Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Needed: Partner in crime to help find the escape hatch from England!

Needed: Partner in crime to help find the escape hatch from England!

Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:08 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Needed: Partner in crime to help find the escape hatch from England!

Originally Posted by LostInBritain
You don't wanna know... The first noise I heard this mornin was my bedroom door slamming shut, as the wind was belting through the window kickin up a storm *inside* the flat! By the time I was ready to leave for work it was already lashing it down full pelt, tho 'luckily' I made it into work before the hailstones kicked in. It's been a mixture of 'quite bad' to 'bleedin miserable' ever since. Still it's hometime in a mo', so I get to battle the great outdoors for my 20min stomp through the miserable burbs of Fratton. On my way in this mornin I got diverted by coppers off of the pavement and onto the road, as the wind overnight had whipped the temporary roofing off the latest highrise they're halfway through building.

Almond trees.... *sigh*
x
Fratton.....
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of
Default Re: Needed: Partner in crime to help find the escape hatch from England!

Originally Posted by Lionda
You'd feel it in your bones today it's bloomin' cold with very strong winds. I am looking out my window at a field of almond trees the branches blowing wildly, a couple of trees in a nearby field have blown over and they are a very hardy tree. What's it like in Pompey today?
according to my weather in spain icon..it says spain 21 c and in the uk where i am is 6c..
we have the after effects of the hurricane , arrived from the usa ..we have trees down, waves 20-30 foot high off the coast, bridges and roads closed..hailstones like golfballs.it can be excilerating..but bloody cold.

carole
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:17 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I second that!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

john1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant futurejohn1979 has a brilliant future

First cold day here today in a week, grey skies looking at the sea from the sofa it's a bit choppy lol. I reckon about 16 today down from around 22 yesterday, even had the barbie on yesterday.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:39 pm
Just Joined

LostInBritain will become famous soon enough

May I 'third' that... Yes, it's primo-scummy.

I'm currently living in Southsea, which although is a VAST improvement on Fratton... It's still pretty bloody bleak.

x
Old Mar 10th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

jimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nicejimmbo is just really nice

I'm currently living in Southsea, which although is a VAST improvement on Fratton... It's still pretty bloody bleak.

x
Hi LostInBritain,
Just thought I'd say hello as we are just down the road from you in Stubbington. How's your weather? The wind took our back garden wall out this AM, just what we need as we hope to exchange contracts in 2 weeks time.

Good idea of yours to cut loose and head for the sun. Even with advice, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Good luck.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:00 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You don't wanna know... The first noise I heard this mornin was my bedroom door slamming shut, as the wind was belting through the window kickin up a storm *inside* the flat!
x
Originally Posted by madcarole
according to my weather in spain icon..it says spain 21 c and in the uk where i am is 6c..
we have the after effects of the hurricane , arrived from the usa ..we have trees down, waves 20-30 foot high off the coast, bridges and roads closed..hailstones like golfballs.it can be excilerating..but bloody cold.

carole
I can't walk outside at the moment because the winds are so strong If it gets much stronger I'll be seeing flying Pigs.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:01 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

x

I spent the first 7 years of my marriage in Southsea, it has changed quite a bit since then. I remember the Granada being a nice pub (end of Granada/Alhambra Road)
Old Mar 10th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I can't walk outside at the moment because the winds are so strong If it gets much stronger I'll be seeing flying Pigs.
are you doubting oh wise one??

just watch the weather/news on the uk and you will see what we are talking about..

carole
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:04 pm
Popping in for a chat

just watch the weather/news on the uk and you will see what we are talking about..

carole

I'm not that far from Mitzy....and the winds are pretty strong here!! And NO WAY is it 21 degrees not even in double figures round here today
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:55 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
What do you do for the 4 months of the year(at least) when ths sun doesn't shine?
what 4 months of the year when the sun don't shine, we rarely have periods of more than 2 days without sun here. Temperatures expected to be about 24centigrade here tomorrow
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Palmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud ofPalmera has much to be proud of

Good luck - I know you´re doing the right thing.

We moved over to Spain 5 years ago when i was 29 and love every minute of it here!! Okay, we dont need to work, which helps a great deal, but the spanish people are so welcoming to us (even just trying to communicate in spanish goes a long way with them), the food is great, the sun is even better, need i go on.

Good luck in your adventure. I am sure you wont regret it and in 5 years time i am sure England will be just a grey memory for you!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

carole
Not at all
But we do get high winds here too
Old Mar 11th 2008, 7:02 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not that far from Mitzy....and the winds are pretty strong here!! And NO WAY is it 21 degrees not even in double figures round here today
Its 8am here, and Ive already go the front door wide open........its lovely here this morning
Old Mar 11th 2008, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Same Difference
Its 8am here, and Ive already go the front door wide open........its lovely here this morning
well its a much better day here today thank god...peopels homes were flooded yesterday and eldery people were moved into halls for their safety..quite scary for them..
trees down roofs off.:
..but hey we are still alive and desperate to get to spain...now come on you buyers and buy my house!!!!!

carole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.