Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Need furniture brought from Essex to Scotland, help

Need furniture brought from Essex to Scotland, help

Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice
Default Need furniture brought from Essex to Scotland, help

This is a long shot - don't know if anyone can offer me either help or advice..

have bought a load of teak furniture from a Company in Essex who have since moved my delivery date twice. Decided to google them for reviews (yeah I know horse and stable door and all that) and they seem to have been selling on ebay also with LOADS of people saying they still waiting on their stuff up to 6 or 7 months on with having dates moved. We have been promised end Sep. but I am a bit worried after reading an awful lot about them.
Anybody know another way of having it collected and brought up? I thought maybe a Company travelling up here or anyone with a bigvan or lorry for that matter. I know I will need to pay, but thought I'd put the feelers out first before contacting a courier for advice. I'd rather pay than wait and have the same done to me as they appear to be doing to others.

They have a nice enough website etc. but I am getting bad vibes about them and they are rather not nice to speak to as well. A bit cocky. They take the payment right away (£670 in our case and seem to hang onto the goods for ages).
hope somebody can advise meX
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need furniture brought from Essex to Scotland, help

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty

have bought a load of teak furniture from a Company in Essex who have since moved my delivery date twice. Decided to google them for reviews (yeah I know horse and stable door and all that) and they seem to have been selling on ebay also with LOADS of people saying they still waiting on their stuff up to 6 or 7 months on with having dates moved. We have been promised end Sep. but I am a bit worried after reading an awful lot about them.
Anybody know another way of having it collected and brought up? I thought maybe a Company travelling up here or anyone with a bigvan or lorry for that matter. I know I will need to pay, but thought I'd put the feelers out first before contacting a courier for advice. I'd rather pay than wait and have the same done to me as they appear to be doing to others.

They have a nice enough website etc. but I am getting bad vibes about them and they are rather not nice to speak to as well. A bit cocky. They take the payment right away (£670 in our case and seem to hang onto the goods for ages).
Why not contact Removers in your area and see if they can do it as a return trip. You may find one going to London.

You may find that this is cheaper than using a courier
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:56 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HereKittyKitty

Did you pay by credit card?
It sounds like you might be better off contacting your credit card company and saying you have had no delivery and no real help from the supplier.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 10:40 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Have sent you an email as a friend of mine is in that business - ManWithaVanCan.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Hi thanks for your replies, Mitzy yes we paid with credit card so that will be the avenue we will go down if I don't manage to get it here either by our own means or they deliver.
Snikpoh thanks for your message I will make contact so see what it is likely to cost.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

update - they did deliver as promised - minus one piece of furniture (value £100) which they did not bother to tell me wasn't coming even though I had told them all furniture being picked up to go to Spain in a few days
As someone who normally does loads of research on what I am buying before buying online, I have certainly learned it's worth googling the Company invloved too for reviews and not to trust their "Customer Feedback" on their website!