Reload this Page >

Muzzy - anyone used it?

Muzzy - anyone used it?

Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

tracyvegas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Muzzy - anyone used it?

what a lovely day! NOT!

just wondered if anyone had bought Muzzy to teach their little ones Spanish?
thinking of buying one and learning as a family.

Tracy
Old Aug 9th 2008, 3:44 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muzzy - anyone used it?

Originally Posted by tracyvegas
what a lovely day! NOT!

just wondered if anyone had bought Muzzy to teach their little ones Spanish?
thinking of buying one and learning as a family.

Tracy
Do a search at the top because I am sure that there has been a helpful discussion on this subject before. I cannot remember totally but my overall thought is that people found it good and that children enjoy learning with it.

Rosemary
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:07 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

We tried the French one for the kids. I think they quite enjoyed it.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 4:39 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
We tried the French one for the kids. I think they quite enjoyed it.
we borrowed the french one years ago, before we thought of coming to spain

my older dd (who can have only been about 5 or so) thought it funny but learned nothing
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

HereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really niceHereKittyKitty is just really nice

Hi, I bought this for my then 7 year old. I am sure it was about £160 or somewhere in that region...not worth it in my opinion. When they have "conversations", it is very fast and totally Spanish. I didn't feel he learned that much other than count to 10!

I suppose if you have a routine of putting it on etc. it would be beneficial, but too expensive in my opinion.

Maybe get it 2nd hand from e-bay or somewhere like that?
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:22 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Most tapes are fast and almost incomprehensible. The only ones I have ever heard that were any good were the Ealing ones, now alas, no more.
Old Aug 9th 2008, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

gengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the roughgengis khant is a jewel in the rough

The BBC have got a new and pretty good tutorial on their website .
http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/mividaloca/
Old Aug 10th 2008, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

My friend's 3 year old loves Muzzy (Spanish version)

He's picking up loads of words, but I guess that's because it's so much easier at his very young age.

He isn't allowed to watch much TV, but the Muzzy DVD is a treat that he really looks forward to - bless him

I watched it with him, and found it mildly interesting.
Certainly the repetition involved helps to cement the vocabulary.

Can't imagine my friend paid anything like the amount of money quoted previously for it though!
That sounds extortionate
Old Aug 13th 2008, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

We used Muzzy years ago for our two daughters about three years prior to their GCSE French and Spanish. It’s clearly aimed at a younger audience, but all the basics are there. In those days it was VHS tapes. They both got ‘A’ grades for their oral exams.

The current ones are DVD of course. The HUGE advantage now is that you can have English or Spanish subtitles on screen. I was forever pausing the tape version and trying to look up things in the dictionary. That’s hard when you hear a word like ciruelas and can’t figure out what the picture is showing. (it’s cartoon format if you’re not familiar with it)

The course is aimed at covering all of the ‘usual’ topics like shopping, clothes, telling the time etc. I think it’s a good investment for what it is, for adults and children.

Plus, if you buy it from www.early-advantage.co.uk you will get special discount offers on the Level 2 course after a while.