nationwide

Old Mar 6th 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of
Default nationwide

We just had a letter from the nationwide building society informing us that between June and September they are changing the cards to a .cash card +.This card will allow purchases on-line and in shops but will not allow you to withdraw from A.T.M.s abroad.in u.k it will be o.k.for cashback in stores.
How will this effect those of us who withdraw cash over here?It will probably mean we have to keep more money in our spanish accounts.As the nationwide were not charging us to withdraw cash over here it will mean more expense for us.
comments please
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:36 am
Just Joined

ausgal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nationwide

Yes SHERGAR we had the same letter yesterday ...spoke to Nationwide on the phone and they could not offer us any alternate options....so we are now looking at either making our Spanish Bank account our main one or opening an account with the Halifax here in Spain.
Either way it¨s a pain in the backside
Old Mar 6th 2010, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ausgal
Yes SHERGAR we had the same letter yesterday ...spoke to Nationwide on the phone and they could not offer us any alternate options....so we are now looking at either making our Spanish Bank account our main one or opening an account with the Halifax here in Spain.
Either way it¨s a pain in the backside
What sort of Nationwide card/account do you currently have? Flexaccount? With debit card or cash card?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

ausgal is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a bog standard Flexaccount with cashcard ,Shaggymon.
It was just handy for drawing money without the charges.The guy I spoke to at Nationwide said that Nationwide was moving the goalposts with regards this account,as they were losing so much money by allowing the "free" cash withdrawals whilst abroad
Still it was good while it lasted
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

shaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to allshaggymon is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ausgal
Just a bog standard Flexaccount with cashcard ,Shaggymon.
It was just handy for drawing money without the charges.The guy I spoke to at Nationwide said that Nationwide was moving the goalposts with regards this account,as they were losing so much money by allowing the "free" cash withdrawals whilst abroad
Still it was good while it lasted
...and yet the card they are replacing it with can be used online and in shops? Abroad as well? I agree though the free cash withdrawals abroad is very useful. What branding does the new one have? If you can use it online and in shops, presumably it is still visa/mastercard?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

twistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond reputetwistedmelon has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger.
Maybe that shows how many expats there are with flex accounts.
Will have to check out how much they charge for transfers otherwise there seems little point in having this account now.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Any changes to the credit card?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

I don't understand. I have been to their website and drilled down through all pages. It still mentions free european cash wthdrawals as a major advantage of the debit card.

Nada about charges for withdrawing cash abroad.

I wonder if they are doing this to "inactive" accounts where people only have a flexaccount to make these withdrawals and conduct no other business through the account.

I've received nothing. Yet!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
I don't understand. I have been to their website and drilled down through all pages. It still mentions free european cash wthdrawals as a major advantage of the debit card.
I don't think there are changes to the debit card. I believe it is the Cirrus Cash Card that is being withdrawn.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shaggymon
I don't think there are changes to the debit card. I believe it is the Cirrus Cash Card that is being withdrawn.
There isn't a Cirrus Cash Card is there? there is only one Nationwide DEBIT/CASH card that can be used to withdraw cash abroad and that's the flexaccount debit card - accepted at Visa or Mastercard/Cirrus ATM terminals.

Last edited by frigilianafreddy; Mar 6th 2010 at 4:09 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
There isn't a Cirrus Cash Card is there? there is only one Nationwide DEBIT/CASH card that can be used to withdraw cash abroad and that's the flexaccount debit card - accepted at Visa or Mastercard/Cirrus ATM terminals.
You can have a flexaccount with a debit card or a flexaccount with a cash card. The cash card is simply that, for use in ATMs, in the UK and abroad, you cannot use it as a debit card. It is the cash card that is being replaced.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future

This is weird!

I only had a response from Nationwide last night via the secure messaging. I was asking if they made any charges if I used my Flex account debit card to pay in euros to my Spanish account.

They replied that transactions are free of Nationwide charges but could not say if the Spanish bank would make any charges.

They reminded me that I could withdraw form ATMs FOC.

But then again I always thought there was a distinct difference between their debit cards and cash card.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by campolife
This is weird!

I only had a response from Nationwide last night via the secure messaging. I was asking if they made any charges if I used my Flex account debit card to pay in euros to my Spanish account.

They replied that transactions are free of Nationwide charges but could not say if the Spanish bank would make any charges.

They reminded me that I could withdraw form ATMs FOC.

But then again I always thought there was a distinct difference between their debit cards and cash card.
Yes, sorry there is a cash card which allows nothing except cash transactions. It's basically there for the less credit worthy or poor. Obviously this is the card that is being modified.

Anyone with a flexaccount VISA debit card will continue to be able to withdraw cash in europewith no charge. The solution is simple - ask for an upgrade to a VISA debit card.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep it's the cash card. Unless you have the misfortune to be 'unwaged' just upgrade to the real card. here's Nationwide's official link.

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/current_...d-changes2.htm

Don't see a problem, myself.
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Does anyone know if there is another bank or building society in UK which allows free ATM withdrawal of cash abroad (Spain), like the old nationwide flex a/c with cash card? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.