Old Sep 24th 2012, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Style_Commander is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Newbie

Hola! Right I'm a newbie to living here, can anyone give me any advice on where I'm best off applying for a job?
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:26 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newbie

Spain's eqvt of the job centre
Centro de Empleo if i have it correct, but then in this helpful forum some one will soon come along and correct me.
A quick Google will put you on the right lines
once registered at your local office you will find that they have installed what looks like a gaming machine to allow local sign in in the villages etc, as well as access to advertised jobs etc.

If in Andalucia then there is an organisation called CADE that may also be able to help you, financed by the local governemtn

hth
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Style_Commander
Hola! Right I'm a newbie to living here, can anyone give me any advice on where I'm best off applying for a job?
I guess you live in Torremuelle rather than Toromuelle, make sure you get that right on the application form

Based on this mistake I guess you dont speak Spanish. So your opportunities are very limited. Maybe look in the job ads in the English speaking papers and work the British bars to see if anyone needs some casual labour
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
I guess you live in Torremuelle rather than Toromuelle, make sure you get that right on the application form

Based on this mistake I guess you dont speak Spanish. So your opportunities are very limited. Maybe look in the job ads in the English speaking papers and work the British bars to see if anyone needs some casual labour
Im picking Spanish up pretty rapidly, unfortunately, my spelling is terrible and I have literally only lived here a couple of weeks so am still picking up spellings etc. I am a qualified hairdresser with a master colour qualification, so there is demand for my work, its more the going about registering etc I'm struggling with.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Im picking Spanish up pretty rapidly, unfortunately, my spelling is terrible and I have literally only lived here a couple of weeks so am still picking up spellings etc. I am a qualified hairdresser with a master colour qualification, so there is demand for my work, its more the going about registering etc I'm struggling with.
There are plenty of British hairdressers around there. Best bet would be to go and see them
Old Sep 24th 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by cricketman
There are plenty of British hairdressers around there. Best bet would be to go and see them
Cheers for that
Old Sep 24th 2012, 3:04 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

we have at least 8 if not 10 peluquería here in the village of 5,000, some are in people's front rooms others are all stainless steel shops. They all seem to have a waiting list, perhaps because there is a continual demand as for the two undertakers.

good luck
Old Sep 24th 2012, 3:52 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think you can register at the 'jobcentre' unless you are registered as resident

& you can't register as resident without proof of income - seems you might be in a bit of a catch 22
Old Sep 24th 2012, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I don't think you can register at the 'jobcentre' unless you are registered as resident

& you can't register as resident without proof of income - seems you might be in a bit of a catch 22
What im going to do is interview etc and tell them the crack, at least if I'm honest, everything is above board. I'll hopefully then be able to secure a job and say that I have an income. Or is it not quite so simple?
Old Sep 24th 2012, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What im going to do is interview etc and tell them the crack, at least if I'm honest, everything is above board. I'll hopefully then be able to secure a job and say that I have an income. Or is it not quite so simple?
The problem is you will be very very lucky to be oferred a job contract as a hairdresser. More likely they will offer to rent you a chair, so you will have to sign on as self-employed which costs 260 euros per month in social security payments

But you cannot sign on as self-employed unless you are resident, and you cannot be resident without proof of income, so I have no idea how you will be able to do it legally. You may need to hire a gestor, especially as you will need to speak fluent Spanish to do any of this anyway

You must be paying your living expenses at the moment somehow, either from your partner working or savings etc, so maybe that will count for something
Old Sep 24th 2012, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

my partner supports us both, so thats a god send, also I have a monthly allowance from my savings to cover the essentials like rent etc.
Old Sep 24th 2012, 6:08 pm
Just Joined

also, I am looking for courses to learn Spanish. No point in being here when I refuse to learn the loacal language
Old Sep 24th 2012, 8:43 pm

whatever you do don't get your rojo mixed up with your rioja

that shows how long I have been here, I'm making jokes
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Domino
whatever you do don't get your rojo mixed up with your rioja

that shows how long I have been here, I'm making jokes
I could never do that, that would be absolute sacrilege!
Old Sep 25th 2012, 7:16 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.