Reload this Page >

Newbie - The Plan

Newbie - The Plan

Old Mar 26th 2007, 12:03 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Newbie - The Plan

Originally Posted by turtlez
Hello Everyone.
The Wife and I are planning to sell our UK property and move to Spain in Oct/Nov this year.
We are looking to rent for six months whilst searching for a suitable and affordable re-sale in the Oliva/Pego area (having a weeks holiday in Denia in May to look at this area and others)
Hopefully, we will be able to survive and make ends meet on our modest Company Pensions/Savings and possibly, if necessary, find part-time income when we have learnt more Spanish. Our Daughter will be joining us in 2008 which means we will have no Family in the UK.
Although I have browsed this and other Forums for a some time, I still have many concerns and anxieties (eg. should we delay the move till we are closer to Retirement age (I am 56 and the Wife is 53), should we have more financial security, will we find the right property - the list goes on !!
Any advice and guidance from members of the Forum will be most appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Turtlez

Welcome and I hope peeps here can help you, OH and I are in your age brackettish, we both took early retirement OH has another 4 year and I 9 until we get state pensions so we live on our private pensions and a little bit from investments. We have a very comfortable life style for about 1000 euros a month, yes it can be tight some months but then we just cut our coat to fit the cloth, We could never have been able to have taken early retirement if we stayed in th UK, or course it has helped that we were able to buy our house cash as we sold up in England as we thought we would never think of this as home if we still had a house there.

Wish you every success in your search keep us informed.

crispy
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Originally Posted by big wheels
Here's what we did. Being only slightly younger than your good selves, and having paid off our mortgage. We took financial advice and re- mortgaged our UK house on an interest only basis and used the cash raised to buy our Spanish property.
Therefore no "bridges" were burnt.
We have until 2016 before we have to re-pay the re-mortgage amount.
By this time we should have decided whether we wish to stay in Spain, or return to the UK.
In the meantime both properties should hopefully have increased in value, and it will just be a case of deciding which one to sell.
Sounds ideal but I think we would struggle with the Mortgage repayments and I don't fancy trying to rent my UK property.
Old May 9th 2007, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

turtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really niceturtlez is just really nice

Just an update - to avoid having to go to the expense of paying for a Home Sellers Pack we put our house up for sale 2 weeks ago, amazingly, after two viewings, we received an offer of the full asking price ! Obviously, we accepted the offer and now find ourselves having to bring forward our Spanish Move (hooray!)

Will keep you posted
Old May 9th 2007, 7:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update - to avoid having to go to the expense of paying for a Home Sellers Pack we put our house up for sale 2 weeks ago, amazingly, after two viewings, we received an offer of the full asking price ! Obviously, we accepted the offer and now find ourselves having to bring forward our Spanish Move (hooray!)

Will keep you posted
Fantastic news.

Good Luck

Rosemary
Old May 9th 2007, 7:17 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Will keep you posted
Good news but i have been there and its not done til its done , i have had 2 sales first one pulled out this one now cant sell theres and its driving me mad stuck in limbo land as we say..

Hope you have less hassles anyways , and good luck
Old May 9th 2007, 8:40 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Will keep you posted

Great news, lets hope there is no hitch's and it all goes to plan.