Nerja Advice

Old Feb 2nd 2010, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

madlass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nerja Advice

Hope this is okay to post on here..... looking to go to Nerja in a week or so for a holiday with the kids. What's the weather like in Feb? , etc.
Thanks
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:01 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nerja Advice

It could be anything!

The night temperatures could be as low as 5 degrees and the daytime high as high as 20 degrees or anything in between. It could rain almost every day or be sunny every day.

Pack clothes on the basis of that.

When you get within a week of your trip you will get a better idea from the longer range forecasts.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

madlass is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that info. Anything would be better than the horrid weather here right now
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madlass
Thanks for that info. Anything would be better than the horrid weather here right now
I am along the coast a bit, and have been sunning it on the balcony, it`s 21c at the mo in the shade and 16.8c indoors, but once the sun goes down it gets down to around 6c or 8c outside.
Also had about a month of rain and more forecast
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 2:48 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madlass
You can sure it will be better than that!

Just prepare for the worst and it can only then be better!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Jontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura aboutJontee has a spectacular aura about

I am in Frigiliana (2km from Nerja). February weather here can be anything from cold to wet to mild to warm. As already posted evenings can be cold, In fact it is often as cold indoors as outside as the buildings are not well insulated. In the daytimes it is fairly warm in the sun, and it is often good enough to sit out for lunch, or on the beach. I saw some folk yesterday in Nerja in shorts and t-shirts, but they did look a bit cold. If there is no sun you will need to wrap up a bit. When I first visited this area 15 years ago I came in Februaury and got sunburnt, so be prepared for anything. Next week could be wonderful.
You do not say when you are visiting, but weekend of 12th - 14th is Carnaval.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the above - I'm about 40mins inland from the coast & sitting in front of the log fire at the moment!

Was down at the coast at Torre del Mar today - about 15-20 mins from Nerja - and it was sunny but with a very strong & chilly wind - definitely not bikini weather yet!

At least in Feb you should be able to enjoy Nerja in peace - not that it's ever overcrowded. Frigiliana & the caves would make a good excursion at this time of year