Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

Wigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud of
Default Re: Multiple identities-have you tried it on BE or other forums?

I'm apparently a multiple-personality because I'm new and posted in a thread that got heated.
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:32 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wigglebury
I'm apparently a multiple-personality because I'm new and posted in a thread that got heated.
But I checked you out, and you aint
Old Mar 18th 2012, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

Wigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud ofWigglebury has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I ain't? I'm a real boy!
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:28 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I think we tend to forget that expats are not universally liked. We've abandoned our home countries for a better life in the sun. And often don't pay taxes in our home country any more.

That winds up a hell of a lot of people still at home. And then we bombard them with our new lives in the sun, blue skies on most days when they are lucky to see the sky once a week.

The stay-at-home makes his way to his local and buys a pint of lager, a packet of crisps and a packet of cigarettes which costs him a tenner; when he gets home he reads on a forum like this that some horrible expat gets the same beer, crisps and cigarettes for a third of what he has just paid.

So he sits down and writes something nasty on a forum. But he gets castigated or removed. So he uses a different name to spew out his hatred. And so it goes on.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 7:37 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Deluded.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 8:13 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I rest my case.
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:48 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

You can't know absolutely according to other posters

Anyway Wiggles nice to see you on another thread...maybe you will develop an interest in Spain one day
Old Mar 19th 2012, 10:50 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
You can't know absolutely according to other posters
Yes, and of course they always know best.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

darrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant future

One of the most annoying things for me is people who have no access to info or detail just assuming that a screen name is a multiple identity, often because they dont like their post.

I have a lot of info to hand for checking ID's and sadly I often do checks on new members and old.

There's a whole load of mods doing this right across the forums. Some multi names might last a short while, but most don't because (a) they are too damned stupid to disguise themselves and (b) we are more clever than they think
The OP started this thread after he and I had a small run in and another member alluded that I was somebody who had already been on these boards under another guise.

I am just glad the Mods have the means to know the truth.
Old Mar 20th 2012, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

darrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant futuredarrell1966 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by HBG
I think we tend to forget that expats are not universally liked. We've abandoned our home countries for a better life in the sun. And often don't pay taxes in our home country any more.

That winds up a hell of a lot of people still at home. And then we bombard them with our new lives in the sun, blue skies on most days when they are lucky to see the sky once a week.

The stay-at-home makes his way to his local and buys a pint of lager, a packet of crisps and a packet of cigarettes which costs him a tenner; when he gets home he reads on a forum like this that some horrible expat gets the same beer, crisps and cigarettes for a third of what he has just paid.

So he sits down and writes something nasty on a forum. But he gets castigated or removed. So he uses a different name to spew out his hatred. And so it goes on.
Is this honestly how you think people in the UK behave?

What a crazy twisted view
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:40 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me but do most of these "moving to Spain" new posters sound the same, just a few words altered here and there and the country they are coming from
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just me but do most of these "moving to Spain" new posters sound the same, just a few words altered here and there and the country they are coming from
Its the Mods trying to drum up what is becoming a fairly boring forum.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rotor
I would suggest it is because it is the Spanish section of a British ex-pat forum.

Not just a hat rack
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:04 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rotor
Please no criticising the Mods, they do a good job and are little thanked and even less appreciated.

it says so in the rules............
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 12:08 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Jacky I am sure if you looked back over the years you were here you would have seen the same starry eyed hopefuls coming along after a pleasant week on the old sun sea and sangria and now think that running a bar and serving roast beef and yorkshires is the way to end your days.
they go back faster than any
they give expats a bad name

my BH works in a multi-national environment with Germans, Dutch, Mexican, along with a few Brits and Spaniards, most have done over 5 years. The most senior are International expats, moving from one International job to another. An experience in another country speaks volumes on the old CV.

there is one noteable person missing after making a few posts that you did comment on earlier.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.