Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVISTAR PRICE INCREASE AGAIN!

MOVISTAR PRICE INCREASE AGAIN!

Old Apr 3rd 2019, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default MOVISTAR PRICE INCREASE AGAIN!

Regular forummers (?!!) will know I am usually positive about Movistar - I have Fusion Contigo package with landline + all calls, mobile + all calls and 10GB date, ADSL 100MB FO, some TV, option for 2nd mobile and roaming - the price this month has increased to 65€

Time for some cost cutting I thought - so I checked Orange who appeared to me to be offering a similar package for around 31€ for the first 12 months and then 44€ - so off I went to the Orange shop who quoted me 53,95 (reduced to 43,95 for first 4 months) overall a saving on Movistar of 172€ in the first year.

Then I went to tell Movistar they were now too expensive - their offer was to change to Fusion Cero for 48€ a month but service reduced to only 200 mins/2GB on the mobile (all other T and Cs the same) So as this was easy and (IMO) Orange had lied about their pricing I opted to change my Movistar contract as 200/2GB is enough for me anyway.

So why not review your comms costs - you might be able to make some savings. And yes I know there are probably some even better deals out there but I prefer one-stop shopping and staying with a major player.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVISTAR PRICE INCREASE AGAIN!

What you say makes sense, a lot of sense. We know we've been paying Movistar way over the top for at least 2 years. We're limited with providers here, but Euskaltel might be able to offer better.
Old Apr 3rd 2019, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVISTAR PRICE INCREASE AGAIN!

Thanks for your comment.

Well, the service is good - my ADSL availability is virtually 100% but they keep adding more features/capacity (not asked for) but then put the prices up. I think the secret is to try and get a package that only includes what you want/use and at a price you can afford.