Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Moving over in May and will need a Gestor, any recommendations?

Moving over in May and will need a Gestor, any recommendations?

Old Jan 12th 2009, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Moving over in May and will need a Gestor, any recommendations?

I'm sure that when we make our move to Sayalonga we will have a pile of tasks with which we will need help from a Gestor. So looking for recommendations for an English speaking Gestor in the Competa/Torrox or even Nerja areas.

Searches of this forum and others have turned up tantalising references to good Gestors, especially one in Torrox who has been mentioned in a couple of threads, but none have included any contact details. Please PM me if you don't want to make your recommendation public.
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:51 pm
Just Joined

debbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nicedebbieandkeith is just really nice
Default Re: Moving over in May and will need a Gestor, any recommendations?

Hi
Teresa in torrox village is who we use, she is very good, sorted our car transfer and help in setting up our buisness. We find her very helpful and she speaks very good english. her email is [email protected]

hope this helps
Old Jan 12th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

bob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond reputebob_day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbieandkeith
Hi
Teresa in torrox village is who we use, she is very good, sorted our car transfer and help in setting up our buisness. We find her very helpful and she speaks very good english. her email is [email protected]

hope this helps
Theresa, that's one name that has popped up in a couple of places. Thx
Old Jan 12th 2009, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

It's good to see a few more posts than normal from people who are moving over to Spain in the near future, was getting a little worried that everyone had stopped making the move due to the current economic climate. Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smartmove
It's good to see a few more posts than normal from people who are moving over to Spain in the near future, was getting a little worried that everyone had stopped making the move due to the current economic climate. Good luck with the move, hope it all goes well!
Thanks. We are really looking forward to the move in spite of all the doom and gloom spread on the forums.

I guess we are luckier than many who have made the move in the past as we already have a home to move in to and will not be looking to work. It'll be a snap :-)
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving over in May and will need a Gestor, any recommendations?

We start our journey south at the Chunnel Portal at 09.05 on the 31st January but don't know where the food parcels will come from!
Old Jan 12th 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John & Kath
We start our journey south at the Chunnel Portal at 09.05 on the 31st January but don't know where the food parcels will come from!
We haven't settled on a date as yet. We are coming over for a month from mod-march and will be driving down from Bilbao. Could probably drop some food out of the window as we head along the motorway :-)

We are expecting the one way trip to be around mid May

All the best for your trip, and of course afterwards
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bob_day
Theresa, that's one name that has popped up in a couple of places. Thx
Hi Bob got your message on the Sayalonga site unfortunately the only reply to date, I had also found a reference to this Gestor in Torrox and was thinking of using them for next years none residents tax form filling. Unfortunately although we will be visiting Sayalonga in May it will just be for a short trip we wont be able to move over full time for a couple more years mores the pity. Where abouts is your house in the village or campo? ours is a little house just after the post office towards the end of the village. Hope all goes well for your move over never know we may bump into each other.
Bob
Old Jan 12th 2009, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bobd22
Hi Bob got your message on the Sayalonga site unfortunately the only reply to date, I had also found a reference to this Gestor in Torrox and was thinking of using them for next years none residents tax form filling. Unfortunately although we will be visiting Sayalonga in May it will just be for a short trip we wont be able to move over full time for a couple more years mores the pity. Where abouts is your house in the village or campo? ours is a little house just after the post office towards the end of the village. Hope all goes well for your move over never know we may bump into each other.
Bob
Hi Bob

Ahh that Sayalonga forum. Is it just me or is it the most user unfriendly forum in the history of forums. I find it impossible to use and it's just pot luck if I manage to post something, and that's with it in English mode

We are 1.5Km out of the village so I guess we should be classed campo. But in reality we are maybe 200m off the Competa to Sayalonga road so no miles of tracks for us. The journey to some of the homes we looked when house hunting would make even the most comfortable track driver's eyes water.

We can walk into Sayalonga without to much problem. Walking back, maybe a little mellower would be a completely different challenge.

I'll look out for you when we are picking up the post. In the summer migh appreciate a cold beer in preparation for walking back up to the car park.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bob

Ahh that Sayalonga forum. Is it just me or is it the most user unfriendly forum in the history of forums. I find it impossible to use and it's just pot luck if I manage to post something, and that's with it in English mode

We are 1.5Km out of the village so I guess we should be classed campo. But in reality we are maybe 200m off the Competa to Sayalonga road so no miles of tracks for us. The journey to some of the homes we looked when house hunting would make even the most comfortable track driver's eyes water.

We can walk into Sayalonga without to much problem. Walking back, maybe a little mellower would be a completely different challenge.

I'll look out for you when we are picking up the post. In the summer migh appreciate a cold beer in preparation for walking back up to the car park.
Hi Bob still no further response on the Sayalonga Forum maybe only me and you look at it. Don't know when you were last over I was over beginning of Nov the week it lashed with rain. I was surprised to see that the Morisco's restaurant in the corner of the square under the trees was closed down. I was told that it is re opening but only as a bar no restaurant which is a shame as there is not that much choice and it was a nice spot under the trees for a lunch.
Bob
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bob still no further response on the Sayalonga Forum maybe only me and you look at it. Don't know when you were last over I was over beginning of Nov the week it lashed with rain. I was surprised to see that the Morisco's restaurant in the corner of the square under the trees was closed down. I was told that it is re opening but only as a bar no restaurant which is a shame as there is not that much choice and it was a nice spot under the trees for a lunch.
Bob
I reckon that no-one else has figured out how to work it :-)

Our last trip was mid November, and we had no rain. Next one is mid March for a month, and the one following that will be one way at the back end of May. last year we went every month so having major withdrawal symptoms at the moment.

The only restaurant we've eaten in in the Village is Meson del Nispero, and very nice it is too. There is supposed to be one that does excelllent suckling pig but we haven't tried to locate it yet.

If you like Thai then get yourself over to Archez. Excellent home cooked food and the Prawns with Basil and Chilli will blow your head off. Mouthwateringly excellent, but does reappear in short order, if you get my drift.... One occasion it was 30 minutes from plate to pan. Frances cannot understand why I keep eating it, but it tastes so damn nice.

Last edited by bob_day; Jan 15th 2009 at 4:29 pm. Reason: typoo
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I reckon that no-one else has figured out how to work it :-)

Our last trip was mid November, and we had no rain. Next one is mid March for a month, and the one following that will be one way at the back end of May. last year we went every month so having major withdrawal symptoms at the moment.

The only restaurant we've eaten in in the Village is Meson del Nispero, and very nice it is too. There is supposed to be one that does excelllent suckling pig but we haven't tried to locate it yet.

If you like Thai then get yourself over to Archez. Excellent home cooked food and the Prawns with Basil and Chilli will blow your head off. Mouthwateringly excellent, but does reappear in short order, if you get my drift.... One occasion it was 30 minutes from plate to pan. Frances cannot understand why I keep eating it, but it tastes so damn nice.
Hi Bob just to let you know got a reply on the Sayalonga site for Gestor in Competa details on that forum, having replied to the guy for taking his time to reply see what you mean about difficult to use but managed it in the end.
Regards
Bob
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Bob just to let you know got a reply on the Sayalonga site for Gestor in Competa details on that forum, having replied to the guy for taking his time to reply see what you mean about difficult to use but managed it in the end.
Regards
Bob
Hi Bob just seen it, thanks for the update. I guess we'll check them both out when we get over in March.

I would put a quick reply on the Sayalonga forum but just don't have 30 minutes spare at the moment

We seem to be amassing a huge pile in the bedroom of things to stuff into the car for the first trip, and there was I saying we don't really need to take that much. Anyone want to swap a Merc ML for a large van:-)
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hope you're journey went well! Snow and rain here in MK
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving over in May and will need a Gestor, any recommendations?

Hope you're journey went well! Snow and rain here in MK
Yes it did just ahead of the bad weather we got here 18.00 Monday. Cold here for Ayamonte but nothing like UK.