the ghetto mentality, further breeding fundamentalism, and a swagger in the walk along with a very cavalier attitude to females walking the street and riding on buses.
in a couple of places the police and local authorities are trying to say the grooming of under and barely over age females for sex isnt religion related.

I worked with a guy who's parents arranged a marriage for him and a girl "back home". Within 6months he was back seeing the 2 English girls he had before the wedding.

In most instance it isnt possible to shame them, their imams sit there wringing their hand muttering its all wrong but don't do anything.

Integration is not what they are about, it is a diluting of races akin to the conquests of Rome and Norse invaders.
there may well be a knee jerk reaction, but it may not be political.
Domino is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:22 am
  #85  
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Alicante province
Posts: 5,753
HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

I think, sadly, if Rupert Murdoch, in his dying throes, wanted western intervention in either Syria or Iran, he could achieve it.

I watched Sky News today, I'm not going to admit which newspapers I read, but some of it must have sunk in because it has influenced my supposedly liberal thinking.

And you can't hide from the news, you need to know whether cruise missiles are heading your way, or whether your bank has gone skint, or whether an earthquake is imminent.

I live in an earthquake zone, but we have a plan. We're going to lie on the ground, away from the house and swimming pool, two humans and two dogs tied loosely together, to give as a chance of survival.

We also have a plan B, it involves going up the nearest pub and getting so wasted we won't feel any pain.
HBG is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:41 am
  #86  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by HBG
I think, sadly, if Rupert Murdoch, in his dying throes, wanted western intervention in either Syria or Iran, he could achieve it.

I watched Sky News today, I'm not going to admit which newspapers I read, but some of it must have sunk in because it has influenced my supposedly liberal thinking.

And you can't hide from the news, you need to know whether cruise missiles are heading your way, or whether your bank has gone skint, or whether an earthquake is imminent.

I live in an earthquake zone, but we have a plan. We're going to lie on the ground, away from the house and swimming pool, two humans and two dogs tied loosely together, to give as a chance of survival.

We also have a plan B, it involves going up the nearest pub and getting so wasted we won't feel any pain.
Plan B works for me.
bil is offline  
Old Nov 4th 2011, 8:42 am
  #87  
bil
Banned
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Vejer de la Fra., Cadiz
Posts: 7,653
bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Next?

Originally Posted by Domino
in my part of the uk that is what we have, ghettos breeding the ghetto mentality, further breeding fundamentalism, and a swagger in the walk along with a very cavalier attitude to females walking the street and riding on buses.
in a couple of places the police and local authorities are trying to say the grooming of under and barely over age females for sex isnt religion related.

I worked with a guy who's parents arranged a marriage for him and a girl "back home". Within 6months he was back seeing the 2 English girls he had before the wedding.

In most instance it isnt possible to shame them, their imams sit there wringing their hand muttering its all wrong but don't do anything.

Integration is not what they are about, it is a diluting of races akin to the conquests of Rome and Norse invaders.
there may well be a knee jerk reaction, but it may not be political.
Diluting of races? Oh please, racial purity is a nasty way for some people to look down on others. The English are the most mongrel race on the planet. It's one of our greatest strengths.

Hybrid vigour and all that.
bil is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.