Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Kitchen, Cieza.

New Kitchen, Cieza.

Old Jun 19th 2005, 2:38 pm
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Kitchen, Cieza.

Hi,
We have just purchased a house in Cieza (Murcia Region). We would like to know where we could buy a new kitchen at a reasonable price. We also require furniture ie: beds, bedroom furniture and living room furniture which needs to be Rustic. We have had a little look around the area and have found the furniture to be very expensive.
Regards,
Dave & Vicky
dave & vicky is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2005, 3:56 pm
  #2  
What mysterious smile?
 
La Joconde's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 131
La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Congratulations on your new house in Cieza.

Cieza I believe is quite in-land, your nearest big-ish town would be Molina de Segura. They have all sorts of shops.

Have you spoken with your local carpenter? They can usually produce very nice hand made kitchen cubpoards at very good value. i.e. you could have basic cupboards, with hand crafted doors and classy door handles, making your kitchen unique and stylish.
on the other hand.
LeRoy Merlin outside Alicante sells kitchen packs ready to assemble, as well as all sorts of household items.

There is a company called Mueble May, they are all over Spain, they can order anything that you like, you can choose from shop displays or catalogues, they always give a discount.

Hope this helps a little.
La Joconde is offline  
Old Jun 19th 2005, 9:29 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Hi,
Many thanks for the reply.
We have seen some base units in Torrevieja at a shop called AKI but they were very modern doors which wouldn't suit the style of house. I will ask around for the local carpenter as you suggested and also try to find Leroy Merlin and see what he they have to offer. Mnay thanks for your help and we will keep in touch and let you know how we get on.

regards, Dave & Vicky.









Originally Posted by La Joconde
Congratulations on your new house in Cieza.

Cieza I believe is quite in-land, your nearest big-ish town would be Molina de Segura. They have all sorts of shops.

Have you spoken with your local carpenter? They can usually produce very nice hand made kitchen cubpoards at very good value. i.e. you could have basic cupboards, with hand crafted doors and classy door handles, making your kitchen unique and stylish.
on the other hand.
LeRoy Merlin outside Alicante sells kitchen packs ready to assemble, as well as all sorts of household items.

There is a company called Mueble May, they are all over Spain, they can order anything that you like, you can choose from shop displays or catalogues, they always give a discount.

Hope this helps a little.
dave & vicky is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 10:09 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 148
PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi,
We have just purchased a house in Cieza (Murcia Region). We would like to know where we could buy a new kitchen at a reasonable price. We also require furniture ie: beds, bedroom furniture and living room furniture which needs to be Rustic. We have had a little look around the area and have found the furniture to be very expensive.
Regards,
Dave & Vicky
Good luck with your new house in Cieza, we have recently bought a large finca further down the vally from you near the pretty riverside town of blanca, we noticed a few large furniture shops on the road into Archena off the A30, its a small industrial estate that you pass on the way into town. The Segura and Ricote valley areas are a beautifull part of Spain, good luck

Paul and Les
PaulLes is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:47 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi,
We have just purchased a house in Cieza (Murcia Region). We would like to know where we could buy a new kitchen at a reasonable price. We also require furniture ie: beds, bedroom furniture and living room furniture which needs to be Rustic. We have had a little look around the area and have found the furniture to be very expensive.
Regards,
Dave & Vicky
Hi there!
I am in the same boat as you.....we have just bought a house in Moratalla, not too far from you I believe (maybe 25 min drive?)......we need all kinds of stuff......a new kitchen being top priority, as well as some furniture etc.....
I will be watching this post and taking notes!
All the best for your new home.
Mary
maryg is offline  
Old Jun 20th 2005, 3:58 pm
  #6  
What mysterious smile?
 
La Joconde's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 131
La Joconde is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi,
Many thanks for the reply.
We have seen some base units in Torrevieja at a shop called AKI but they were very modern doors which wouldn't suit the style of house. I will ask around for the local carpenter as you suggested and also try to find Leroy Merlin and see what he they have to offer. Mnay thanks for your help and we will keep in touch and let you know how we get on.

regards, Dave & Vicky.
Keep us updated on your progresses and good luck!
La Joconde is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:45 am
  #7  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Good luck with your new house in Cieza, we have recently bought a large finca further down the vally from you near the pretty riverside town of blanca, we noticed a few large furniture shops on the road into Archena off the A30, its a small industrial estate that you pass on the way into town. The Segura and Ricote valley areas are a beautifull part of Spain, good luck

Paul and Les
Hi,
You are not far away from us, only about 6 miles. Our house is nearly finished now so we need to buy some furniture. You are right about it being a beautiful part of Spain. We are trying to sell our holiday home in Las Filopinas which is by Villa Martin golf course(Torrevieja) and in a couple of years time move out to Cieza which is a lot more Spanish( i can't wait!!).
Many thanks,
Dave
dave & vicky is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:54 am
  #8  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by maryg
Hi there!
I am in the same boat as you.....we have just bought a house in Moratalla, not too far from you I believe (maybe 25 min drive?)......we need all kinds of stuff......a new kitchen being top priority, as well as some furniture etc.....
I will be watching this post and taking notes!
All the best for your new home.
Mary
Hi Mary,
We drove over from England accross France to Spain inn an old sherpa van, it took 3 days!! but we did manage to take over some furniture so we at least have something to sit on!
Our house is in the middle of the valley facing the mountains in a 3 acre plot with peach trees, there is a lot of work still to do outside but there isn't any rush to do it. Keep in touch,
Dave & Vicky
dave & vicky is offline  
Old Jun 21st 2005, 4:00 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi Mary,
We drove over from England accross France to Spain inn an old sherpa van, it took 3 days!! but we did manage to take over some furniture so we at least have something to sit on!
Our house is in the middle of the valley facing the mountains in a 3 acre plot with peach trees, there is a lot of work still to do outside but there isn't any rush to do it. Keep in touch,
Dave & Vicky
We are thinking seriously about buying a van and driving over when we finally make the big break (after Christmas is the plan but who knows what lies ahead ). Our house is liveable but very dated. There is a lot of land, olives,almonds and vines...but I'm not too sure what it equates to in acres. There is a smaller house, very basic, in fact I refer to it as the air raid shelter, which we are having a bathroom put in, which will tide us over when we come for hols, till we decide what we want to do, and more importantly what we can afford to do, to the main house. There is lots of wobbly furniture and there were 9 beds, most of which HAS to go. At least if we drive over, we can enjoy the beautiful countryside, and my husband and I get used to being in one anothers company 24/7....I think the hardest thing that I will find trouble adapting to, is not being rushed off my feet. I am a bit of a workaholic.....but the time has come to slow down!
Mary
maryg is offline  
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 7:54 pm
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by maryg
We are thinking seriously about buying a van and driving over when we finally make the big break (after Christmas is the plan but who knows what lies ahead ). Our house is liveable but very dated. There is a lot of land, olives,almonds and vines...but I'm not too sure what it equates to in acres. There is a smaller house, very basic, in fact I refer to it as the air raid shelter, which we are having a bathroom put in, which will tide us over when we come for hols, till we decide what we want to do, and more importantly what we can afford to do, to the main house. There is lots of wobbly furniture and there were 9 beds, most of which HAS to go. At least if we drive over, we can enjoy the beautiful countryside, and my husband and I get used to being in one anothers company 24/7....I think the hardest thing that I will find trouble adapting to, is not being rushed off my feet. I am a bit of a workaholic.....but the time has come to slow down!
Mary
Hi Mary,
I know what you mean about being rushed off your feet, we can't move for at least 2 years due to family commitments but at least it gives us a bit of time to get the house sorted
It does sound like you have a lot of work to do on your house, it's worth it as it's a lovely place to live, away from all the stress!!
Keep in touch and let me know how you get on, we might see you over there in december, i've got to learn how to cook a Paella!!
Luego,
Dave
dave & vicky is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 6:51 am
  #11  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi Mary,
I know what you mean about being rushed off your feet, we can't move for at least 2 years due to family commitments but at least it gives us a bit of time to get the house sorted
It does sound like you have a lot of work to do on your house, it's worth it as it's a lovely place to live, away from all the stress!!
Keep in touch and let me know how you get on, we might see you over there in december, i've got to learn how to cook a Paella!!
Luego,
Dave
We will be over in July and October and hopefully if I can do a bit of dodgy dealing with my boss I can get some time off in December too. We are looking at moving over permanantly in March. I leave work at the end of Feb, so any time after that. We'll do you a deal...you do the paella and we'll do you a curry!
I'm reading a lovely book at the moment by Derek Lambert, 'Spanish Lessons' I found it in one of those cheapo book shops for £1. It's his account of giving up his career as a journalist to start a new life in rural Spain. It's funny, eye opening and sort of reasuring.
maryg is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:00 am
  #12  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

This is our kitchen at present.....don't know whether to knock it through to the main house, losing a bedroom and making a larger living/dining area, or keep it seperate. All we know for sure is that those units HAVE to go!
Attached Thumbnails New Kitchen, Cieza.-rimg0557.jpg   New Kitchen, Cieza.-rimg0555.jpg  

Last edited by maryg; Jun 23rd 2005 at 7:06 am.
maryg is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:16 pm
  #13  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by maryg
This is our kitchen at present.....don't know whether to knock it through to the main house, losing a bedroom and making a larger living/dining area, or keep it seperate. All we know for sure is that those units HAVE to go!
Hi Mary,
Curry!!! Our favorite meal!! Can't wait.
I have just read the same book, it is quite funny in places, are you going to adopt a 3 legged cat and stray dogs!!
Other good books are by Chris Stewart, Driving over Lemons and A parrot in the pepper tree.
We like your kitchen, it will look lovely on the top of a bonfire!!
I have attached a couple of pics of our pad in Cieza, it should be finished in about a week.
Speak to you soon,
Dave & Vicky
Attached Thumbnails New Kitchen, Cieza.-cimg0745.jpg   New Kitchen, Cieza.-cimg0779.jpg  
dave & vicky is offline  
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 5:51 pm
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by dave & vicky
Hi Mary,
Curry!!! Our favorite meal!! Can't wait.
I have just read the same book, it is quite funny in places, are you going to adopt a 3 legged cat and stray dogs!!
Other good books are by Chris Stewart, Driving over Lemons and A parrot in the pepper tree.
We like your kitchen, it will look lovely on the top of a bonfire!!
I have attached a couple of pics of our pad in Cieza, it should be finished in about a week.
Speak to you soon,
Dave & Vicky
Your house looks beautiful, it will be smashing when its finished.Ours needs a lot of tlc to bring it up to scratch, but we're looking forward to the challenge. Our son is coming over with us in July, a big strapping lad that will be able to help us tidy up and unblock the septic tank.....he doesn't know about that yet though
maryg is offline  
Old Jun 24th 2005, 2:58 pm
  #15  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 9
dave & vicky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Kitchen, Cieza.

Originally Posted by maryg
Your house looks beautiful, it will be smashing when its finished.Ours needs a lot of tlc to bring it up to scratch, but we're looking forward to the challenge. Our son is coming over with us in July, a big strapping lad that will be able to help us tidy up and unblock the septic tank.....he doesn't know about that yet though
Sounds like a nice job, if you get stuck unblocking the pipes we could ask our friend who is a builder to look at it for you.
As for our house we need to save up over the next two years to sort a porch out on the front and also get a pool. If you find anyone who installs pools let us know.
Cheers,
Dave & Vicky
dave & vicky is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.