Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving to Spain

Wikiposts

Moving to Spain

Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Jorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud ofJorgi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Moving to Spain

Originally Posted by XTreme
He hit the nail on the head there! It needed saying!
These people who sow weed need to be exposed for what they really are!
I want some--I want some (If its cheap)
Old Jan 4th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

andreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really nice

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
Reading what you say, I don't understand why you live in Spain, if so miserable you find our money and our economy. This in my land has a name: incongruity. Or maybe it is that you are masochistic...I don't know, I ask you

But good, don't worry that your specialty is to sow weed
i have been living in the UK for 5 years, i am not your typical foreigner, i mix with the english, not with other foreigners. my partner is english, my mother in law is english, i cook traditional english food, i work with english law and i even speak english. properly. there are a lot of things i like about england and a lot i don't. because of the things i dislike, i am going to move, but at the same time i realise all the good things i have got out of being here so i am trying to be grateful and don't criticise harshly. of course i have my own opinion but i would never upset the natives of my chosen country.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andreavarga
i have been living in the UK for 5 years, i am not your typical foreigner, i mix with the english, not with other foreigners. my partner is english, my mother in law is english, i cook traditional english food, i work with english law and i even speak english. properly. there are a lot of things i like about england and a lot i don't. because of the things i dislike, i am going to move, but at the same time i realise all the good things i have got out of being here so i am trying to be grateful and don't criticise harshly. of course i have my own opinion but i would never upset the natives of my chosen country.
Well said,have to agree with both yourself and SoS,there is good and bad in all countries (inc UK).Couldnt understand why there is so much negativity in the posts on this forum,if Spain is so bad,why not just go home?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:21 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lcortez
Well said,have to agree with both yourself and SoS,there is good and bad in all countries (inc UK).Couldnt understand why there is so much negativity in the posts on this forum,if Spain is so bad,why not just go home?
There is only negativity from certain posters, now ordinarily I would have an issue with people coming onto an Expat forum and spreading negativity, as I have always done in the past but some people think I am being nasty to them so I will leave them to slowly destroy the forum with their negative crap.

Its getting serious around here lately isn't it?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:24 pm
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Reading what you say, I don't understand why you live in Spain,
I have Spanish family and i work in the UK.

if so miserable you find our money and our economy. This in my land has a name: incongruity. Or maybe it is that you are masochistic...I don't know, I ask you
Touchy, my wife told here Sister were moving back to the UK, she doesn`t blame us, and restated we were made to go back to Spain in the first place.

She also asked if we could find her a good English course as she may move to the UK in a year or two as since she left University cannot get a job.

But good, don't worry that your specialty is to sow weed
any chance of translating that to an understandable statement please.

Last edited by lee8; Jan 4th 2008 at 10:27 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:38 pm
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There is only negativity from certain posters, now ordinarily I would have an issue with people coming onto an Expat forum and spreading negativity, as I have always done in the past but some people think I am being nasty to them so I will leave them to slowly destroy the forum with their negative crap.

Its getting serious around here lately isn't it?
Well the beaches are wet, although in the Costa Del Sol there is a problem with human waste being pumped into the sea and causing a slimmy green mass to wash up on some beaches and the boats for cleaning said sludge the Junta promised are three years late.

The weathers good in Summer 43 degrees is great, especially in the feria in August you get to sweat all that crapand beer out through the pores of the skin.

Great Paella and Sardines on the beach for only 2.50.

You don`t rush around like in the UK, there`s no point planning anything, it never goes your own way.

You get to cool down in Winter, currently my wife is wearing three layers of clothing and a scarf sitting under a blanket.As there`s no gas piped into the area, you can`t have central heating so your gas bills reduce which is great.

Cars a cheaper new, i luved mine for about 2 days, then i find out Andulucians call bumpers literally and they use them to bump when getting into a parking space which works for them, but cost me 500.00 Euros to repair the damage.

Never buy a new car in a country where there all fuxed and full of dents, there not bad drivers, they just don`t give a crap.

Sorry that was a negative.

The >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is great in Spain, when i think what >>>>>>>>>>>>> is i`ll let you all no.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:47 pm
Banned

You should read some Spanish sites that mention Guiri`s then.

I know not everybody is the same but that goes both ways, not all Spaniards are noble creatures.

But this is a site for disscussing Spain, it can`t be helped if people find negatives about Spain, go to the other countries sites you`ll find similar.

The world isn`t perfect, but when you have people hear that go on holiday a few times, think that nice waiter who was polite reflects the country, they then decide to move to that paradise, they need some guidance and reality.

I remember speaking to some brits who have lost all there money buying a property in Elviria Costa Del Sol from an agent selling them an apt that was so illegal anybody with Spanish knowledge wouldn`t have touched and then finding on the week before getting the keys, the Policia seize the appartments as there involved in Malaya case, they said well the Spanish agent was so nice and very friendly, they handed over the 280,000 Euros.Now they still don`t have the apt but have to carry on paying the mortgage.

Sometimes it`s good to find out Spain isn`t a crime free zone and suffers from very very very very huge corruption that Brits don`t get to see in the UK.

Last edited by lee8; Jan 4th 2008 at 10:50 pm.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lee8
Sorry that was a negative.

The >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> is great in Spain, when i think what >>>>>>>>>>>>> is i`ll let you all no.
Lee you are talking to me like I have never been to Spain mate, I know the down sides to the country, I have experienced more of the seedy, nasty, gritty side of Spain than most of the people on here, but you know what?
I love the place, because I don't have any hangups with life, I don't NEED to find fault in everything that life throws me, I'm not a cynical, bitter twisted bastard that feels life owes them a living and until I find that missing element I will keep moaning about my lot.

All I will say is that the people on here, the ones who have been here a while, are not afraid to tell people the dangers of life in Spain, hell I got into all kinds of crap this year for daring to tell Big Pete that Spain wasn't the Eden that he STILL thinks it may be, but what we don't need is someone swanning in and attacking every single "newbie" or potential "newbie to Spain" when they post.

I am active on a couple of other sites and this kind of "negative aggression" is absent from any of the other sites, and all it will do is scare people off BE.

If you have had a bad experience in Spain I'm sorry, but believe me, it couldn't even come close to my bad experience and I still love the country.

Just give people a break eh?
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

Do agree that Spain is not all perfect,have stated in prev posts that crime rate is about same as UK,and any one over the age of 10 should know people are the same every where (am now at the grand age of 19),and yes, alot of people appear to leave there brain behind when considering a move to Spain!
However, there are a lot of positives about living in Spain,weather,laid back life,like for like prop prices etc etc
Life is what you make it,anywhere!,if you only focus on the negative,you will only get negatives!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:36 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by lcortez
Do agree that Spain is not all perfect,have stated in prev posts that crime rate is about same as UK,and any one over the age of 10 should know people are the same every where (am now at the grand age of 19),and yes, alot of people appear to leave there brain behind when considering a move to Spain!
However, there are a lot of positives about living in Spain,weather,laid back life,like for like prop prices etc etc
Life is what you make it,anywhere!,if you only focus on the negative,you will only get negatives!
Couldn't agree more my man, couldn't agree more.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Lee you are talking to me like I have never been to Spain mate, I know the down sides to the country, I have experienced more of the seedy, nasty, gritty side of Spain than most of the people on here, but you know what?
I`m not talking direct to anybody.

I love the place, because I don't have any hangups with life, I don't NEED to find fault in everything that life throws me, I'm not a cynical, bitter twisted bastard that feels life owes them a living and until I find that missing element I will keep moaning about my lot.
Hey were very similar then, I too have never felt anybody owes me anything.

All I will say is that the people on here, the ones who have been here a while, are not afraid to tell people the dangers of life in Spain, hell I got into all kinds of crap this year for daring to tell Big Pete that Spain wasn't the Eden that he STILL thinks it may be, but what we don't need is someone swanning in and attacking every single "newbie" or potential "newbie to Spain" when they post.
Thats why I speak about personnal experiences without aiming at anybody, everybody who wants to move to Spain should give it a go, you can only experience life if you take it on, thats why when people say to me I was stupid to have gone in the first place i can comment on there experience of what happened in Eastenders in 2005,2006 and 2007.

I am active on a couple of other sites and this kind of "negative aggression" is absent from any of the other sites, and all it will do is scare people off BE.
Well if negativity scares them of the site then they really should think twice about a different culture.

And this site has more issues to do with that pack of numpties that show up when a thread is boring and just talk crap very close to the rules so as to stop the thread as they believe it`s boring.

Belonging to that kinda group is far more damaging than comments towards Spain.

If you have had a bad experience in Spain I'm sorry, but believe me, it couldn't even come close to my bad experience and I still love the country.

Just give people a break eh?
I`ll carry on within the rules thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I find stupendous than you are foreign and you live in United Kingdom, and the things go you well. And if I lived in United Kingdom (that is not the case), I would also mix with the population, respecting their people, their customs, their language, and I would not enter to a forum in Spanish or in any other forum for to defame nor to insult the UK population by my personal prejudices

I don't know what you want to tell me, but if you are insinuating that I am insulting at Lee8, you are very wrong. I have answered to something that says. This person has a mania toward me (and I don't know why) since I began to differ with him by topics of history of Spain. And when I differed with this person, I always made it with education (because I never insult if I don't receive insults). I believed that the thing would stagnate there, but since then, this person opens threads about Spain or him answers in a very provocative way. I am ignoring all that him says, but here I have not been able to avoid to omit his answer

The problem is not of now

UK are many more things than people of this caliber, fortunately

Last edited by Relampago; Jan 5th 2008 at 1:54 am.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

andreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really niceandreavarga is just really nice

I find stupendous than you are foreign and you live in United Kingdom, and the things go you well. And if I lived in United Kingdom (that is not the case), I would also mix with the population, and I would not enter to a forum in Spanish for to defame nor to insult the UK population by my personal prejudices

I don't know what you want to tell me, but if you are insinuating that I am insulting at Lee8, you are very wrong. I have answered to something that says. This person has a mania toward me (and I don't know why) since I began to differ with him by topics of history of Spain. And when I differed with this person, I always made it with education (because I never insult if I don't receive insults). I believed that the thing would stagnate there, but since then, this person opens threads about Spain or him answers in a very provocative way. I am ignoring all that him says, but here I have not been able to avoid to omit his answer

The problem is not of now

UK are many more things than people of this caliber, fortunately
come on sonofspain, i was totally defending you (so were those who reacted to my comment) and agreeing with you!!!!
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

come on sonofspain, i was totally defending you (so were those who reacted to my comment) and agreeing with you!!!!
i think after the heated discussion above, we can all agree that there is something true in each and every comment. to sum it up, ther are good and not so good things in every country, however we really should not slag each other's countries off at least out ot sheer politeness. one is entitled to an opinion and can say it but in a courteous manner. we call ourselves civilized after all. any opinion on that?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Absoloutly,a point well made

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.