Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving Sabadell app to a new phone.

Moving Sabadell app to a new phone.

Old Sep 22nd 2023, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving Sabadell app to a new phone.

Has anyone had recent experience of setting up / moving the Sabadell banking app from one phone to another (if indeed it can only exist on one). Ive searched online and can’t get a clear answer.

cheers.
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Sabadell app to a new phone.

Can't remember it being a problem - Sabadell actually says

For security, make sure that you delete the app from your old phone. The service will carry on as before, but you'll need to download the app again on your new phone from the relevant app store.

(Assuming its the same number)
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 7:18 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Just use the transfer process to transfer apps from the old to the new phone. If the app works on the new phone without needing you to reregister then job done. Otherwise reregister the app on the new phone.

Then whatever happened delete the app from the old phone.

(Also if the app works on the new phone without reregistering then the bank are doing something wrong, but that wasn't your question...)
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Just use the transfer process to transfer apps from the old to the new phone. If the app works on the new phone without needing you to reregister then job done. Otherwise reregister the app on the new phone.

Then whatever happened delete the app from the old phone.

(Also if the app works on the new phone without reregistering then the bank are doing something wrong, but that wasn't your question...)
I’m familiar with setting up a new phone but as you say most banking / finance apps don’t transfer over as simply as many other regular apps and they all differ in how easy or hard it is to set up. For example to move HSBC you have to allow it to be moved in the old app before it can be set up on the new device either that or you have to call HSBC. I’ve known a couple of people wipe their phones before realising. I was just wondering ahead of time before I do mine tomorrow.

Old Sep 22nd 2023, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
Has anyone had recent experience of setting up / moving the Sabadell banking app from one phone to another (if indeed it can only exist on one). Ive searched online and can’t get a clear answer.

cheers.
Can't say that I've ever had any problems moving the Sabadell app to a different phone. I used the SmartSwitch app for moving all apps etc to my new Samsung galaxy.

Steve
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

I get the convenience of wholesale transferring from one phone to another, done it myself but only as part of the process of replacing the faulty motherboard in my wife's Samsung.

In terms of banking or other financial apps though I can't imagine there being any tangible advantage in transferring them as opposed to doing a fresh install.

Old Sep 23rd 2023, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
I get the convenience of wholesale transferring from one phone to another, done it myself but only as part of the process of replacing the faulty motherboard in my wife's Samsung.

In terms of banking or other financial apps though I can't imagine there being any tangible advantage in transferring them as opposed to doing a fresh install.
agreed but some of them are not as simple as a fresh install without some kind of interaction with the old one or some of the more stringent involve a complete new setup which can include making videos of yourself, reloading ID etc. just to make sure it’s the account holder. They vary a lot from country to country.