Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Old Jun 23rd 2012, 10:41 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You seem to know who they are, let us all know....
I'm in the dark too
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:09 am
RQM
Forum Regular

RQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really niceRQM is just really nice

It's the same on any forum, people have nothing better to do than try and wind others up and generally they succeed. Try to ignore they will get sick of talking to themselves but it is easier to say than do
Old Jun 24th 2012, 8:52 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato
I'm in the dark too
Money on them replying with an equally vague and non comital answer?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:08 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Whats up with the forum Every morning when I pop in it's like something from Kafka. I keep wondering what was so bad that there is all the censorship.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 9:14 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

its a slow period Jacky, so there isnt much to talk about, especially things that haven't been covered before, there are fewer posters around as well, but then some have pulled away rather than be subject to the mindless abuse for putting their personal viewpoint
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:22 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
It seems an awful pity that a couple of rogue posters, well known to the rest of the forum, disrupt some really sensible discussions by posting offensive comments under multiple identities.

We can all post daft things at times because we're human, but not continually, not with nastiness and totally without humour.
If you could see the mods room and see how easily seasoned mods pick up returning or multi posters (not even using an IP) then you might have an insight into how few multi posters there probably are on this forum. We are removing them all the time. They are stupid most of the time. They are more often than not instantly recognisable without even going on to the checks and profiles.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Whats up with the forum Every morning when I pop in it's like something from Kafka. I keep wondering what was so bad that there is all the censorship.
Not censorship ....... Someone posted a way that you can post on a forum whilst hiding an IP so that you could have multiple identities and not be detected. They however neglected to understand that the IP is not the only thing we have to look at. However, I'm sure none of us really want something like that advertised, do we
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:32 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

well I see from one thread that someone lots newer than I has had more posts deleted than me - in one thread !!
and his style of posting is "maturing" rapidly........
Old Jun 24th 2012, 1:42 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
well I see from one thread that someone lots newer than I has had more posts deleted than me - in one thread !!
and his style of posting is "maturing" rapidly........
And thats because I intervened .... but no one would know that would they
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:18 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

God almighty! Why the **** does this get discussed time and time and time again? Are you all so insecure with yourselves that this is what concerns you on a day to day basis?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:25 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Just a question about multiplr identities, have you ever tried to do it and been caught?

Have you done it and not been caught?

Would yo ever bother to try?

Or like me, is 1 virtual persona enough?

What do you think about the people that try to fool the mods?

I personally think it is a waste of time, better to be a whole than 2 halves.
God almighty! Why the **** does this get discussed time and time and time again? Are you all so insecure with yourselves that this is what concerns you on a day to day basis?
What has insecurity got to do with it?

As the thread starter, does my post sound like insecurity to you? because it was not written with that thought in mind, it was more a question about had anyone done it.
And tongue in cheek
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:31 pm
Straw Man.

What has insecurity got to do with it?

As the thread starter, does my post sound like insecurity to you? because it was not written with that thought in mind, it was more a question about had anyone done it.
And tongue in cheek
Who said I was talking to you? Why is it always about you? Mitzy came on the thread to tell everyone that the Mods had means to detect multiple posters but the forum Gaon came on to let everyone know that they knew who and where these mystical creatures are, not the Mods who have access to all sorts of details behind the scenes. Did you comment after Mitzy? No? So its not ALL about you, is it love?
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:35 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Who said I was talking to you? Why is it always about you? Mitzy came on the thread to tell everyone that the Mods had means to detect multiple posters but the forum Gaon came on to let everyone know that they knew who and where these mystical creatures are, not the Mods who have access to all sorts of details behind the scenes. Did you comment after Mitzy? No? So its not ALL about you, is it love?

NEXT
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:38 pm
Straw Man.

NEXT
Arrogance... thats part of the problem sooooo many on here have.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to know who they are, let us all know....

Well words to that effect, but putting it bluntly I must be as thick as the proverbial, or as naive as adam facing eve and her apple...........I remain clueless as to the grammatical patterns or their 'owners' are
Ho hum.
Old Jun 24th 2012, 2:46 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by fionamw
Well words to that effect, but putting it bluntly I must be as thick as the proverbial, or as naive as adam facing eve and her apple...........I remain clueless as to the grammatical patterns or their 'owners' are
Ho hum.
Basically its a lot of fuss about nothing. SOME of the more arrogant posters seem to think that if they are having an issue with a certain poster they must either be a returning poster or a multiple one because they couldn't possibly entertain the idea that more than one person thinks they are wrong! Its arrogance is that, instead of just accepting that some people don't share their views they firmly believe that everyone, and no doubt me including, has several alter egos on BE and they use them to form cliques....

Now I'm off to walk the dog, or could I be creating an alibi for when I log in as Mitzy (ever notice how we don't ever appear at the same time? Hmm?) and post YET AGAIN that its best to let the Mods deal with shit we don't know or care about!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.