Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New to Marbella - looking to make friends :-)

New to Marbella - looking to make friends :-)

Old Apr 8th 2013, 10:40 pm
Just Joined

antonywolfson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New to Marbella - looking to make friends :-)

antonywolfson
Just Joined

Hi, my wife and I are moving to Marbella next week - we are looking to make friends. We will be living in Estepona. I work as a professional entertainer - performing Rock & Roll and my wife helps small and medium sized businesses with everything from PA skills to managing and business process. We are looking forward to our new life in the sun and want to make new friends :-) we are living in Estepona and want to meet new people, do some work and have fun. Best Antony & Karen
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:17 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to Marbella - looking to make friends :-)

Er...Estepona is Estepona, Marbella is a different place
Old Apr 9th 2013, 10:14 am
Just Joined

antonywolfson is an unknown quantity at this point

I mean Estepona near Marbella thanks ;-)
Old Apr 10th 2013, 1:17 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New to Marbella - looking to make friends :-)

Originally Posted by antonywolfson
antonywolfson
Just Joined

Hi, my wife and I are moving to Marbella next week - we are looking to make friends. We will be living in Estepona. I work as a professional entertainer - performing Rock & Roll and my wife helps small and medium sized businesses with everything from PA skills to managing and business process. We are looking forward to our new life in the sun and want to make new friends :-) we are living in Estepona and want to meet new people, do some work and have fun. Best Antony & Karen
Estepona is a long way from Marbella!

Good luck as there are many musos who have come and gone. One of our best friends on the coast Chas Burnett is now going to work on a cruise as there is no work on the coast anymore. I used to play guitar regularly every week in restaurants and last year did not get asked once!!
Noone has any money so I hope you have plenty of savings..

All the best anyway..I live in Monda but if you are up there please let me know.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 11:09 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
Estepona is a long way from Marbella!.
Half an hour drive is hardly a long way.
Old Apr 10th 2013, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: New to Marbella - looking to make friends :-)

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Half an hour drive is hardly a long way.
You tried it in the summer??
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

ShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really niceShinyAndy is just really nice

It's probably even less than 30 minutes with the San Pedro underpass.

Anyway to the OP, the best way to meet people down here is via the various business networking groups. You can forge some great friendships and possibly get some work too. If you're selective and take advantage of invitations then you can get away without having to join any as well. Bear in mine that most of them tend to take place around Marbella/Mijas though so you will need to get used to driving!