Murcia

Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:52 pm
  #16  
Rizlared
 
kevray's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Anhui, China
Posts: 237
kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Re: Murcia

On tha advice of a member on this net, I (today by phone, I,m that keen) contacted an agent near Valencia, he certainly appeared to come across as genuine. On asking his advice on Murcia he said much the same as many many others, overpriced property or property that won't sell. (check out some agents on the web, same property on sale for months) not a particularly nice region in comparison with others, but has some of the best mountain areas in Spain.
He, as have most others, reiterated. GO AND HAVE A LOOK. what is source for the goose etc.
We are in a quandary, In order to succeed in business I need mainly English speaking people, at least in the short term until I can get by speaking Spanish, but want to life the Spanish way of life.
Now looking more towards Alicante or even up to Jijona.
May mean more travel but what the hey
Kevray
kevray is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 2:17 am
  #17  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 394
Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by kevray
On tha advice of a member on this net, I (today by phone, I,m that keen) contacted an agent near Valencia, he certainly appeared to come across as genuine. On asking his advice on Murcia he said much the same as many many others, overpriced property or property that won't sell. (check out some agents on the web, same property on sale for months) not a particularly nice region in comparison with others, but has some of the best mountain areas in Spain.
He, as have most others, reiterated. GO AND HAVE A LOOK. what is source for the goose etc.
We are in a quandary, In order to succeed in business I need mainly English speaking people, at least in the short term until I can get by speaking Spanish, but want to life the Spanish way of life.
Now looking more towards Alicante or even up to Jijona.
May mean more travel but what the hey
Kevray
I think it depends on what you are looking for. Paul has the kind of place that would attract me, by the sounds of it. A place up in the foothills of one of the sierras would be a nice retreat too and I have some land I may one day build on that fits the bill. All this away from the over-priced properties of the in-demand areas.

But for now, living outside a small town near Murcia, not too far from the motorway network suits me from the perspective of working amongst the locals. A place by the sea only appeals if it's a holiday home ... not somewhere to really live when you are still working and looking to integrate.

It's a tough decision where to set-up when you are aren't rich enough to be idle, or old enough to retire (no disrepect meant to anyone in either of those categories) and only you can really make it after checking-out prospective areas at ground zero.
Unexpat is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 9:44 am
  #18  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 148
PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice
Smile Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by rickstevens
Paul Is that really the price you paid??? Have prices gone up much since then, Wow!! where I'm looking at moving to I would be lucky to get a decent 3 bed town house, hmmm think I might have to rethink locations, whats it like for getting a job where you are??
Rick

Prices are pretty static at the moment, but are set to rise dramatically upon the completion of Murcia airport near Murcia city. This will place the protected sierras and the coast at 15 mins each way. Try the link below and good luck. With regards to jobs it is very Spanish so Spanish would be usefull.
We have not re-located to Spain yet but are planning too, i have plans for my land and do not intend to be employed, my wife is a nursery teacher and may get involved in that area. The nearest riverside town has an expat comunity which is growing a little too fast for our liking but thats the way inland Spain is going, plus the fact people can see the investment opertunity within the area.
In Archena which is a Spa town in the Murcia end of the valley building is rife with luxury complexes, although we are only 10 mins from most places we are very rural which is what we wanted. Everybody as a different idea of life in Spain i have a succesful UK business thats very stressfull and it is our intention to downshift to a slower pace of life and make our savings work for us in a less stressfull Spanish business. We are over next week and i know that we will get a friendly greeting from our Old Spanish neighbour who has become a great friend and taught us so much of country life and the Spanish language, can't wait to open my shutters and see my mountain.



hope this helps.

Paul


http://mazarron.com/Property/Farmhou...cote/index.php.

Last edited by PaulLes; Feb 12th 2006 at 10:27 am.
PaulLes is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 10:26 am
  #19  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
anita-alf.burrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Murcia

We have just purchased an apartment on a planned new golf development in Corvera, five minutes away from the planned new Corvera Airport. The area is absolutely beautiful.
anita-alf.burrows is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 12:00 pm
  #20  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: Planned airport in Murcia

Where can I find any info on this elusive new airport that seems to have been in the pipeline for years?
We are situated about 40 minutes from Murcia town and ussually fly to/from San Javier, which only takes us about an hour and 10 minutes driving steadily.
Mary
maryg is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 1:47 pm
  #21  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Murcia, Spain
Posts: 148
PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice
Default Re: Planned airport in Murcia

Originally Posted by maryg
Where can I find any info on this elusive new airport that seems to have been in the pipeline for years?
We are situated about 40 minutes from Murcia town and ussually fly to/from San Javier, which only takes us about an hour and 10 minutes driving steadily.
Mary
Mary,

You are not alone, google throws up many references but non informative. The general drift seems to be that it will open some time in 2007, but as it was originally planned to start late 2004 to finish 2006 its anyones quess.

If anyone gets any concrete info i would'nt mind reading it.
PaulLes is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 5:57 pm
  #22  
Forum Regular
 
maryg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: West Midlands/Murcia
Posts: 163
maryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nicemaryg is just really nice
Default Re: Planned airport in Murcia

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Mary,

You are not alone, google throws up many references but non informative. The general drift seems to be that it will open some time in 2007, but as it was originally planned to start late 2004 to finish 2006 its anyones quess.
If anyone gets any concrete info i would'nt mind reading it.
The only references I've found so far are to San Javier. We would certainly benefit from an airport in Murcia, provided the Cheap flights were available, but that was not a contributary factor in buying our house. We simply fell in love with the town, the people and the the area.
Mary
maryg is offline  
Old Feb 12th 2006, 7:28 pm
  #23  
Rizlared
 
kevray's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Anhui, China
Posts: 237
kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Re: Planned airport in Murcia

Originally Posted by maryg
The only references I've found so far are to San Javier. We would certainly benefit from an airport in Murcia, provided the Cheap flights were available, but that was not a contributary factor in buying our house. We simply fell in love with the town, the people and the the area.
Mary
I have also searched for details to no avail, I can tell you that it is at Alcantarilla and has a runway approx 3110 m in length and 147 wide, there is no airport code allocated yet, and you can look at it if you view Murcia by google earth.
Kevray
kevray is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 2:26 am
  #24  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 394
Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice
Default Re: Planned airport in Murcia

Originally Posted by kevray
I have also searched for details to no avail, I can tell you that it is at Alcantarilla and has a runway approx 3110 m in length and 147 wide, there is no airport code allocated yet, and you can look at it if you view Murcia by google earth.
Kevray
That's an interesting tool to play about with, Google Earth. Thanks for mentioning it.

Interesting. The official Murcia bulletins say that it was originally supposed to be in Covera (about 17km from Murcia itself) which would have put it about 15km closer to Murcia than San Javier. Alcantarilla is about 7.5km from Murcia.

I gather that some machinations by La Caixa (the proposed location does not suit them in that it is too close to some major urban construction they are engaged in), together with the change to a socialist government have "magically" resulted in delays until the year dot, as to the location of the originally proposed site as outlined in the March 2004 tender document.

Looking further, I am not totally convinced that the new airport is going to be in Alcantarilla. What's in Google Earth could be the existing National (as opposed to International) airport and aerodrome.

Information seems to be hard to find.
Unexpat is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:16 pm
  #25  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
anita-alf.burrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Planned airport in Murcia

Originally Posted by Unexpat
That's an interesting tool to play about with, Google Earth. Thanks for mentioning it.

Interesting. The official Murcia bulletins say that it was originally supposed to be in Covera (about 17km from Murcia itself) which would have put it about 15km closer to Murcia than San Javier. Alcantarilla is about 7.5km from Murcia.

I gather that some machinations by La Caixa (the proposed location does not suit them in that it is too close to some major urban construction they are engaged in), together with the change to a socialist government have "magically" resulted in delays until the year dot, as to the location of the originally proposed site as outlined in the March 2004 tender document.

Looking further, I am not totally convinced that the new airport is going to be in Alcantarilla. What's in Google Earth could be the existing National (as opposed to International) airport and aerodrome.

Information seems to be hard to find.
I am sure it is being built in Corvera, wherever it is referred to it is called Corvera International Airport. The flight paths have to be decided upon a couple of years in advance of building, they can't just change their minds. When we brought our property they told us that we were not on the flight path, this was confirmed by my Solicitor with the developer. They got the information from somewhere. The date keeps slipping though, the latest I have read is 2008/09 for completion. I have e-mailed Murcia Tourist office to see if they can shed an light on the confusion, I only hope they don't reply in Spanish!!
anita-alf.burrows is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:57 pm
  #26  
Rizlared
 
kevray's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Anhui, China
Posts: 237
kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Re: Murcia

You may be right about Corvera, there is a brief outline in the news section of mazarrononline.com, where it also states that there is some doubt that there is enough airspace available for two airports so close together. this was supposed to be completed by 2006 and as yet has not started, viva estates advertise that it is coming in 2008 but none of their property is in the flight path
Kevray
kevray is offline  
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:11 pm
  #27  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
anita-alf.burrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by kevray
You may be right about Corvera, there is a brief outline in the news section of mazarrononline.com, where it also states that there is some doubt that there is enough airspace available for two airports so close together. this was supposed to be completed by 2006 and as yet has not started, viva estates advertise that it is coming in 2008 but none of their property is in the flight path
Kevray
As far as I was aware, San Javier (Murcia Airport) was going to return to being just a Military Airport when Corvera Airport opened. It only has a limited service at present.
anita-alf.burrows is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2006, 4:36 pm
  #28  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 4
anita-alf.burrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Murcia

After spending much of the day trying to find out something about this Airport, hurrah!!

I have just been informed that construction work has been stopped following a court decision to hear the case from the construction company Armilar-Procam (Hacienda Del Alamo) who claim the the airport will generate too much noise over their resort, which has already received full planning permission. (This answers the question of whether work has started or not!!!)

One solution would be to move the runways 300 metres further away, which would incur new planning permission.

Now awaiting court decision as to whether it will be permanently stopped or be redrawn so that the noise levels created by the air traffic will not effect the urban areas. :scared:
anita-alf.burrows is offline  
Old Feb 14th 2006, 9:27 pm
  #29  
Rizlared
 
kevray's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Location: Anhui, China
Posts: 237
kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all
Default Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by anita-alf.burrows
After spending much of the day trying to find out something about this Airport, hurrah!!

I have just been informed that construction work has been stopped following a court decision to hear the case from the construction company Armilar-Procam (Hacienda Del Alamo) who claim the the airport will generate too much noise over their resort, which has already received full planning permission. (This answers the question of whether work has started or not!!!)

One solution would be to move the runways 300 metres further away, which would incur new planning permission.

Now awaiting court decision as to whether it will be permanently stopped or be redrawn so that the noise levels created by the air traffic will not effect the urban areas. :scared:
Many thanks
Kevray
kevray is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.