Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

my house is a bombsite....

my house is a bombsite....

Old Jul 20th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default my house is a bombsite....

but pretty much packed up now!
the removal truck is coming over tomorrow at 8am....
and then we fly out on tuesday morning... on a one way ticket.

and i honestly cant belive it, literally. it feels like we are just going on holiday or something, very weird feeling indeed.

I think me and mr featherbum are just in shock, and getting on with it in autopilot!!!

Not only that but we get married in less than 2 weeks! we dont do things by half huh!!

anyway thought i'd share my shock with you guys.
Now i have a kitchen to pack!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: my house is a bombsite....

Well let me be the first to offer CONGRATULATIONS on both counts!!

I remember you asking questions last year about your wedding ...........and I was only wondering about you the other day.
Hasn't the time flown!?

Here you are, on the eve of two huge changes in your life; may your future together in Spain be everything you hope it will be.
I am sure you will be very happy indeed

How is Mr Featherbum's Spanish coming along?

Are you actually moving back to your home town? San Sebastian, isn't it??

Have either of you got any work lined up, or are you going to tackle that later on?

Did you decide where to go for your honeymoon after all?

Ooh, loads of questions!!
I hope you're going to keep us all updated about your move, the wedding and your new life (cos we're a nosey lot )

I only logged on while I have a cuppa, because it's just toooooooooo hot in the kitchen - so I can't face doing the dishes just yet

Wishing you and Mr F all the happiness in the world, and a very safe journey on Tuesday.
Do keep in touch with us all, won't you?

Sending congratulatory hugs,
from Sam x
Old Jul 20th 2008, 3:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Hope to hear from you again when you get settled
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:11 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Such an exciting and scarey time for you both. So much going on, so much tension, so much joy. Remember that these life changing things that you are undertaking are two of the most stressful things that people do so the stress may come out in silly bickering. There will be moments of doubt and moments of certainty and these swings in mood may not hit you both at the same time. You are committed to the move and committed to each other so do not let it all get to you.

I always say to bridal couples that the planning for their wedding includes thinking about all of their family and friends and making sure that they will all have a good time but on the day itself they should make sure that they enjoy the whole occasion themselves because IT IS THEIR DAY.

Good Luck and many, many good wishes to you for your future together.

Rosemary
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:16 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Two major upheavals at once!

You are going to feel very chaotic and out of place for a while.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 4:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Nice two, let us know how everything goes.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:52 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Well you cant be happy all your life,You have to get married sooner or later.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by betris
Well you cant be happy all your life,You have to get married sooner or later.

Very good!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:51 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and good wishes!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:03 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on your upcoming wedding and move
Love to you both
Sam xxxxx
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hope it all goes well for you featherbum and mr featherbum, keep in touch and make sure once you are settled you post some photo's of the wedding.

Congratulations to you both
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Be happy for the rest of your life ...
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

thank you all so much for your nice wishes!!!!!

will be in touch soon!!!!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 10:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck.... for all of it xxx
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in both of your ventures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.