Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain/working in Gib

Moving to Spain/working in Gib

Old Nov 24th 2006, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving to Spain/working in Gib

Hi all, hope you can help

We are currently living in Perth, and have been here for 9 months but unfortunately I have not settled, it is not that I don't like the place, although it is a little to slow for me, but the main problem which I suppose for most people is the pull of family. I have thought about sticking it out for 2 yrs to get the citizenship but not sure i can hang on that long.
I don't want to move back to the UK , And OH has just been offered a position in GIB which I think he will take, can anyone advise us on where the best places to live in Spain (could not afford to live in GIB) that is not too far away, as OH would like to keep his hobby of riding his bike to work (if at all poss, if not then scooter will have to do)I would like to live somewhere that has a good community feel and good schools.

I have thought about this and think we can still have the better lifestyle and the children can have a better upbringing, but still be close enough to see family...

Any advice would be most grateful,

Sandra
Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

helenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant futurehelenp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving to Spain/working in Gib

Originally Posted by sandrainaus

We are currently living in Perth, and have been here for 9 months but unfortunately I have not settled, it is not that I don't like the place, although it is a little to slow for me, but the main problem which I suppose for most people is the pull of family. I have thought about sticking it out for 2 yrs to get the citizenship but not sure i can hang on that long.
I don't want to move back to the UK , And OH has just been offered a position in GIB which I think he will take, can anyone advise us on where the best places to live in Spain (could not afford to live in GIB) that is not too far away, as OH would like to keep his hobby of riding his bike to work (if at all poss, if not then scooter will have to do)I would like to live somewhere that has a good community feel and good schools.

I have thought about this and think we can still have the better lifestyle and the children can have a better upbringing, but still be close enough to see family...

Sandra
Hi

Try search this forum for Gibraltar it has been covered before.

Helen
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Sandra
La Linea, Los Barrios.

A friend has just moved from Chiclana to Perth and misses her family here in Spain.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

Sandra
San Roque is very nice where all the Spanish went when Gib was taken over by the British. Wonderful views of Gib and the bay.