Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Bank in Ayamonte

New Bank in Ayamonte

Old Jun 12th 2018, 10:46 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Bank in Ayamonte

Hi

I am having huge problems with my bank - Bankia, now that they have taken over BMN.

I think its time for me to have a bank in Ayamonte - with some level of English support and a good internet platform.

Of course I'd like to have one with no (or little charges).

Can you please help with
  1. A recommended bank - which accepts money in from abroad (in my case Euros) with no charges
  2. Low maintenance charges
  3. English support - doesnt have to be 100% fluent
  4. Do you know if there is a way to transfer the account AND all the direct debits automatically. If so please can you explain how?
Thanks in advance

Jon
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:33 am
Just Joined

willcoxhouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Bank in Ayamonte

Hiya,
We use Banc Sabadell. Their English is good and I like the banking app so I can check things easily.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Michael M is an unknown quantity at this point

I would second Banco Sabadell. Have used them for 12 years and have always had good service and communication. All of their staff that I have dealt with speak English.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Ex Adeladie is on a distinguished road

Hi Jon
I'd recommend Banco Sabadell as it'll tick most of the boxes that you require. They offer a "switching" service, but this is often "problematic".
Old Jun 12th 2018, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Hi

I am having huge problems with my bank - Bankia, now that they have taken over BMN.

I think its time for me to have a bank in Ayamonte - with some level of English support and a good internet platform.

Of course I'd like to have one with no (or little charges).

Can you please help with
  1. A recommended bank - which accepts money in from abroad (in my case Euros) with no charges
  2. Low maintenance charges
  3. English support - doesnt have to be 100% fluent
  4. Do you know if there is a way to transfer the account AND all the direct debits automatically. If so please can you explain how?
Thanks in advance

Jon
Hi Jon
We recently switched to Sabadell opposite the Tributaria. Reasonably painless once we got the correct paperwork together. The only DD they couldn't pull over was Priinet- we did that manually. They all speak good English in that branch and despite all the problems with TSB in the UK it has been trouble free so far.
Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Uncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond reputeUncle Buck has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jon, we switched from Barclays to Sabadell a good few years again and they have been great. If you pop in and speak to Alicia (who lived on CE last time I saw her) she will be able to answer all you concerns in English. We transfer money over at no cost, have low bank charges and they transferred all the DD over without any fuss. Online banking is also very easy with apps for all devices. Good luck!
Old Jun 12th 2018, 3:28 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Uncle Buck
Hi Jon, we switched from Barclays to Sabadell a good few years again and they have been great. If you pop in and speak to Alicia (who lived on CE last time I saw her) she will be able to answer all you concerns in English. We transfer money over at no cost, have low bank charges and they transferred all the DD over without any fuss. Online banking is also very easy with apps for all devices. Good luck!
Wow this is fantastic in the space of a few hours I have an overwhelming recommendation! This is the forum at its best, meaning that it provides a system for well meaning people to help out!!

Thanks willcoxhouse, Michael M, Ex Adeladie , MikeJ, and Uncle Buck. I'm chuffed!

Sabadell, here I come.

Jon
Old Jun 12th 2018, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

bitmanev is on a distinguished road

you can even lower your bank (sabadell it is) charges if you also take out their home insurance
Old Jun 12th 2018, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Would you like Kath to introduce you to Ignacio the local Director who is a very good friend of ours and just the nicest man you could meet. His deputy lives on Encinas so understands our problems on CE. There are various accounts with no charges so you must ask for one of those.
Old Jun 13th 2018, 1:43 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by bitmanev
you can even lower your bank (sabadell it is) charges if you also take out their home insurance
Thanks Bitmanev Good idea - I will pursue this. I have Mapfre at the moment, but will gladly change to centralise things.
Jon
Old Jun 13th 2018, 1:49 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Would you like Kath to introduce you to Ignacio the local Director who is a very good friend of ours and just the nicest man you could meet. His deputy lives on Encinas so understands our problems on CE. There are various accounts with no charges so you must ask for one of those.
Gosh I go away for just a few short weeks, out of sight - out of mind - and I get relegated to number 2!!

That would be great - thanks and one of the positive subjects to discuss over lunch on Thursday! Sounds like his deputy is Alicia as Uncle Buck mentioned.

Jon
Old Jun 13th 2018, 7:59 am
Just Joined

csrich is an unknown quantity at this point

We tried to open an account with them but had two stumbling blocks. Firstly I could not provide a recent P60 as I do not work and am an early 'retiree' nor do I pay tax. Secondly my partner could not provide bills showing his name as all our bills are in my name. Please note I took with me a huge pile of other bills, bank statements, driving licences, passports, Beano Membership Badge etc as proof but we had no success.

We gave up after an hour of frustration!
Old Jun 13th 2018, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

The Sabadell Expansion acc is free as long as you transfer approx 600 euros per month by DD The phone app is excellent They speak pretty good English in the branch
Old Jun 14th 2018, 10:17 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by csrich
We tried to open an account with them but had two stumbling blocks. Firstly I could not provide a recent P60 as I do not work and am an early 'retiree' nor do I pay tax. Secondly my partner could not provide bills showing his name as all our bills are in my name. Please note I took with me a huge pile of other bills, bank statements, driving licences, passports, Beano Membership Badge etc as proof but we had no success.

We gave up after an hour of frustration!
Gosh, I wonder if this was them, or if all banks need this kind of 'security' info.

I hope you found another bank. Did you and are you happy?
Jon
Old Jun 17th 2018, 2:06 pm
Just Joined

csrich is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Gosh, I wonder if this was them, or if all banks need this kind of 'security' info.

I hope you found another bank. Did you and are you happy?
Jon
No I stayed with Caja Granada/BMN/Bankia which is at Huelva. However my new problem is that to access an internet account they send a text message to your phone with a password. Unfortunately they have an old number so I do not receive the password. A trip to Huelva is needed to try to find the new bank whereever it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.