Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Moving to Spain

Old Dec 26th 2007, 5:12 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving to Spain

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
If Mexico is more civilized than Spain (that is not in fact what I read of some mexicans citizens in its day, like the director Guillermo del Toro), being Mexico a country where the corruption is practically institutionalized in the system since the government until the authorities, as the police, for example (a country with one of the highest indexes of crime rate in the world next to Brazil). For not speaking of cases so horrendous as in Ciudad Juarez, something really unthinkable in Europe

Nevertheless I won't judge the Mexicans in the same way that you make it you with the Spaniards, concretely with those of southern Spain

And you tell me why reason you makes similar comment, what has happened to you in southern Spain. Also, you tell me of where is you concretely (supposing that you don't have complex in telling it to me), so that I takes notes and learn of the values of your land or of your country.

Blah blah blah.

There is an index run by an International organisation that has put Spain into the top 20 corrupt countries in the world, Mexico was there too.

It was said in jest, its not possible too judge every little piece of a country.

As i can`t you people also cannot.

Think about it.

And sonofSpain we all know your about as Spanish as an Englishmen.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
What does your son think about the new situation?
Hi we are moving to fuengirola on the 27th dec are daughter is 17 years old. She is a bit worried about making friends etc but hopefully we can worry about that when we get there. What does your boy like to do?
i dont know if there is anywhere the young people hang out if i find out i will let you know
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
There is an index run by an International organisation that has put Spain into the top 20 corrupt countries in the world, Mexico was there too.
I don't know which index you have in mind, but this one has Spain at number 25 of the least corrupt countries.
It's all based on surveys so there is no hint at accuracy. BTW the UK comes in at number 12, with France at 19 - just one ahead of the USA

On their "livable" index, the UK comes in at number 18, and Spain at 19. Obviously everyone has their own criteria
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:14 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete_l
I don't know which index you have in mind, but this one has Spain at number 25 of the least corrupt countries.
It's all based on surveys so there is no hint at accuracy. BTW the UK comes in at number 12, with France at 19 - just one ahead of the USA

On their "livable" index, the UK comes in at number 18, and Spain at 19. Obviously everyone has their own criteria
They obviously only asked the council wallas then, and didn`t bother to google it. lol

Last edited by jdr; Dec 26th 2007 at 6:17 am.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

This was a thread about moving to Spain.

I do stress that I wanted to keep this lighthearted and I would like to reassure certain people that - comparisons aside - we are still moving to Spain in February.

Wherever you live and wherever you come from does not matter, I was taught that "Home is where the heart is" and you are part of and make your own surroundings.

I would like to feel at home on this forum and I certainly would not like to offend anyone so if I did - Mea Culpa! However, I do believe that certain people need to translate and/or read the smilies.

I also like to keep statistics :
Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:15 am
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Another spot of virtual malarkey.....and as usual SOS73 is in the middle of it!

I'll make no comment otherwise it'll get nuked by The Man!

(Though I'll do a translation for SOS....which has to be the funnist Babelfish result yet)

Another place of virtual foolishness. ....And as usual SOS73 is in the medium one of it!

I will not comment of another way will be attacked with nuclear weapon by The Man!

Old Dec 26th 2007, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future
Question Re: Moving to Spain

sorry am i missing something
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by happybunny
sorry am i missing something
You are missing or seeing SOS73 wreaking havock. The word "ignore" springs to mind.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to beholdAdrianTO is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jorgi
You are missing or seeing SOS73 wreaking havock. The word "ignore" springs to mind.
Sorry, but I don't think SOS is the biggest culprit. There are a couple of people on here who like goading him on. They know who they are. Combine that with SOS responding and almost every decent thread is ruined. The Mods here appear to be quite lenient.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 1:48 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
Sorry, but I don't think SOS is the biggest culprit. There are a couple of people on here who like goading him on. They know who they are. Combine that with SOS responding and almost every decent thread is ruined. The Mods here appear to be quite lenient.
Not like in the Maple Leaf then Adrian? I hope you'll be happy here, please don't come back.
Old Dec 26th 2007, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happybunny
Hi we are moving to fuengirola on the 27th dec are daughter is 17 years old. She is a bit worried about making friends etc but hopefully we can worry about that when we get there. What does your boy like to do?
i dont know if there is anywhere the young people hang out if i find out i will let you know
Yesterday I could not respond you to the moment. I don't believe that your children have problems in finding social life and with people of their age. In Andalusia there are many of your countrymen, even in areas as Almeria. I remember that in October 2003 I saw a report in television about the british in Spain (in this case, people that came to live and to work) and among some of them there was a young couple, and they commented something similar with your problem, the adaptation of the children, although this couple's children didn't have problems, they had adapted quite well and they were happy. Even I remember that a british promoter and the daughter of another marriage (I believe that she would have 14 or 15 years) they had a perfect Spanish. Nor accent
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

andreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really nice

Hi everyone. i am new to this forum although i have been to this site. your comments on Spanish life is quite interesting. i am looking to move to Spain at the end of May to start up a language school (mainly english, plus spanish) in Malaga. Do you think there is an interest in learning english? also do you think it's possible to recruit good qualified english teachers? i have an MA in TEFL and a few years teaching/management. i also read about how difficult it is for teachers to find decent jobs. Having been a teacher myself i aspire to run my company properly and pay a good wage. any thoughts on these? your response will be much appreciated.Andrea
Old Dec 31st 2007, 1:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianTO
We try to let everyone have their opinions and obviously some of the threads may go off track a little with the banter etc. but usually after it has been answered.
I have been on a few sites and have yet to find one where the answer to the question is the only thing posted, the answers are usually varied owing to peoples opinions on the subject in hand.
Anyone`s opinions you don`t like then just put them on ignore, if you find a thread or post offensive then just report it, an email will be sent to admin and the mods and one of them will deal with it accordingly to the site rules.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:04 am
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

The 2007 Transparency International Corruption Index lists Spain jointly with Uruguay.They came 25 from the top.

Denmark was No 1, the UK came joint 12.

Slovakia and Estonia were 26,27.
Old Dec 31st 2007, 3:06 am
Banned

As regards SOS doesn`t anybody notice every thread results in an arguement for or against him.

I bet he loves it.

Can`t we just ignore him/her/it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.