hiya all

Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:21 am
Just Joined

mumof5under5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hiya all

we have the oppurtunity to move to granada area on the 20th may permantkley but i have 5 small children will they adapt ok to life over there and how does schooling work does anyone know?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:33 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hiya all

Originally Posted by mumof5under5
we have the oppurtunity to move to granada area on the 20th may permantkley but i have 5 small children will they adapt ok to life over there and how does schooling work does anyone know?
Firstly let me welcome you to the wonderful place that is BE, secondly let me commend you on your constitution, 5 kids all under 5!!!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:34 am
Just Joined

lol i know would we cope in spain with them??? hehehehe
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:35 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

lol i know would we cope in spain with them??? hehehehe
If you can cope with them at all then you can cope with them ANYWHERE!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:45 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
If you can cope with them at all then you can cope with them ANYWHERE!
he's right!

added to which, where I live there's free full time education from age 3 (gotta be a bonus in your situation!), though I'm not sure if it's a national thing.

In my opinion, the education system here is at least as good as in the UK, if not better, and runs on similar lines
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

do the kids fit in ok with the spanish speaking schools?
Old Apr 12th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

sure they will have no problems whatsoever

I came when my son was 6 - within 6 months he was having no problems at all communicating with the other children or the teachers

go for it while they are young

ps yes in this area its free schooling from age 3 too
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:12 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mumof5under5,I dont know anything about schooling in Spain,but congratulationson the move,I hope everything runs smoothly for you,I hope you and your family have a wonderful life in Granada,you must keep us posted.Cheers the best of luck
Old Apr 12th 2007, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

Hi there. Which area of Granada might you be moving to? I'm moving to Granada later this year.
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:26 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

do the kids fit in ok with the spanish speaking schools?
absolutely.......& the younger they start the better

mine were 4 & 7 when we arrived, spent a year at an international (english speaking ) school .....waste of money IMO at that age (in retrospect)............, so 5 & nearly 9 when they started spanish school just over 2 years ago

sometimes when they are playing with their spanish friends I find it hard to work out which child is mine...they sound so spanish....and even spanish people haven't realised they are english until they speak in english!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kyla
Hi there. Which area of Granada might you be moving to? I'm moving to Granada later this year.

cullar we are moving to its a little village am really nervous dont know if i can go through with it being born and breed in britain lol!!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

nikvin is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there

The kids will adapt without any problem. The younger the better!!.

Schooling (obligatory) starts at 6,, so any that turn 6 in 2007 will officially start in September. Nursery type schooling starts at 3.

Loooooooooooooooong school holidays though in summer (12 weeks)
School books now free in Andalucía, but you have to provide eveything else,pens, paints,paper, books etc... free transport for 6 & over in most rural areas.

As soon as you get here , go to the local school, and find out if you can get them in for Sept. Official registration will be over by then, but if there are places, then no problem.

Try to get the kids to learn as much Spanish as possible before you get here, even if it´s only how to give their names, and hola-adios-gracias.

Personally we have found the schooling excellent.
Official statistics indicate that it´s overall better in Spain, and more kids reach a higher standard, but obviously there´s good and bad everywhere.

Small rural junior schools,also generally do better than bigger ones.

My daughter (youngest) is in year 5 at junior school. There are only 7 kids in her class which is actually year 5 and 6. lots more personal attention etc...
Her school does LOADS of school trips ( free or small charge )

just had 4 nights in Granada province at an eco'school type place, to learn about environment, and on way there had day in Granada city, went to Science park and cinema, etc... only cost 10 euros and that was their cinema and spends for first day.
Boys at local high school, 1 pc per 2 kids in each classroom, loads trips too, but not so free!!, and good standards too ( well for the one that wants to study!!)

sorry...
gone on a bit

hope it helps

Last edited by nikvin; Apr 12th 2007 at 3:31 pm. Reason: typos
Old Apr 12th 2007, 4:40 pm
Just Joined

how far away do you live from cullar?

yeah it helped loads thanks
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

Kyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really niceKyla is just really nice

cullar we are moving to its a little village am really nervous dont know if i can go through with it being born and breed in britain lol!!
Cullar Vega, near Armilla? It's about 10 kilometres from Granada City. My boyfriend's from Granada and he told me that a lot of new flats and houses are being built in Cullar at the moment. We're buying a flat in Cenes de la Vega (all going well), just outside Granada, in the east. I know what you mean about being nervous - I'm TERRIFIED! I think it's normal to feel like this. But it's very exciting too!
Old Apr 12th 2007, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

nikvin is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure really!!! have to dig out a map and check where Cullar is!! Heard of it, think I may even have driven throughnear it, but mind totally blank as to where it is!!we are about 30 mins from Baza, which has a good hospital btw if you didnt know, and lots of shops. hosp ben great with the kids, was there today in fact

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.