Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Jun 5th 2021, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Martink73 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Spain

Going to look at houses in the Valencia region in a couple of weeks. Jabs done PCR test next week. Then off for 10 days looking. Any thoughts and tips welcome.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 8:14 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Spain

I assume you have studied the requirements for residencia?
Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Yes hopefully getting an appointment for my NIE while I’m there.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martink73
Yes hopefully getting an appointment for my NIE while I’m there.
I might be completely wrong but the fact that you mention NIE after saying you know the residency requirements seems to suggest you think the two things are linked. Anyone who wants to buy a house etc can get a NIE but it has nothing to do with residency. If you are a EU passport holder then residency will require a little bit more than just getting a NIE but is not difficult. If a UK national it is much harder now plus if you wish to drive you will need to do a Spanish driving licence ( in Spanish). As I say I may be wrong and you are fully aware of all this- in which case fire away with your other questions
Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Hi thanks for that but at the moment it’s just a holiday house I’m looking at. The estate agent has been a help but I need to get all my ducks in a row before looking at residency at the moment, which may be a year or so off yet .
Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for that but at the moment it’s just a holiday house I’m looking at. The estate agent has been a help but I need to get all my ducks in a row before looking at residency at the moment, which may be a year or so off yet .
Fair enough. If you just want a holiday place then you probably want somewhere near the beach. Many British expats have properties south of Alicante. Lots of places to choose from. You probably cant go wrong as they are all fairly similar. North of Alicante is Javea which is popular and pretty but a bit more expensive. Really depends on you and what you envision Spain needs to offer
Old Jun 6th 2021, 9:47 am
Just Joined

We are looking at villas near montroy, monseratt and turis not too close to beaches .
Old Jun 6th 2021, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking at villas near montroy, monseratt and turis not too close to beaches .
I know that area quite well.
We lived there for four years.

I assume that you will be looking at "villa" type dwellings. If so, be aware that a lot were built as weekend homes for people from the city. Consequently you can find that the build quality might not be what you expect and for full time living other adaptations might be needed.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by VEDShappy
I know that area quite well.
We lived there for four years.

I assume that you will be looking at "villa" type dwellings. If so, be taware that a lot were built as weekend homes for people from the city. Consequently you can find that the build quality might not be what you expect and for full time living other adaptations might be needed.
thank you. Online they look ok but that’s the idea of going to look. Jumping through all the health hoops to get there. I’m sure the 10 days isolation will be worth it on our return to Blighty.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 11:06 am
Just Joined

Good memories of the area I hope
Old Jun 6th 2021, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Going to look at houses in the Valencia region in a couple of weeks. Jabs done PCR test next week. Then off for 10 days looking. Any thoughts and tips welcome.
You dont need anything done to enter Spain!. No vaccine, no PCR. Only thing is to make sure you can get the requisite test done for your return
Old Jun 6th 2021, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

VEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond reputeVEDShappy has a reputation beyond repute

Good memories of the area I hope
Initially yes.
Everything that we wanted was within easy reach, the house took some work but we knew that when we bought it.
Being burgled for the second time took the shine off the place for us.
There was an ongoing problem with burglaries in the area, on the night we were broken into for the second time our house was one of seven in the area. Whether that is still a problem there I've no idea, it would do no harm to ask the agent and the local Police.
Old Jun 6th 2021, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

Just checking re the PCR test to fly with Ryanair
Old Jun 6th 2021, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

El Campello is a good area for houses - Villajoyosa for village life. Not full of english unless its a townhouse on one of the few urbanizacións or camping areas.

Old Jun 6th 2021, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

Oh I see😱 what area were you in during your burglaries and was that the reason you left ? Where do you live now ? Thanks .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.