Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO SPAIN

MOVING TO SPAIN

Old Feb 11th 2015, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

kgamble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MOVING TO SPAIN

can someone tell me please, the best way to find employment in Spain (costa del sol or costa blanca as we are thinking of moving over.

Thanks
Old Feb 11th 2015, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Neptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond reputeNeptuno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MOVING TO SPAIN

I think you should look at previous threads on employment by using the search facility.
It will be only too clear that you would be better off staying in the UK, unless you are wealthy enough to live in Spain without having to work.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 7:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kgamble
can someone tell me please, the best way to find employment in Spain (costa del sol or costa blanca as we are thinking of moving over.

Thanks
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 11th 2015, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kgamble

Thanks
Identify a gap in the market and start a business which employs you, you would be very lucky to otherwise find employment in the current climate.
Old Feb 11th 2015, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing as to employment opportunities in Spain with my working life over and with some support from final pension schemes and again a bit of capital.

However one does not know your area of expertise or indeed (and we do not wish to know) your financial structure.

What is apparent is that the EU is struggling with the Greek effect and which is reflected in a strong £. We shipped this am not that far short of 1.35 to the £.

In 2001 when we arrived in France it was 1.675.

These are troubled times and May 7th is ahead of us. Perhaps it would be helpful to sit on one's hands for a little while do some planning and build up a nest egg. No one would wish to stifle your enthusiasm but sit back for a little while. We go to Spain on a long term rent in March but as I said our working lives are over and employment in Spain continues to be somewhat problematical.

Whatever you decide to do take care plan well research particularly well and the very best of luck
Old Feb 12th 2015, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

spitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond reputespitfire58 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Porth
I know nothing as to employment opportunities in Spain with my working life over and with some support from final pension schemes and again a bit of capital.

However one does not know your area of expertise or indeed (and we do not wish to know) your financial structure.

What is apparent is that the EU is struggling with the Greek effect and which is reflected in a strong £. We shipped this am not that far short of 1.35 to the £.

In 2001 when we arrived in France it was 1.675.

These are troubled times and May 7th is ahead of us. Perhaps it would be helpful to sit on one's hands for a little while do some planning and build up a nest egg. No one would wish to stifle your enthusiasm but sit back for a little while. We go to Spain on a long term rent in March but as I said our working lives are over and employment in Spain continues to be somewhat problematical.

Whatever you decide to do take care plan well research particularly well and the very best of luck
Old Feb 12th 2015, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

time4tea is an unknown quantity at this point

You cant simply get an answer from a question like that on a forum. We have no clue what your skillset is and it's really up to you to come over here and do some legwork. What I can tell you is that unemployment is FAR higher than in the UK and there are some scary figures like over 50% of people under 25 are out of work. You pretty much have two options, if you have a rare and sought after skill, you may have a chance (doubtfull though or you wouldn't be asking here). Or, your second option would be to find some seasonal work, barwork, handing out leaflets at resorts, etc. However, I very much doubt that anything like that would sustain you year round and most that do things like that are students who use it as a bit of 'beer money' to supplement their holiday.