British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Moving Sabadell app to a new phone. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/moving-sabadell-app-new-phone-949369/)

UKMS Sep 22nd 2023 5:58 pm

Moving Sabadell app to a new phone.

Has anyone had recent experience of setting up / moving the Sabadell banking app from one phone to another (if indeed it can only exist on one). Ive searched online and can’t get a clear answer.

cheers.

spainrico Sep 22nd 2023 6:24 pm

Re: Moving Sabadell app to a new phone.

Can't remember it being a problem - Sabadell actually says

For security, make sure that you delete the app from your old phone. The service will carry on as before, but you'll need to download the app again on your new phone from the relevant app store.

(Assuming its the same number)

DLC Sep 22nd 2023 7:18 pm

Just use the transfer process to transfer apps from the old to the new phone. If the app works on the new phone without needing you to reregister then job done. Otherwise reregister the app on the new phone.

Then whatever happened delete the app from the old phone.

(Also if the app works on the new phone without reregistering then the bank are doing something wrong, but that wasn't your question...)

UKMS Sep 22nd 2023 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by DLC (Post 13217453)
Just use the transfer process to transfer apps from the old to the new phone. If the app works on the new phone without needing you to reregister then job done. Otherwise reregister the app on the new phone.

Then whatever happened delete the app from the old phone.

(Also if the app works on the new phone without reregistering then the bank are doing something wrong, but that wasn't your question...)

I’m familiar with setting up a new phone but as you say most banking / finance apps don’t transfer over as simply as many other regular apps and they all differ in how easy or hard it is to set up. For example to move HSBC you have to allow it to be moved in the old app before it can be set up on the new device either that or you have to call HSBC. I’ve known a couple of people wipe their phones before realising. I was just wondering ahead of time before I do mine tomorrow.

tebo53 Sep 22nd 2023 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by UKMS (Post 13217441)
Has anyone had recent experience of setting up / moving the Sabadell banking app from one phone to another (if indeed it can only exist on one). Ive searched online and can’t get a clear answer.

cheers.

Can't say that I've ever had any problems moving the Sabadell app to a different phone. I used the SmartSwitch app for moving all apps etc to my new Samsung galaxy.

Steve

Notdunroamin Sep 23rd 2023 7:15 am

I get the convenience of wholesale transferring from one phone to another, done it myself but only as part of the process of replacing the faulty motherboard in my wife's Samsung.

In terms of banking or other financial apps though I can't imagine there being any tangible advantage in transferring them as opposed to doing a fresh install.

UKMS Sep 23rd 2023 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin (Post 13217501)
I get the convenience of wholesale transferring from one phone to another, done it myself but only as part of the process of replacing the faulty motherboard in my wife's Samsung.

In terms of banking or other financial apps though I can't imagine there being any tangible advantage in transferring them as opposed to doing a fresh install.

agreed but some of them are not as simple as a fresh install without some kind of interaction with the old one or some of the more stringent involve a complete new setup which can include making videos of yourself, reloading ID etc. just to make sure it’s the account holder. They vary a lot from country to country.