Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Net access to bank account.

Net access to bank account.

Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice
Default Net access to bank account.

I've done a brief 'search' of past threads but have found nothing so far.

I have a non-residents current account with BBVA in Torremolinos. I have a cheque book and a Bank Card (with PIN) for withdrawals from ATMs etc.

I now wish to access my account on-line from the UK, I've accessed the web site but they are asking for Usario and a Password. I have neither that I am aware of - unless they are referring to my name (as account holder) and my card no or PIN number.

I don't speak enough Spanish to follow a technical conversation via the telephone - any suggestions? Am not in Spain until mid-September.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice
Default Re: Net access to bank account.

Originally Posted by erisaman

I have a non-residents current account with BBVA in Torremolinos. I have a cheque book and a Bank Card (with PIN) for withdrawals from ATMs etc.

I now wish to access my account on-line from the UK, I've accessed the web site but they are asking for Usario and a Password. I have neither that I am aware of - unless they are referring to my name (as account holder) and my card no or PIN number.

I don't speak enough Spanish to follow a technical conversation via the telephone - any suggestions? Am not in Spain until mid-September.
I don't know how BBVA run their on-line banking but if it's the same as CAM you need a card with personalised random codes, which you have to enter for any transactions, as well as a user name and passcode. I doubt if they will set it up for you without a personal visit. Have you tried e mailing them? CAM have a link for live on line queries in english - maybe BBVA have the same?? Good luck.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light

We have online access to our Banco de Valencia accounts and are required to input Usario and Password each time.
The online access was set up for us by the English-speaking manager of our local branch in Spain. Perhaps your local BBVA has an English-speaking member of staff who could arrange for you to be sent the necessary usario and password through the post (that's how we got ours!)?
Old Jul 20th 2010, 10:15 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

You normally have to request Internet access - we did.

Also they may require you to sign an authorisation form to cover themselves contractually.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 12:44 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Usario and a Password
This is your user name and password for internet banking.

I was with BBVA when I first came to spain, but ditched them as their charges were high. Nothing was ever easy. As I remember, you need to visit the branch to request internet access.

You might want to consider setting up a UK link account, see here> http://www.bbvauk.com/TLEU/tleu/jsp/...nk/index.jsp#0.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

missbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud ofmissbad has much to be proud of

Hi

What Spanish banks would you recommend in Spain. I also have an account with bbva but would likee to change.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 12:59 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

What Spanish banks would you recommend in Spain. I also have an account with bbva but would likee to change.
In the current climate I would recommend Santander (due to it's AAA+ rating).

Many others will suggest other banks but be careful with charges and their potential stability.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:37 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missbad
Hi

I would recommend Barclays.es. https://www.barclays.es/publico/cont...jsp?lang=en_UK

Depending on which current account you choose, you get:
>Free banking
>3.0% cash back on all direct debits
>Free transfers in from any UK bank
>Good exchange rate
and most importantly very good service - or at least at my branch I do For example, when in UK I send manager an e mail and get a response next working day.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:28 pm
Just Joined

sanrod will become famous soon enoughsanrod will become famous soon enough

When we opened our bank account in Torremolinos, we were given the web address and a small card with numbers and letters in like a grid, which you would use along with a password to gain entry to your account online. I think you need to go and see someone back at your bank.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 4:34 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I bank with Banco Popular and as I have already said, I had to fill in forms to get full access.

That said, I seem to remember that I already had access to my account online just by using my bank card number and PIN to get access.

The access was limited to viewing my statement (which of course you can do at an ATM with the same credentials).

It needed proper authorization to allow me to carry out any form of transaction.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

erisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really niceerisaman is just really nice

Thank you one and all, you have confirmed what I had thought i.e. it will have to wait until my return to Spain in September.

I think Sanrod has touched upon what I had thought was a possibility - the card with a PIN - I had seen this method of loggin via the card number and the PIN. I knew what the terms Usario and Password meant, but didn't know whether I already had them allocated to me- hence the reason I pondered as to whether I did already have access via the net.

Before generating this thread, I contacted BBVAnet in London and they gave me a Spanish telephone number and the instruction to press 2 to speak to someone in English. I did this, but they gave me another number to ring - but warned in advance that they only spoke Spanish. I rang that number but failed to follow the 'menu' properly and failed to speak to anyone in English - okay, my failing, not their's .

I've been with the Torremolinos branch of BBVA for over 20 years and am satisfied with their level of service. I'll just have to be patient and await September's return .

Thank you again - DJ.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:08 pm
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute

We bank with Caja Granada and one day when I went in for a routine transaction, the person serving, who spoke excellent English, asked us if we wanted internet banking and signed me up there and then. I was given a passcode number and generated my own user name.

That young man has never been in the bank any other time I've been in, before or since, none of the others speak English, so we were fortunate to get him that day!

Last edited by scampicat; Jul 20th 2010 at 8:14 pm.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

Solbank is the best for English speaking. all the staff speak English, every leaflet inside the branch is available in English, every form you sign is translated into English, the online banking is in English and they even have an English speaking telephone helpline.

Not everyone likes Solbank but for me they're far better than any UK bank I ever had.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 8:51 pm
around

w1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud ofw1ldcat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by erisaman

I would call the bank ask if anyone speaks english, most banks do. Im with cam bank they talk in english. And i was with santander and they had someone talks english . If you try little spanish they are happy to help with your problem. Long as you don't want the shut your account. A few month of worry will make you go mad.
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this pointlyric030250 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would agree that Solbank are first class for language but am beginning to find them expensive for charges, I am looking at Barclays(es) as times remain hard for those with a pension paid in GBP.
With SB my internet access was passport number and pin but as I live here now it's NIE and pin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.