Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

new "proof of residency" documents for flying back to spain

new "proof of residency" documents for flying back to spain

Old Feb 18th 2021, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default new "proof of residency" documents for flying back to spain

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...residency.html

The list of acceptable documents, which have reportedly been communicated to airlines and other operators, is as follows:
  • Residence card issued under Article 18.4 of the Withdrawal Agreement (the TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero)
  • Temporary or permanent EU residence certificate (Certificado de Registro de Ciudadanos de la Unión)
  • Receipt of application for the TIE (Resguardo de presentación de la solicitud de la tarjeta de residencia)
  • Confirmation of the positive outcome of your residence application (Resolución favorable por la que se concede la tarjeta de residencia)
  • In the absence of any of the above documents, other documents that credibly evidence your legal residence in Spain before January 1, 2021, such as a padrón certificate (issued by your town hall), a work contract, a rental contract, or proof of property purchase
  • In the case of students, documentation that demonstrates enrolment in an on-site or in-person course and proof of accommodation
In addition, travelers must show a valid passport and comply with the other documentation requirements, such as a negative COVID test within 72 hours of arrival.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:33 pm
Forum Regular

Lospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond reputeLospacoshombre has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new "proof of residency" documents for flying back to spain

Hi
I too have read the same update, and I have been waiting for comments from you esteemed Spain experts.

I am not tax resident in Spain, (uk tax resident) and I have owned a place there for years! Obviously I have the escritura.

i have been waiting for everything to calm down so I can return, So I read the update and my hopes were raised.

it seems unlikely to me that I would be able to return to Spain with just a pcr, a copy of my escritura, and my passport, what do you guys think?

regards
al
Old Feb 18th 2021, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lospacoshombre
Hi
I too have read the same update, and I have been waiting for comments from you esteemed Spain experts.

I am not tax resident in Spain, (uk tax resident) and I have owned a place there for years! Obviously I have the escritura.

i have been waiting for everything to calm down so I can return, So I read the update and my hopes were raised.

it seems unlikely to me that I would be able to return to Spain with just a pcr, a copy of my escritura, and my passport, what do you guys think?

regards
al
At present only residents can enter Spain
Old Feb 18th 2021, 5:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is non of the documents in the highlighted section of original post actually prove in anyway residency? This to me just leads to confusion and no doubt disappointment when spanish authorities send people back to where they came. It is quite simple to enter Spain at the moment you have to be a resident returning to your home.
Old Feb 18th 2021, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

The British embassy have been guilty of punting out misleading if downright false info and I have no reason to expect this latest publication to be any different particularly in regard to property deeds which are proof of nothing more than you had a bit of spare dosh and used it to buy a property.

On the Spanish site it says that only the green residencia and the TIE are valid for travel

Requisitos de entrada en España

I know which I'm more inclined to believe.

Old Feb 19th 2021, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_n...residency.html

Also this from UK Embassy Madrid.-
Some of you have had questions about the updated travel advice between the UK and Spain. We would like to be clear that the guidance on acceptable documentation to re-enter Spain is for those residents who were legally living in Spain before 1 January 2021.
Visitors including second home owners are not currently permitted to enter Spain. Additionally, if you are resident in the UK, travelling away from your home is not permitted under the current national lockdown restrictions.
To read the full guidance and sign up to alerts please see: https://www.gov.uk/foreign.../spain/entry-requirements

Last edited by spainrico; Feb 19th 2021 at 7:34 am.
Old Feb 19th 2021, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond reputeNand has a reputation beyond repute

What a cockup. I really pity those with a second home in Spain right now. I have heard about people being told they can't board, worse that they can't get out of customs once in Spain and have to return! 😥 💛
Old Feb 19th 2021, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tumbleweedly
What a cockup. I really pity those with a second home in Spain right now. I have heard about people being told they can't board, worse that they can't get out of customs once in Spain and have to return! 😥 💛
I have heard lots of people saying that people were not being permitted to leave customs on arrival but is that true or just one of those rumours? After all, how do you return,? You would need to buy a new ticket and then what? Wait overnight? Many airports are closed down at night. How do get a new ticket without leaving customs? Normally this happens with illegals but they are essentially detained etc. I'm pretty sure a British family hasn't been locked up. That would definitely be in The Sun!!!
Old Feb 20th 2021, 1:26 pm
Just Joined

n77af is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting, I received the approval letter quite some time ago but have not been able to get an appointment for the TIE (Estepona). I’m wondering if this means I might be able to travel back to the UK for a few weeks? It’s been a year now since I’ve left the house or seen my family. Certainly tempting...
Old Feb 20th 2021, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n77af
Interesting, I received the approval letter quite some time ago but have not been able to get an appointment for the TIE (Estepona). I’m wondering if this means I might be able to travel back to the UK for a few weeks? It’s been a year now since I’ve left the house or seen my family. Certainly tempting...
You are only meant to be flying if its deemed essential plus you can't visit anyone and stay in UK unless you actually are part of household
Old Feb 20th 2021, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

Thankfully, I can always justify a trip to the UK as Business Travel, and surely I would be allowed to isolate at my parent’s home for 10 days?

Although I would wait until their age bracket is eligible for the vaccine over there, it is reassuring to have the option of going and being able to return now at least. Particularly as no one knows when I’ll be able to get the TIE appointment.
Old Feb 20th 2021, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

The diario sur/sur in english(no paywall) picked up the story,
Spain agrees to relax proof needed for residents returning home from the UK . surinenglish.com

And the uk.gov site is now saying its true.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...y-requirements

So the problem is not that people cant come in.. They are not allowed to leave the uk?
Old Feb 20th 2021, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

jogger is on a distinguished road

If you have the paperwork to show you've had a positive resolution for your TIE then Spain are now allowing you back as in my wife's case she needs to get over to pick up her TIE card, she is now able to do that.
Old Feb 21st 2021, 6:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jogger
If you have the paperwork to show you've had a positive resolution for your TIE then Spain are now allowing you back as in my wife's case she needs to get over to pick up her TIE card, she is now able to do that.
But you aren't allowed to leave UK at the moment!!
Old Feb 21st 2021, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Surely his wife returning to her country of residence qualifies as essential travel? It would here in Spain and from everything I’ve heard from friends and family back home we’ve had a much stricter lockdown than they have in the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.