Reload this Page >

New Kitchen, Cieza.

New Kitchen, Cieza.

Old Jun 24th 2005, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

Mark Leon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Hi Dave and Vicky,

My wife and I bought a 200 year old house near Elche de la Sierra (not to be confused with Elche next to Alicante). I had a look round for kitchens, flat pack and carpenter built stuff, but there were no flat pack and wood is expensive in Spain so carpenter built kitchens were too expensive.

In the end I had a courier (part load) send out a kitchen which i bought in Ikea in Thurrock, England. The kitchen was just right because it is a rustic old looking pine one which i have added black cast iron handles and black studs to give that Spanish farmhouse rustic look.

Tiles and sink and other bits and pieces I bought in Spain as tiles and ceramics are second to none locally and cheaper. The kitchen which i fitted cost about £1000 thats with the price of courier included.

Originally I had looked in www.Ikea.es but they didn't have anything we liked but would you believe 1 year later our kitchen (Fagerland Pine) is now being sold in Spain's Ikea stores! oh well least its done!
See ya Mark

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi,
We have just purchased a house in Cieza (Murcia Region). We would like to know where we could buy a new kitchen at a reasonable price. We also require furniture ie: beds, bedroom furniture and living room furniture which needs to be Rustic. We have had a little look around the area and have found the furniture to be very expensive.
Regards,
Dave & Vicky
Old Jun 28th 2005, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mark Leon
Hi Dave and Vicky,

My wife and I bought a 200 year old house near Elche de la Sierra (not to be confused with Elche next to Alicante). I had a look round for kitchens, flat pack and carpenter built stuff, but there were no flat pack and wood is expensive in Spain so carpenter built kitchens were too expensive.

In the end I had a courier (part load) send out a kitchen which i bought in Ikea in Thurrock, England. The kitchen was just right because it is a rustic old looking pine one which i have added black cast iron handles and black studs to give that Spanish farmhouse rustic look.

Tiles and sink and other bits and pieces I bought in Spain as tiles and ceramics are second to none locally and cheaper. The kitchen which i fitted cost about £1000 thats with the price of courier included.

Originally I had looked in www.Ikea.es but they didn't have anything we liked but would you believe 1 year later our kitchen (Fagerland Pine) is now being sold in Spain's Ikea stores! oh well least its done!
See ya Mark
Hi Mark,
that sounds like a good idea, we are driving over again in december and if we don't find a reasonably priced kitchen before then we will do the same. Our house is like yours, a spanish farmhouse, if we put modern furniture in it, it wouldn't look right. We have looked in quite a few furniture shops and most of them just sell overpriced modern furniture(laminated chipboard), we want real wood!!
Many thanks,
Dave
Old Aug 10th 2005, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice

We got back from Spain on Monday night......have worked hard trying to get motivated every morning to tidy and clear space......however it didn't work out that way! Siestas are a vital part of living in Spain! We did manage to paint the old water storage and turn it into an acceptable swimming pool, and have chopped up all the old furniture. We have chucked several black bags of bed linnen etc, but I still have several more to dispose of. I was going to look for a charity shop nearby but never got around to it.
We have decided to knock the kitchen down altogether and have an internal open plan one, with a Spanish outside kitchen where the existing one is, so it wasn't worth painting the main house.
We have found a brilliant and very reasonable, punctual and trustworthy Spanish builder. He has transformed our 'air raid shelter' building into a comfortable living space..living room, bedroom and en suite bathroom that will more than tide us over till we can afford the work on the main house.
I'm looking forward to getting back over there and giving my builder chappie some ideas as to how we want the work done.
I desperately need to crack on with Spanish lessons......though I managed to be understood it would be wonderful to have a complete conversation without having to resort to making up words hoping they're similar enough to sound like the Spanish equivalent.
Attached Thumbnails New Kitchen, Cieza.-rimg0812.jpg