New Magazine

Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Magazine

there is also a magazine called ' la vistitante'. It is in both english and spanish and pretty much covers what you have talked about.....how ever it is pertinent to the cadiz area as well......so another good poaching trap.

keep us posted on how you do

love

mary x x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newinspain
The Huelva province - from Ayamonte to Huelva.

It will be aimed at both residents and visitors as I think that people living here want to find out about the area they live in too.
I am also printing the stories/ articles in Spanish.

The idea about the crossword is fab, I will definitely be having a puzzle page.

Thank you for the input, maybe you could be my first interview? Do you live in Spain?
Hi Newinspain,

Do you not realise this has all been done at least twice before for the Huelva Province. The first paper "THE GUARDIANA" was a cracking paper with real bite that was going somewhere with lots of advertising that was useful and articles for every taste and lots of revelations that rang true in the light of the Malay scandal.

What happened? The Editor was "seen to" down a dark ally in Sevilla and has been off the radar since. I thought Spain is supposed to be a constitutional democracy with a free press.

This has been replaced by "The Oracle" which is lightweight by comparison and could come from the Euro Weekly school of journalism.

Glossy mags cost a fortune to produce and require the kind of advertising that the small communities around Halva could not support.

I wish you luck but stay out of the darker parts of Sevilla and you might just succeed.

Regards,

John.

</IMG>
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

newinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by maryann
there is also a magazine called ' la vistitante'. It is in both english and spanish and pretty much covers what you have talked about.....how ever it is pertinent to the cadiz area as well......so another good poaching trap.

keep us posted on how you do

love

mary x x
Thank you Mary

I am just trying to get ideas from people about what they would like to read about. i have many ideas that I hope people will enjoy once the magazine is up and running.

I will keep you posted
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

newinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nicenewinspain is just really nice

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Newinspain,

Do you not realise this has all been done at least twice before for the Huelva Province. The first paper "THE GUARDIANA" was a cracking paper with real bite that was going somewhere with lots of advertising that was useful and articles for every taste and lots of revelations that rang true in the light of the Malay scandal.

What happened? The Editor was "seen to" down a dark ally in Sevilla and has been off the radar since. I thought Spain is supposed to be a constitutional democracy with a free press.

This has been replaced by "The Oracle" which is lightweight by comparison and could come from the Euro Weekly school of journalism.

Glossy mags cost a fortune to produce and require the kind of advertising that the small communities around Halva could not support.

I wish you luck but stay out of the darker parts of Sevilla and you might just succeed.

Regards,

John.

</IMG>
Thank you for the comment,

I have read The Guadiana and The Oracle and will not be producing anything along those lines.

It was unfortunate for the said Editor but I am sure that will not happen to me - your not a personal friend of his by any chance?

All I am trying to do is get an idea of what people would like to read about so the magazine is successful in informing its readers.

I have tried doing this before but did not have much response.

thanks again
Old Jan 9th 2007, 9:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newinspain
Thank you for the comment,

I have read The Guadiana and The Oracle and will not be producing anything along those lines.

It was unfortunate for the said Editor but I am sure that will not happen to me - your not a personal friend of his by any chance?

Never met the guy wouldn't know him if I fell over him

All I am trying to do is get an idea of what people would like to read about so the magazine is successful in informing its readers.

Something along the lines of the Guardiana would suit me just fine. If it was a glossy mag I could live with that but editorial content matters most.

I have tried doing this before but did not have much response.

Perhaps because we have seen it before and miss the original.

thanks again
Regards,

John.
Old Jan 11th 2007, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

Actually the chap who started the Guardiana managed to screw it up all by himself....a fondness for the demon drink and self-agrandissment saw him back in the gutter!