Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVISTAR CONTIGO 50MB

MOVISTAR CONTIGO 50MB

Old Mar 9th 2017, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default MOVISTAR CONTIGO 50MB

A while ago I posted on how happy I was with Movistar and recommending their services. Recently, however, I have become disappointed because, although they were including more services (more mobile GB etc) the price kept rising despite having signed a contract for 60€ it is due to rise to 75€ (1/4/17)
So I went to my local Movistar shop and said I wanted to change to a cheaper contract - this I have now done.
Called Movistar Contigo 50MB - includes fixed line/free calls, 50MB ADSL, Mobile with 200 mins free calls, 4GB, and a second mobile line plus TV services on mobile devices all for 55€ p.m (ie 20€ cheaper than my old contract)
So now I am happy with Movistar again - check your contract you may have too many unwanted services which you can save money by changing.
Same probably applies to all other major providers.
Old Mar 9th 2017, 1:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVISTAR CONTIGO 50MB

Thank you for this information, I too have been notified about it going up yet again and decided to make contact but have not done so as yet so this information will be extremely useful to me.

Rosemary
Old Mar 9th 2017, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Because I had full TV services the shop told me I had to cancel those first direct with Movistar - which was ridiculous because these had been contracted in the shop. But this I did and then returned to the shop for final processing. So they may try and make it a bit tricky (although in all fairness I think it may be an option to do it all online) but it can be done.
By the way there is a site for saving money in Spain called moneysaver, they also have good ideas on saving money.
Old Mar 10th 2017, 7:43 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I just phoned them and I was told that there is no way of reducing my payment. He did offer me 2 months of having all of the channels free which I declined as I was pushing to pay less not gain more. Ended the call saying that I would have to look at other suppliers but still no joy so will have to go to one of their shops when I can and see if they are more flexible.

Rosemary
Old Mar 10th 2017, 8:00 am

Spoke to another person and asked about Contigo and they said that the television package is reduced to 8 channels in this system and it would also only be viewable on a laptop or tablet.

Rosemary
Old Mar 10th 2017, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I have had the original contract a while so maybe that made a difference or they are trying it on - there were other people in the shop doing the same thing. This giving us more (of things we don't want) I believe will mean they lose a lot of customers. Yes the Fusion Contigo TV is limited (for now!) but so what - we still have TDT and I would recommend Netflix, must more user friendly than the Movistar system.
I think they are forcing prices up because of loss of revenue because everyone calling via Whatsapp (and the like) and loss of roaming income.
I know how they waste money I have a friend who is PA to a very senior Movistar director in Madrid!

Last edited by spainrico; Mar 10th 2017 at 8:06 am.
Old May 4th 2017, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Just realised the free SMS has been removed from the new deal, they are sneaky! Anyway, thank God for Whatsapp!
Old May 4th 2017, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I just phoned them and I was told that there is no way of reducing my payment. He did offer me 2 months of having all of the channels free which I declined as I was pushing to pay less not gain more. Ended the call saying that I would have to look at other suppliers but still no joy so will have to go to one of their shops when I can and see if they are more flexible.

Rosemary
Had a similar fight some time ago and moved to Jazztel. Whole process quite painless, kept mobile numbers, myself and BH, received new Simcards and a flurry of text messages to inform of me of each step of the process including date and time of switch-over. Worked seamlessly and is cheaper.
Of course thereafter got a series of calls from Movistar offering all sorts of options, none of which seemed to be available when I was a customer
Old May 4th 2017, 5:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

My original fusion contract has just gone up but for me it still offers the best deal, prices in the UK are on the up as well, i guess we had better get used to it
Old Jun 1st 2017, 3:13 pm

Thought that I would update my experience.

Today I called to cancel call identification because it has suddenly appeared on the bill as an extra payment above the normal cost (no idea why now). Anyway I seemed to have someone newish to the job so I tried my luck again. Ended up he has put in a request that they remove the football channels and have given me two series channels in their place so that is one step forward for me because I do not watch any sports channels. I asked if there is any way that he could reduce my bill for me, he then talked about maybe changing things to another package but he was so unsure of himself that he said that he would not keep me on the phone any longer but would continue investigating for me.

So I did all the flattering noises of how good he was as an encouragement, keeping my fingers crossed.

Rosemary