Murcia

Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Murcia

Anyone know what Murcia like to live and what is the property market like?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murcia

Hi Helen

Sorry not a post on the area, will have to leave that for someone else, But just to say hope it is warm were you are, I am coming up Tomorrow for the weekend, Small world

Hope you get the info you need
Regards
pwwm
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Helen

Sorry not a post on the area, will have to leave that for someone else, But just to say hope it is warm were you are, I am coming up Tomorrow for the weekend, Small world

Hope you get the info you need
Regards
pwwm

Of course it is always beautiful weather here in Billinge, seriously it is cold but sunny as long as the sun is out it doesn't matter.

Helenp
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by helenp
Anyone know what Murcia like to live and what is the property market like?
Property market in Murcia is over the top, as in other areas, in my opinion. That applies to both "holiday homes", largely targeted at foreigners (the latter will generally have a premium of at least 10% over market value - more often 20%) and new permanent dwellings for the growing indigenous urban populations.

Personally I find Murcia a great place to live, but then I spent some of my childhood growing up in the province. Yes, it does drop to 5-7C in the Winter nights and 8-10C during the day, but when the sun shines so often, it mitigates the temperature and Winter doesn't last that long anyway.

Deeper inland, away from the Mar Menor and La Manga as well as the provincial capital itself, there are still some nice spots to be had at the foothills of various Sierras. It does all depend on what it is you are looking for though.

Last edited by Unexpat; Feb 8th 2006 at 2:03 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 2:06 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I do! We've been renting here since October....though we won't buy a property in Murcia as it's just not for us.
I'll give you my view on the area, but it is exactly that...my view! Because no doubt there's many expats who like it here.
Property prices? Overpriced compared to a lot of other areas I'm afraid, and really there's no justification for that.
The houses tend to be either holiday/golf properties at high prices, or total ruins inland for high prices. And very little in between. Some areas are nice, and others are not.
We've driven about 5K miles around Spain in the last few months in order to see as much as possible, and quite frankly, Murcia would be the bottom of our shopping list with Granada at the top.
As I said, it depends on what you're looking for, so I'd suggest you see as much of Spain as possible before putting down permanent roots.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by XTreme
Yes I do! We've been renting here since October....though we won't buy a property in Murcia as it's just not for us.
I'll give you my view on the area, but it is exactly that...my view! Because no doubt there's many expats who like it here.
Property prices? Overpriced compared to a lot of other areas I'm afraid, and really there's no justification for that.
The houses tend to be either holiday/golf properties at high prices, or total ruins inland for high prices. And very little in between. Some areas are nice, and others are not.
We've driven about 5K miles around Spain in the last few months in order to see as much as possible, and quite frankly, Murcia would be the bottom of our shopping list with Granada at the top.
As I said, it depends on what you're looking for, so I'd suggest you see as much of Spain as possible before putting down permanent roots.

Interesting to hear insiders views as I read Murcia was cheap and up and coming area, suppose that this will push prices up though.
I agree with you Granada is a favouite of mine too also Ronda area, not very keen on coastal areas as too expensive and have a young family so village inland would be better. We are visiting Torrox and staying near Alhaurin el Grande in July so will have a look around these areas.
Thanks for comments
Helenp
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Helen

Try looking along the coast near us, if want coastal, as there are still some good deals to be had. Look up Costa tropical, It covers area between Almunecar to La Rabita, very mountainous right down to the coast with small coastal villages, we have the Alpujarra's a short ride away and the Sierra Nevada for skiing in winter if that is your thing.
We are part of Granada province.
I shall wave to Billinge as I arrive tomorrow.

Regards pwwm
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Murcia

Originally Posted by pwwm
Hi Helen

Try looking along the coast near us, if want coastal, as there are still some good deals to be had. Look up Costa tropical, It covers area between Almunecar to La Rabita, very mountainous right down to the coast with small coastal villages, we have the Alpujarra's a short ride away and the Sierra Nevada for skiing in winter if that is your thing.
We are part of Granada province.
I shall wave to Billinge as I arrive tomorrow.

Regards pwwm
Thanks will have a drive around these places when we visit, enjoy your weekend in Wigan!

Helenp
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:20 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helenp
Interesting to hear insiders views as I read Murcia was cheap and up and coming area,
That's the sales blurb you've been fed Helen. It's not cheap, and as for up and coming, I think it's reached the point of too many properties and too few buyers. The agents near the coast are always empty, and I think a lot of them are just trying to make the one big score to keep them afloat a bit longer.
If you check out www.kyero.com you'll find average house price values for each province....and Murcia is right up there round the top.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

kpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nicekpw4v is just really nice

Well it is a small world for us Wiganers.

I placed a deposit for a Polaris World property in Murcia, but backed out after visiting the site (La Torre) and further consideration. In my opinion (and it is only an opionion) is that Murcia is vastly overated. I am sure there are nice parts (probably mountains) but my main memory is of vast areas covered in plastic sheeting for agriculture. Also, the scale of development is incredible. Polaris World are proposing to build 30,000 golf properties. There are over 30 golf course developments planned. I just do not believe there are enough buyers to drive up prices for capital gain or renters to cover costs. If you intend to live out there then that is a different financial matter, but I am sure there are nicer places in Spain.

BTW it was a lovely sunny day in Wigan today

Regards
Kevin
Old Feb 9th 2006, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: Murcia

Might give Murcia a miss then and stay in Wigan a bit longer.

Helen
Old Feb 10th 2006, 2:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Unexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really niceUnexpat is just really nice

Originally Posted by kpw4v
... I am sure there are nice parts (probably mountains) but my main memory is of vast areas covered in plastic sheeting for agriculture. ...
That would be because Murcia is the market garden of Spain, like the Rioja region is the wine cellar . Yes, to find the nice parts you have to leave the main roads, venture into the sierras outside the smaller villages. Agree on your other comments. Over-built and over-priced in many of the better known spots.
Old Feb 11th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

I agree with a lot of the comments made about Murcia, golf courses Polaris world etc. But we have an idylic farm in the Ricote Valley, five bedrooms 2 bathrooms, totally restored to a high standard, loads of 10,000 metres of land with pines pines, almonds, olives, pomegranites and views of pine clad mountains to die for, we had Xmas dinner on the terrace in tee shirts in glorious sunshine. The infastructure and roads are rated as amongst the top in spain. It takes us 45mins from Alicante or San Javier by car, an hour to Bendorm (if you have to go). The people are exceptionally friendly, Oh and the price for all this including all the furniture, 2 double beds 6 singles all white goods 125,000 euros about £85,000 (June 2005).
Old Feb 11th 2006, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

PaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nicePaulLes is just really nice

Hi all excuse the type errors in previous entry, butter fingers. Beaches i left out, forget the Mar Menor, try Aguilas heading towards Almeria, secluded rocky coves white sand and clear blue warm water, just a ice cream hut and not a british pub in site, good look in your search of Spain, best way is to travel a chosen area an get a feel for the are.

Paul
Old Feb 11th 2006, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

rickstevens is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PaulLes
Hi all excuse the type errors in previous entry, butter fingers. Beaches i left out, forget the Mar Menor, try Aguilas heading towards Almeria, secluded rocky coves white sand and clear blue warm water, just a ice cream hut and not a british pub in site, good look in your search of Spain, best way is to travel a chosen area an get a feel for the are.

Paul
Paul Is that really the price you paid??? Have prices gone up much since then, Wow!! where I'm looking at moving to I would be lucky to get a decent 3 bed town house, hmmm think I might have to rethink locations, whats it like for getting a job where you are??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.