Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

need to learn Spanish

need to learn Spanish

Old May 28th 2019, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Chauffeur driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need to learn Spanish

who is the best to learn Spanish. not the quickest. but the on which is the best used and the easy version. which you won't get bored with.
Old May 29th 2019, 9:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond reputechopera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need to learn Spanish

Originally Posted by Chauffeur driver View Post
who is the best to learn Spanish. not the quickest. but the on which is the best used and the easy version. which you won't get bored with.
DuoLingo is quite a good app for learning languages. Also Drops is good for learning vocabulary. (they do English as well :-) )
Old May 30th 2019, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: need to learn Spanish

Originally Posted by Chauffeur driver View Post
Hi, We use an app called Duolingo which is nearly OK because some of the vocabulary is Mexican Spanish, eg carro not coche. It is a good starting point and would recommend it. We have been doing it daily for two years. Its great but when I talk to my neighbours here in Andalucia they speak in a local dialect that is very difficult to understand even if you came from Madrid. Would suggest you download it and give it a try but ultimately the best way is to have a Spanish friend who can help.
Old May 31st 2019, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

minouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond reputeminouette has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chopera View Post
... Also Drops is good for learning vocabulary. (they do English as well :-) )
Old May 31st 2019, 11:16 am
Just Joined

TheMurciano is an unknown quantity at this point

I would recommend using the app BUSUU. It’s really good, easy to use and gets you on the track fast. Whilst nothing is better - or more fun - than hitting the local spots or shopping centre/restaurants and learning yourself by error or what you pick up.

Most hotels or bars run Friday night language exchanges depending on location (mostly touristy spots) 🙂

edit: I personally found duolingo quite limited and not “real world” enough.