Reload this Page >

Moving to Sevilla

Moving to Sevilla

Old Jan 26th 2014, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

elenw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Sevilla

Hi,

I'm hoping to move to from the UK to Sevilla later in the year - possibly to Barcelona in time - and so will probably have a lot of questions (!!), but for now I'm planning a 'scouting' trip in May to have a look around Sevilla, particularly re: places to live, how/where to shop in Spain and just to get a general feel for how/where everything is.

No, I haven't been there before, but my business partner (British but currently working in the Far East) would like to settle in Spain and loved living there, so I'm happy to follow him with our business but want to get a feel for it myself.

Does anyone on the forum currently live there, and do you have any advice on places I 'must' see within a week or two's visit - or indeed the best part of the city to stay in (my daughter and I are considering a hotel on B&B basis, so we can travel around and eat out in the day/evening).

All advice most gratefully accepted!!

El
Old Jan 26th 2014, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Sevilla

An possible alternative to hotels is private rentals, if you were contemplating just having bed and breakfast, breakfast is something easy you could knock up yourself.
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/sevilla?source=bb
Old Jan 26th 2014, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elenw
Hi,

I'm hoping to move to from the UK to Sevilla later in the year - possibly to Barcelona in time - and so will probably have a lot of questions (!!), but for now I'm planning a 'scouting' trip in May to have a look around Sevilla, particularly re: places to live, how/where to shop in Spain and just to get a general feel for how/where everything is.

No, I haven't been there before, but my business partner (British but currently working in the Far East) would like to settle in Spain and loved living there, so I'm happy to follow him with our business but want to get a feel for it myself.

Does anyone on the forum currently live there, and do you have any advice on places I 'must' see within a week or two's visit - or indeed the best part of the city to stay in (my daughter and I are considering a hotel on B&B basis, so we can travel around and eat out in the day/evening).

El
Sevilla is a beautiful city, but to live there you would need to be prepared for the very high summer temperatures, over 40C for weeks on end.

We like to visit each year (in November!) and last year we stayed at The Boutike Hostel (their spelling not mine, I hasten to add!):-

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/sevo...tal&lang=en-gb

We had a double ensuite room which was just as good as a hotel, and found it great value for money at €42 per night including a good breakfast (amongst other things, crepes and waffles made to order), free tea and coffee available from the kitchen all day (just help yourself) and even free glasses of wine.
Old Jan 26th 2014, 8:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elenw
Hi,

El
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 26th 2014, 9:49 pm
Dxf
BE Forum Addict

Dxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond reputeDxf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
An possible alternative to hotels is private rentals, if you were contemplating just having bed and breakfast, breakfast is something easy you could knock up yourself.
https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/sevilla?source=bb
Hola

By not having breakfast in a street café watching the world go by, you would be depriving yourself of taking in the best part of the day.

One of the real joys for me is to go out for desayuno; I pay between 1-60 in the pensioner´s centre to an expensive 2-20 in the patiseria in Ayamonte.

Davexf