Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

How do I get the actual plastic NIE card?

How do I get the actual plastic NIE card?

Old May 20th 2019, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Boxhamster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I get the actual plastic NIE card?

Hi,

In Spain for 2yrs. NIE, job, paying taxes, all good.
Just tried to sign up to do a tax declaration and it´s asking me for my "numero de soporte" which is supposedly on the plastic NIE cards.
I never got that. I only have the A4 paper sheet with my NIE on it. Didn´t know this also comes as a card.
How does one get that card? Much appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.
Old May 20th 2019, 4:33 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How do I get the actual plastic NIE card?

The original issue was a green A4 document, subsequently changed to a plastic card. They both have a 7 digit number on them. That is your support number, but you must add C0 in front of it. That's a zero not the letter O.
Old May 21st 2019, 7:38 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
I only got my NIE 2 years ago, so I think the sheet of white A4 paper I have is for the interim and I just missed getting the card. My piece of paper doesn´t have any other number on it.
So I am now looking for the mechanism to obtain the card, in the most efficient way, cause I don´t want to sit in front of a police station from 2am onwards again, in the dirt.
Thanks.
Old May 21st 2019, 8:11 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

You mention the white A4 paper which is your NIE certificate but you do not mention your green residency certificate.

This year for the first time my gestor asked for the number on the top right hand side of my green residency certificate saying that he needed the number for the tax form. This is not the NIE number so I wonder if that is the "numero de soporte".

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2019, 9:26 am
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

The "numero de soporte" is the number on the top right of the green A4 residencia document or on the reverse of the now smaller credit card sized residencia doc
Old May 21st 2019, 9:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegolfer
The "numero de soporte" is the number on the top right of the green A4 residencia document or on the reverse of the now smaller credit card sized residencia doc
Thank you for confirming what I thought. I am not up to speed with how things work nowadays so I was not 100% sure.

Rosemary
Old May 21st 2019, 9:46 am
Just Joined

That´s not the empadronamiento, no?
How do I then get that document? Do you remember?
Old May 21st 2019, 9:59 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but as I said earlier that number will not work. You have to put C0 in front of it.
Old May 21st 2019, 10:23 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boxhamster
That´s not the empadronamiento, no?
How do I then get that document? Do you remember?

There are 3 'documents' that all Brits need to get;

(1) NIE - white A4 sheet
(2) 'residency' or proof of signing on the list of foreigners
(3) padron certificate - white A4 sheet

You can skip (1) and have one assigned when you do (2)

Document (2) requires proof of income and/or savings and proof of health care. It is sometimes, wrongly, referred to as residencia

(1) and (2) are from the extranjeria - a department of the National Police whilst (3) is from the town hall.
Old May 22nd 2019, 1:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Eric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond reputeEric S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
There are 3 'documents' that all Brits need to get;

(1) NIE - white A4 sheet
(2) 'residency' or proof of signing on the list of foreigners
(3) padron certificate - white A4 sheet

You can skip (1) and have one assigned when you do (2)

Document (2) requires proof of income and/or savings and proof of health care. It is sometimes, wrongly, referred to as residencia

(1) and (2) are from the extranjeria - a department of the National Police whilst (3) is from the town hall.
There always seems to be confusion about the NIE and residencia. But I've never seen it explained so succinctly. Nice!
Old May 22nd 2019, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your help.
I was miraculously able to get a cita previa , albeit outside of town, in 4 weeks! Let´s hope I get it all sorted.
Thanks again
Old May 22nd 2019, 10:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boxhamster
Thank you for your help.
I was miraculously able to get a cita previa , albeit outside of town, in 4 weeks! Let´s hope I get it all sorted.
Thanks again
Don’t be misled into thinking you will get something like a credit card it is really weird paper on the front and clear plastic on the back like it had been laminated on one side. I would take your padron in addition to the above list but then everything in triplicate just to be sure.
Old May 24th 2019, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
I would take your padron in addition to the above list but then everything in triplicate just to be sure.
I would take an empadronamiento certificate thats less than 3 months old tbh...

And as said, its a green credit card sized piece of paper with one side plastified, one side not. Kinda useless, but thats what they are issuing now.
Old May 31st 2019, 11:25 am
Just Joined

TheMurciano is an unknown quantity at this point

Residency and an NIE number are two entirely different things. Doesn’t sound like you have it because it is generally an exhaustive process with demanding requirements off the bat.

Speak to a local Asesor@ and they can help you through it.

Best of luck 👍🏼
Old May 31st 2019, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eric S
There always seems to be confusion about the NIE and residencia.
Really?

​​​​​​Couldn't be clearer or more simple IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.