Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New Bank in Ayamonte

New Bank in Ayamonte

Old Jun 17th 2018, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Bank in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by csrich
No I stayed with Caja Granada/BMN/Bankia which is at Huelva. However my new problem is that to access an internet account they send a text message to your phone with a password. Unfortunately they have an old number so I do not receive the password. A trip to Huelva is needed to try to find the new bank whereever it is.
That was one of the main reasons we moved from Caixa - they needed an SMS code to confirm every transaction and the system seemed to be unable to cope with foreign mobile numbers. It got to the point that I was unable to control my account in any meaningful way and had to do transactions from my UK bank.
Old Jun 18th 2018, 12:11 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csrich
No I stayed with Caja Granada/BMN/Bankia which is at Huelva. However my new problem is that to access an internet account they send a text message to your phone with a password. Unfortunately they have an old number so I do not receive the password. A trip to Huelva is needed to try to find the new bank whereever it is.
Thars the bank I want to leave! Awful cusromer service
Jon
Old Jul 6th 2018, 7:32 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Update:

We decided to go to Bankia Huelva to unblock our account after some problems when they took over BMN bank ... (no fault of our own) we thought changing a bank would need the origin account to be unblocked. Though the direct debits are going through.

What a polava. Whilst we were waiting an Esuri couple came in.. small world.

To unblock the account and get a password took well over an hour, add waiting time as well and we lost 1:45 hours! I apologised to the Esuri couple, but I couldn't do anything about it.

So this morning I tried to log in.... it STILL didn't work.

Although we had a very friendly service from the lady at the bank...... I just have to get out of this bank. They don't reply to letters - customer service is non-existent when phoning or emailing... they just ignore the clients. Making small changes in person takes ages.

So I will change.. probably meaning more hours wasted.!!!

What a drag!

Thanks for the help, I'll go to Sabadell.

Jon

PS Bankia have several branches in Huelva easily found on Google.... there are 2 on opposite sides of the road. We went to the one in the centre, and were helped, though they informed me that I was registered at another branch.... I never received ANY communication of that either.