Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Newbie-help with hairdressers

Newbie-help with hairdressers

Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie-help with hairdressers

Well i am a lovely brunette and i take after my mother and hold on to my colour and am holding back on the grey, but on my mothers side they had (i think you call it) silver grey which was a lovely shade so hopefully i too will eventually.

But for now i just need it cut.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:26 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Ah thank you all so far that have replied.

Sorry for waking you all up on a Sunday morning, tend to loose track out here on what day of the week it is.

I am not too complicated on what cut, just a trim and i have a photo to show as well.

I don't think i would feel comfortable with a hairdresser that speaks all Spanish, i would like to be able to explain a little bit what cut i would like.

Get over to Alhaurin El Grande then!! Its 90% english and there are several haidressers over that way. In fact theres a "british" newsagents there that may have an advertising board there and you could find a mobile hairdresser who'd come to you???

Jo xxx
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:30 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ausi dream
Ah thank you all so far that have replied.

Sorry for waking you all up on a Sunday morning, tend to loose track out here on what day of the week it is.

I am not too complicated on what cut, just a trim and i have a photo to show as well.

I don't think i would feel comfortable with a hairdresser that speaks all Spanish, i would like to be able to explain a little bit what cut i would like.
My wife goes to a totally Spanish speaking hairdresser and she loves it. Says they cut it far better than any Brit she has ever used in the UK or Spain. OK, she does speak a little Spanish but the whole thing is a fun experience. She took a photo in the first time she went, and now they seem to remember exactly what she wants
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
Get over to Alhaurin El Grande then!! Its 90% english and there are several haidressers over that way. In fact theres a "british" newsagents there that may have an advertising board there and you could find a mobile hairdresser who'd come to you???

Jo xxx
Its OK, i have a car and can travel if needed too.

Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
My wife goes to a totally Spanish speaking hairdresser and she loves it. Says they cut it far better than any Brit she has ever used in the UK or Spain. OK, she does speak a little Spanish but the whole thing is a fun experience. She took a photo in the first time she went, and now they seem to remember exactly what she wants
I am sure they do, i have nothing against a Spanish person cutting my hair.

It was just that this was the very first time having my hair cut over here and i think it is about not having the confidence to go into a full Spanish hairdressers until i can speak a few words of the language to be able to tell them how i would like my hair cut.

Thank you for your help
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Haircuts are overrated.
Old Sep 14th 2009, 9:20 am
Just Joined

martyf1 will become famous soon enoughmartyf1 will become famous soon enough

The hairdresser mentioned in the first post, "The English Cut" is in Calahonda , in the grounds of the Lidl shops, it certainly looks the part and are all English staff, but the downside is if you are getting a cut in an English hairdressers, you will pay English prices, the Spanish hairdressers are probably half the price and give you a chance to practice your Spanish! Google Lidl in Calahonda and they are beside it.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:18 am
Just Joined

Trustyjax will become famous soon enoughTrustyjax will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Newbie-help with hairdressers

Hi, just read your thread on english hairdressers. My friend is a mobile hairdresser and is building up her client base . She lives in Coin not far from Alhaurin el Grande and travels to clients.

If you would like to give her a ring the number is 666135185

Oh' nearly forgot, her name is Nicky

Jax
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:38 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyf1
The hairdresser mentioned in the first post, "The English Cut" is in Calahonda , in the grounds of the Lidl shops, it certainly looks the part and are all English staff, but the downside is if you are getting a cut in an English hairdressers, you will pay English prices, the Spanish hairdressers are probably half the price and give you a chance to practice your Spanish! Google Lidl in Calahonda and they are beside it.
I used to go to The English cut. They are really good and a nice couple. Expensive though. Spanish hairdressers are mainly out of date with styles. A friends swears by her spanish one but she has an 80's hairstyle.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trustyjax
Hi, just read your thread on english hairdressers. My friend is a mobile hairdresser and is building up her client base . She lives in Coin not far from Alhaurin el Grande and travels to clients.

If you would like to give her a ring the number is 666135185

Oh' nearly forgot, her name is Nicky

Jax
Doe she really want you to post her number on an open forum ?
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Trustyjax will become famous soon enoughTrustyjax will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Trustyjax

Jax

If you would like to contact her then e-mail me and I'll forward her number.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

l
Old Sep 15th 2009, 12:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I used to go to The English cut. They are really good and a nice couple. Expensive though. Spanish hairdressers are mainly out of date with styles. A friends swears by her spanish one but she has an 80's hairstyle.
right, any old excuse for some good old Spain abuse

And as usual, the opinion is bigoted and simply wrong
Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:16 pm
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Hairdressing is about knowing how to cut hair, not what style is in fashion, otherwise hairdressers would have to go back to college every five minutes. My little spanish lady is really good and can copy any style from a photo. She does a great job on mine and all for 5€ inc coffee!

Jo xxx

Last edited by jojojojojojojojojojojojo; Sep 15th 2009 at 1:18 pm.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:37 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, everywhere you go you dont see anything but Kevin Keegan perms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.