Reload this Page >

Need help with Movistar

Need help with Movistar

Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:08 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help with Movistar

Originally Posted by snikpoh
... now you've got me worried. I've just taken a look at ours and can't see how to change the default router username and password.

Anyone know?
I don't think there is any real need to change the User name, just put a good password on it, i.e a mix of upper case, lower case and numbers.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

LucaGnome is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Are you using WiFi or are you hard wired?
I tried both, none are letting me accesses it.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:11 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LucaGnome
I tried both, none are letting me accesses it.
I would suggest contacting Movistar then.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:15 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

when you try to click on them, it says "insert youre HOMESTATION password" which means, my modem password.
That doesn't sound like a Movistar router to me.

Did you bring it with you or get it in Spain?
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fred James
That doesn't sound like a Movistar router to me.

Did you bring it with you or get it in Spain?
They installed it. Came to my house, and installed it.
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Movistar Home Station ADSL Freedom in a box

http://www.movistar.es/rpmm/estatico...-ZTE-H108N.pdf
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

The default password is "1234", but you may subsequently change it using the specific tool described below.

http://www.movistar.es/rpmm/estatico...r-ASL26555.pdf
Old Sep 11th 2014, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
The default password is "1234", but you may subsequently change it using the specific tool described below.

http://www.movistar.es/rpmm/estatico...r-ASL26555.pdf

Tried the stuff they say there, didn't work.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

t2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond reputet2uds has a reputation beyond repute

Tried the stuff they say there, didn't work.
Skipped read through this as I have a little monster running around. So heres my euro worth, apologies in advance. If you reset the router with the little pin hole. It WILL reset everything including the user name & password back to the defaults. Done it a few times myself when Ive messed about with the settings a few too many times. Youll need to input the settings again by accessing with the router cable. Use the default router IP, not the online IP. Normally fairly fuss free. As long as you know what the default user & password is for your router (sometimes stuck on its underside) & you know what your ISP login & password is to put them back in to your router once you have access. Good luck.
Old Sep 13th 2014, 5:32 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Don't hit the reset button until you are absolutely sure of all the Movistar settings or it will become useless. You should be able to find them on the Movistar support site, but be very careful.
Old Dec 8th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by t2uds
Skipped read through this as I have a little monster running around. So heres my euro worth, apologies in advance. If you reset the router with the little pin hole. It WILL reset everything including the user name & password back to the defaults. Done it a few times myself when Ive messed about with the settings a few too many times. Youll need to input the settings again by accessing with the router cable. Use the default router IP, not the online IP. Normally fairly fuss free. As long as you know what the default user & password is for your router (sometimes stuck on its underside) & you know what your ISP login & password is to put them back in to your router once you have access. Good luck.
Thank you for actually reading it, and as I said before (atleast I think I said it before), I did reset it A LOT of times by now, and I tried to input ALL the possible numbers and letters I could find on back panel of my router, and NONE of them worked. And I still haven't figured my way out of this completely strange situation. I called a few people on the internet who know this kind of stuff, and they said that they have zero idea about how is that even possible.

I have a router cable, and it makes no difference. Still requests password and still none of the passwords work.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same router. There is a back door you can try to get it to tell you the login and password. If you put in this:-

http://192.168.1.1:8000/APIS/returnJSON.htm

It should spit back something like this:-

{ "RETURN":{ "success": true, "errorDescription": "ERROR_GENERAL" }, "USER":{ "USERNAME": "<name>", "PASSWORD": "<password>" } }

Obviously "<name>" and "<password>" will be something different, I've edited the response from my router.

You can then use the username and password to log into the router. Good luck.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 4:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kenwoodlad
I have the same router. There is a back door you can try to get it to tell you the login and password. If you put in this:-

http://192.168.1.1:8000/APIS/returnJSON.htm

It should spit back something like this:-

{ "RETURN":{ "success": true, "errorDescription": "ERROR_GENERAL" }, "USER":{ "USERNAME": "<name>", "PASSWORD": "<password>" } }

Obviously "<name>" and "<password>" will be something different, I've edited the response from my router.

You can then use the username and password to log into the router. Good luck.
It says:

"400 Bad Request"
"Illegal File access
"

And nothing else.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Kenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond reputeKenwoodlad has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like they may have closed the loophole. Sorry, nothing else to suggest, hope someone has a better idea.