Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

My derelict flat :(

My derelict flat :(

Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:18 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default My derelict flat :(

Put all my stuff for sale in the local paper and everyone called at once today and virtually bought the lot!

They bought my beloved moped, three of my beloved guitars, my settee, desk and chairs , chest freezer, loose weights (Dumbells etc), and they are coming back for more tomorrow

So I am sitting on my other desk and chair in an empty living room in the dark because I broke the light switch whilst moving the settee

Funny thing is, it was immensely satisfying watching all my expensive junk go for pennies because I could feel my bridges being burnt as they left.

On the other hand, anyone else start to think, OH MY GOD, at this point?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:43 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: My derelict flat :(

Originally Posted by Keri2323
So I am sitting on my other desk and chair in an empty living room in the dark because I broke the light switch whilst moving the settee :

Funny thing is, it was immensely satisfying watching all my expensive junk go for pennies because I could feel my bridges being burnt as they left.

It's at this point you begin to think "What have I done" but the feeling of complete freedom and satisfaction will kick in and there is nothing to beat that.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

... in an empty living room in the dark because I broke the light switch whilst moving the settee...
There really is no hope for you in Spain, Keri! You'll need your own permanent Pepe to fix things for you

I know what you mean about getting rid of everything. I'm looking forward to it as a cathartic experience

I'm in the process of creating an inventory of all my stuff but its taking longer than I thought as I have so much to photograph and find the specifications of (the list has 250 entries so far!).
The valuable stuff (loads of PC gear and gadgets and accessories bought just-in-case) is going out via eBay; the remainder will get offered on the local Freecycle.

Unlike you I've decided to transport some furniture, white-goods, and accessories (including my guitar) once I've got a house sorted in Spain.

I found a transport company that runs Mediterranean products to the U.K. and sells space in the usually-empty lorry/van for the return journey. They've quoted me £950 for the exclusive use of a Merc Sprinter van (Notts to Costal del Sol) so that is my favourite leather sofa, beds, storage units, kitchen kit, and crates covered.

It works out cheaper to do that than sell it all in the U.K. and have to buy new in Spain.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:14 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple
There really is no hope for you

Im sure that has been said before, maybe it was my mum Thats a good idea mate, I just didnt fancy the hassle of organising all that stuff, plus, i dont have anywhere to live yet so carrying around a chest freezer in a rucksack would have been a tad exhaustive.

Hey crispygirl! I love your positivity, I can feel it coming down my phone line in waves, hehe

Last edited by Keri2323; Apr 12th 2007 at 9:18 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

...carrying around a chest freezer in a rucksack would have been a tad exhaustive.
Oh that's not a problem - I've got a back-pack-sized battery-operated mini-fridge here will keep your beer cool and you can wire it to a solar panel
Old Apr 12th 2007, 9:33 pm
I have a member

Fantastic, Im reckoning you are the king of gadgets my man!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:29 am
In Estepona

onlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond reputeonlineamiga has a reputation beyond repute

Keri dude best of luck to you man. Its strang efor me because im going to spain as if im going on holiday. Kinda like im not actually moving there yet but going out to make a go of it. Then once i know im stopping then ill be sorting out a list of

Bin
Flog
Give Away
Ship

I think getting prices of shipping would be interesting. I worked out it would cost me about £400 to drive a car up from spain, load it up and drive it back down again. But its funny coz i dont even have to think about that yet as the O/H is keeping the house on until I give the green light.

Intuitivenipple: Not seen you around for a bit thought youd died or something!

Slightly OTT but to all those thats in spain and its been bad weather, you'll be pleased to know that our reign of excellent weather has come to an end here in the UK. Today is foggy damp grey and cold!!! HURAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Im hoping Malaga improoves for when i get there.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 9:08 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Keri dude best of luck to you man. Its strang efor me because im going to spain as if im going on holiday. Kinda like im not actually moving there yet but going out to make a go of it. Then once i know im stopping then ill be sorting out a list of

Bin
Flog
Give Away
Ship

I think getting prices of shipping would be interesting. I worked out it would cost me about £400 to drive a car up from spain, load it up and drive it back down again. But its funny coz i dont even have to think about that yet as the O/H is keeping the house on until I give the green light.

Intuitivenipple: Not seen you around for a bit thought youd died or something!

Slightly OTT but to all those thats in spain and its been bad weather, you'll be pleased to know that our reign of excellent weather has come to an end here in the UK. Today is foggy damp grey and cold!!! HURAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!
Im hoping Malaga improoves for when i get there.
Hey it may be cold where you are but down here on the south coast it is still good weather - bit overcast this morning but still warm and the promise of brilliant sunshine later
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: My derelict flat :(

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple
I found a transport company that runs Mediterranean products to the U.K. and sells space in the usually-empty lorry/van for the return journey. They've quoted me £950 for the exclusive use of a Merc Sprinter van (Notts to Costal del Sol) so that is my favourite leather sofa, beds, storage units, kitchen kit, and crates covered.

It works out cheaper to do that than sell it all in the U.K. and have to buy new in Spain.
Hi IntuitiveNipple,

Can you let us have the contact details for the transport company sounds like a good deal to me, no hassle hiring and bringing the van back the UK. Do they do anywhere in UK to anywhere in Spain?

Regards,

John.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:24 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Put all my stuff for sale in the local paper and everyone called at once today and virtually bought the lot!

They bought my beloved moped, three of my beloved guitars, my settee, desk and chairs , chest freezer, loose weights (Dumbells etc), and they are coming back for more tomorrow

So I am sitting on my other desk and chair in an empty living room in the dark because I broke the light switch whilst moving the settee

Yes we started to think that on the Friday when the local auction house sent a huge lorry to pick up all the stuff we hadn't already sold or weren't taking with us. Left us with a kitchen table and two chairs, bed, two recliner chairs, TV and computer, with white goods left as well. Bed, recliner chairs and computer came with us rest was left, we had already sorted everything else we were bringing and most was in boxes.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nicejonsol is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lionda
Hey it may be cold where you are but down here on the south coast it is still good weather - bit overcast this morning but still warm and the promise of brilliant sunshine later
Promises of 24C degs at the weekend.in the south of U.K., .,.
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond reputeBigbhudda69 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi IntuitiveNipple,

Can you let us have the contact details for the transport company sounds like a good deal to me, no hassle hiring and bringing the van back the UK. Do they do anywhere in UK to anywhere in Spain?

Regards,

John.
me three....