Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Jun 6th 2021, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain

Originally Posted by Martink73
Oh I see😱 what area were you in during your burglaries and was that the reason you left ? Where do you live now ? Thanks .
We lived in Montserrat, just on the outskirts.

The first break in I could lay at the door of complacency. The house had lain unoccupied for at least two years before we bought it and we lived there for three years without problem.
After first one I went to town on physical security, blocking up external doors, removing accesses and windows. However we were broken into again and it took a concerted effort, cables were cut, different points attempted to enter by and a great degree of force used at the point of entry. Luckily (?) we weren't present.
My neighbour (Spanish) also had attempts to break into his house. Others within half a kilometer radius, some with guard dogs, were broken into.
Yes, that was the reason we left. It seemed pretty obvious that they knew we were away at the time and that in itself was not a pleasant feeling.

As these individuals obviously were aware of who we are, we thought it best to leave the area. We now live in the Denia area.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Martink73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that’s made me think. Sorry to hear that. When did this all happen?
Old Jun 7th 2021, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

This was in 2017, we moved mid 2018 and I heard that subsequently my neighbour also moved.

As I said, it's possible that those responsible have been caught, moved on somewhere else or even retired and it isn't a problem now.

It's as well to know of any potential problems beforehand, that way it can at least help your decision making.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

Neighbors and can ruin a perfect homestead. Always a good ideal to try and meet more than one before buying and are also a good source of info on the local area.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately one robbery often begets a second (or even a 3rd) because the scumbags will expect their victims to have replaced what they lost, and with up latest up to date gear, so will return for a second bite.

I have a pal in UK who has a burglar alarm business and he says that the vast majority of his new business is from people who have already been burgled.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:28 am
Just Joined

I guess it could happen anywhere but nice to have a little history beforehand. Let’s just see what comes along forewarned etc. Thanks for your comments. Only a week to go then viva espana .
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Good luck with the trip and your subsequent move.

If you want any further information about the area let me know.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
You dont need anything done to enter Spain!. No vaccine, no PCR. Only thing is to make sure you can get the requisite test done for your return
has this not changed to 'vacinated with 2 doses, at least 14 days before flying, or a pcr' ?
Old Jun 7th 2021, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

I just need to find out from Ryanair if I need a PCR to fly !!!!! Next Mo day 😱
Old Jun 7th 2021, 3:56 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
has this not changed to 'vacinated with 2 doses, at least 14 days before flying, or a pcr' ?
No, that does not apply from the UK but it does from most other third countries. Personally I think it should apply to all travellers.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 4:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
This was my understanding too. According to a news item in my in box....

From this Monday 7 June, all travellers from outside the European Union and Schengen Zone can visit Spain, providing they have a certificate to show they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and that the second dose was received at least 14 days before travelling (or the first and only dose...

Rosemary
Old Jun 7th 2021, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Trying to get information from Ryanair whether I need a PCR test before I fly. Confusing so I’m just going to get a private one on Thursday as they are say check the Gov website. Better safe than being turned away at the airport with only a elk before I fly to Valencia.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Ryanair are selling 'pcr packs' - but with respect, its spains rules, not ryanairs, so why dont you ask spain? Look on the official pages.
Old Jun 7th 2021, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

It seems I’ve got to go by the UK foreign office rules ..... at moment get test 🙏🙏🙏
Old Jun 7th 2021, 8:27 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
This was my understanding too. According to a news item in my in box....

From this Monday 7 June, all travellers from outside the European Union and Schengen Zone can visit Spain, providing they have a certificate to show they have been fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and that the second dose was received at least 14 days before travelling (or the first and only dose...

Rosemary
As I said earlier, that does not apply to visitors from the UK

https://english.elpais.com/society/2021-05-25/spanish-tourism-sector-cheers-return-of-british-visitors-but-warns-recovery-rests-on-uk-lifting-restrictions.html

https://english.elpais.com/spanish_news/2021-05-21/travelers-from-the-uk-will-be-able-to-freely-enter-spain-from-monday-with-no-restrictions-and-no-coronavirus-test.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.